Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Got razed ruins and garnald horn and dear god it drastically changed how I play abyssea.

My MNK was getting pwned by 1 even match, now I go against 2-3 and dish out 2k damage with my (now gimp...) destroyers.

2/6 on Abyssea clears, getting closer to Shinryu.

Debating on wither I should get Revnant fists +2 or try for the real empy weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
      After spending most of the night getting resisted, I found this pretty hilarious.
      That reminds me of the time I magic bursted Flash. I love MB's like that.
      99 DNC
      99 WHM
      99 WAR
      * 99 THF
      99 BLM * 99 RDM *
      99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

well, the other night I was playing PLd and fell asleep at the key board. My wife woke me up in the morning and I was lvl 90 with 10 merits. So I guess I will be playing pld now. I was just trying to get to lvl 75. But this works for me.

So I spent a few hours skilling up in kuftel tunnel last night and went from 120 sword to 2001. I tell you Saltina's work great.

I am jelous squiiggs got the clear for lathiene before I did. We went the other day and couldn't get the clear.
        Whm- 90, BLM-90, BST-90, PLD-90,

Played from 2003-2006, Quit when my son was born

Returned in 2011.

Yes I am an old time player who learned to play the hard way.

COP-4-1
        ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
        Windhurst - 9
        Bastok - 0

Comment

Originally posted by Gobo View Post
          PUP feet from first gold chest in Vunkrel. Damn it.
          I hate you. I went with a SMN and his feet dropped in the first box while we were building lights. And I still don't have PUP feet.
          Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
          99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
          F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
          >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
            I hate you. I went with a SMN and his feet dropped in the first box while we were building lights. And I still don't have PUP feet.
            Your going to hate me even worse. I went the other day with a group of friends and we threw away about 5 pair. that was the only thing dropping. Our smn didn't even get their pair like we were going after.

Returned in 2011.

COP-4-1
            ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
            Windhurst - 9
            Bastok - 0

Comment

Spent hours the other day mass whiskering mobs in vunkerl trying to get a friend cor feet. Threw away so much smn and pup.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Soloed Long-Barreled Chariot, blocking all of its Homing Missles with my face.

Good times. Bad dorps.
                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                Name: Drjones
                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Hit 75 over the weekend, grinding in Eldieme. Cleared Savage Blade, tachi: kasha, and black halo WSNMs, now I'm busting out light skillchains like a mofo.

Started trial of the Magian weapons. Kind of interesting since I figured on doing 3 paths of swords trials (1 PDT sword, 2 MAB swords, and 2 STR swords), and since I've got three sword wielders, they're all going to end up with a copy of the set. Same thing for elemental staves, since those trials are all about killing things. Really humorous for the RDM since when I started killing leeches and treants in caederva he was constantly swapping out weapons. The only real pita off the top of my head is going to be the cure +22 staff. Unlike everything else, those darn pixies are an individual instead of group effort.

Not sure what path to take as far as great katana though. I'm considering the PDT path, just because the SAM ends up tanking a lot, since PLDs suck at threat generation.

I've also been considering the occ. Attacks 2-4 times weapons, but NM hunting is a pain (and time consuming) and the kill X hundred mobs seems a bit excessive compared to hunting weathers for 20-70 kills. I'm sure it's still a pain, but the number of paths I'm working on should mean I can always find a useful weather somewhere.

Or maybe I'm completely off base. If anyone has a suggestion I'm open. I'm not sure what the best optins are ouside of Evasion katanas for NIN and all the Shamshir +2s I see on BLUs.
                  You might be stopping to enjoy the game instead of rushing to cap, but that is not normal now. -Mhurron

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                    If anyone has a suggestion I'm open.
                    For SAM: dmg mitigation was handed off to NIN, MNK, and DNC. They can hold hate off any SAM that doesn't have Masamune it seems. Even w/ Masamune a SAM won't have hate for long. I went with the Hagun 2.0 route. I'm not proly gonna do it but Masamune would be my next choice (only cuz of the NM hunting being uncondusive) then proly the STR paths.

For BLU: If you're not getting Almace I've heard the best ones to go for are the +STR shamshirs.
                    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

83 SCH last night, up from 77. PT started out pretty awful, but about an hour and a half in people started working together well. In a weird change of pace I got to play nuker and sleeper. One of the WHMs told me to stop nuking as much after I pulled hate with a Thunder III. I told her that was the only nuke I threw on the mob, which was true. Mind you it was an 1900 damage ebullience thunder III, but still, it was my only nuke. Best damage of the night was a 3800 Stone V MB and a 2900 ebullience Water V. If only I had Minikin and Beyond heheheh.
                      sigpic
                      Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfish View Post

I've also been considering the occ. Attacks 2-4 times weapons, but NM hunting is a pain (and time consuming) and the kill X hundred mobs seems a bit excessive compared to hunting weathers for 20-70 kills. I'm sure it's still a pain, but the number of paths I'm working on should mean I can always find a useful weather somewhere.

Or maybe I'm completely off base. If anyone has a suggestion I'm open. I'm not sure what the best optins are ouside of Evasion katanas for NIN and all the Shamshir +2s I see on BLUs.
                        Well i am attempting to do the cure staff now. I am telling you trying to find light weather is a pain. Let alone a whm killing things with the damn staff. I am stuck on 50 kills with light weather or light day. Whm is not a melee with a staff. I can sub nin easy and duel two clubs and I am good at it and whm rules. But with a staff they are not melee at all. So any suggestions on that would help alot.

Returned in 2011.

COP-4-1
                        ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
                        Windhurst - 9
                        Bastok - 0

Comment

I'm finally 5/5 +1 gear for a job (BLM). I still need seals for both WHM & BRD bodies.

pxch -- you probably need a friend or two to help with those trials. I had a couple of people help with both birds & arcana (I think it was birds - did it a while ago) in Sky on Lightsday & it went pretty quickly. I don't think I ever found Light weather even though it happens in Sky.

You'll definitely want to team up with someone for the bottled pixie trials as those are obnoxious. Here's how I did them: my husband and I would go to Meriphataud Mountains [S]. We'd run or choco over to the area just outside Castle O, kill the Yagudo Priest there, and I'd use a Retrace scroll to get back to town. Pick up another scroll, get teleported to Grauberg [S], carefully avoid hippogryphs (sp?) & drop off the pixie at the lake. Usually as I was trading the pixie, the Yag Priest would re-pop. Hubby would start on the Yag while I did Recall-Meriph... land there, he'd finish the kill, I'd lot the pixie & then Retrace back to town. The key is remembering to pick up a new Retrace scroll each time. You could skip that part if you had both a BLM and a DD helping you (station the BLM at the telepoint to Retrace you as soon as you have the Bottled Pixie in hand).

Comment

Alternatively you can just set your home point in your nation in the past and bloodwarp a whole bunch. That's what I've been doing and it's sped things up a ton even without having Recall or Retrace. It's not like I'm going to be using all that exp for anything else.

What I'm really dreading now is the part that comes after the bottled pixies. Killing stuff during Light day/weather. How often does light weather show up in Sky?
                            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                            Name: Drjones
                            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Alternatively you can just set your home point in your nation in the past and bloodwarp a whole bunch. That's what I've been doing and it's sped things up a ton even without having Recall or Retrace. It's not like I'm going to be using all that exp for anything else.

What I'm really dreading now is the part that comes after the bottled pixies. Killing stuff during Light day/weather. How often does light weather show up in Sky?
                              I did find these links.

FFXI Crafting Timer

MithraPride - It's where the kitties are!

that does help me some

Returned in 2011.

COP-4-1
                              ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
                              Windhurst - 9
                              Bastok - 0

Comment

It's rare. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen it. Nyzul can help you cheat a bit as well, but you have to get lucky on mob selection (and obviously need people to go with)
                                sigpic
                                Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Working...
                                X