Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to farm lightning elementals?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to farm lightning elementals?

I need to farm lightning elementals because its used in my clothcraft recipe and if i buy the lightning crystals i lose most of my profit so i have to get them my self. My main is blm25/whm11, i once defeated one near dem but when i came back for a farming session even when it was thundering i couldent find them (i was on chocobo too), so if theres any areas that thunder alot or have alot of these and can be soloed by myself id love to know.

Re: Best place to farm lightning elementals?

I got probably a dozen lightning clusters in a few hours camping the NM Dosetsu Tree. That'd be the easiest place I'd think.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
    SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

I used to farm lighting crystal at jugnar forrest. Don't think it's safe enough for lvl 25 :|
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by 1nt3ns1ty
        I got probably a dozen lightning clusters in a few hours camping the NM Dosetsu Tree. That'd be the easiest place I'd think.
        Solo by 60 and 21 hour pop, not exactly what im looking for http://ffxi.somepage.com/mobdb/3518.

Comment

Quifm and Pashow Marchlands also offer thunder elementals- though Im not sure its frequent enough to make it worth an entire farmping trip just for them

Comment

I get my Lightning Clusters from Qufim Island and Behemoth's Dom. However you I would recommend being a mage with Stoneskin & Silence at Lv.60+ before you try the Elementals in the Dominion.

Jugner is a great place for them. Delfkutt Tower is another great place for them. I see them there every time I'm in there.

You can also farm Light Clusters in the Dominion as well.
            Odude
            PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
            RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
            SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea
              Solo by 60 and 21 hour pop, not exactly what im looking for http://ffxi.somepage.com/mobdb/3518.
              I wasn't telling you to camp the NM. I was telling you somewhere I farmed alot of lightning crystals and added why I was there genius.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
              SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

You can get a fair amount in Konschtadt Highlands. That's probably the best bet for your level range.

Comment

at lv. 25 you dont have many choices. i think thats the bare minimum to kill an elemental. instead of killing elementals, you can kill goblin fishers in e.ron with a newbie job.
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I am going to have to agree with Omni-Ragnarok at your lvl the best bet is to simply kill lightning crystal droping mobs, although if you are killing them in the konstant highlands keep at it, mark on your map where you kill it and when the storms pick up again start headed toward those points. Just remember you probably have competition. as a side note i personally farm my lightning crystals on Carpenters landing cause i farm the tigers and bones there inbetween weathers.

RNG67 BRD66 THF55 NIN35 WHM31 RDM35 WAR24 PLD30

Comment

I can kill the elementals in konstant highlands pretty easy but im horrable at finding them even when on chocobo (possible with the new update ^^), i mark them on my map and i still manage to find very little, but i guess il just have to work on it. and once i was about to claim one and it stoped thundering and it despawned >.<. Also i found the earth elemental spawn which i need for clothcraft too.

Comment

Working...
                      X