This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on FFXI on after a week of playing

I have split personalities... I can be really nice or your worst nightmare.

But yeah, I play keyboard onry sometimes, but if I'm relax playing I use the controller.

Comment

Many times the issue with freezing or crashing from using the controller on the PC is because the adapter does not support vibration. Thats a good thing to check when buying one.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

tab and keypad will be your best friends. the arrow keys for menu navigating. after a while, it'll feel like second nature.

name: jonel
        server: leviathan
        linkshell: blackrose
        / absolute zero

Comment

Originally posted by kuu
          I rather not use a mouse AT ALL, since you can play everything 1-handed, leaving you able to press macros or just eat a sandwitch.

I still use controller if I'm playing more then 1hr though. It's just easier to lay back and watch tv or something.
          Just laying in the bed and playing with one-hand and scratching ma belly.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea
            >.> something tells me you dont play alot of RTS or FPS.
            Originally posted by Balfree
            Oops i forgot fps games.. but you know what, fps have no place in gaming, so they dont count :D

^^
            RTS are equally as lame :D
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Wind Adept
              Unlock your camera from the target by pressing * over the numpad or typing /lockon into your window, then press shift and the arrow keys simultaneously (or just the mouse) to swing the camera about.
              Depends on how far you want to move the camera during combat. If you want o be looking at your face while fighting, then yes, unlock. Otherwise, do like I said before and jjust hold down SHIFT while turning with the arrow keys. You get about a 45degree rotation in both directions while still being locked onto the target.

Also, I can't STAND playing with anything other than just the keyboard. Hotkeys and menu shortcuts are my best friend. How many others no longer have "TAB", "4", "-", and other keys printed on their keyboard?

I actually popped out my CAPS LOCK key because I was tired of hitting it when cycling for enemies. I just hit it with a pencil for normal documents.

Comment

Originally posted by kvant
                Im oldie in MMORPG scene

I have a method that helps in that. I make my friends play too!
                currently 3 others are in progress of waiting their FFXIs to arrive.
                lol, Same thing with me XD, got 2 of my great friends playing with me, although they hafta come over to my house to do it
                Originally posted by ifandbut
                C.E. 1000 is right around the bend.
                June 12 or something like that, looked it up on my palm. XD its a firesday in case you were wondering.

Double Post Edited:
                Originally posted by Balfree
                RTS are equally as lame :D
                {lie}!!!
                Last edited by silentsteel; 02-23-2006, 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

I got my gf hooked. However I bought the dvd all in one package and my dvd rom I was suppost to get crapped out. So I have to play on her laptop until I get a new dvd drive. Also I might be able to drag one more person in. Got to love recrutment.

These two dont go together (Naive and wise)....Oh well.
                  Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea
                    >.> something tells me you dont play alot of RTS or FPS.
                    Anyone who wants to be good at an RTS uses the mouse as little as possible precisely because it is a slow, clumsy, inefficient device for discrete input. Keyboard shortcuts for everything you can possibly use keyboard shortcuts for, and mouse only when there's no alternative.

As for FPS, the best FPSs I have ever played were designed for PS2 controllers: the Armored Core series. I really want to see what it will be like on a console with extensive internet multiplayer support...

But I don't think the controller is adequate for FFXI. It doesn't have 108 buttons
                    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya
                      Anyone who wants to be good at an RTS uses the mouse as little as possible precisely because it is a slow, clumsy, inefficient device for discrete input. Keyboard shortcuts for everything you can possibly use keyboard shortcuts for, and mouse only when there's no alternative.
                      Ok, true I admit. Tho, it is the easiest way to click on a minimap.

And when you are playing not so familiar game, it is usually mouse what you use.

Originally posted by Karinya
                      As for FPS, the best FPSs I have ever played were designed for PS2 controllers: the Armored Core series. I really want to see what it will be like on a console with extensive internet multiplayer support...

But I don't think the controller is adequate for FFXI. It doesn't have 108 buttons
                      That is what we call a simulator. not an FPS even if it looks like an FPS, like you don't consider flight simulators as FPS games, nor anything what is easier with joystick for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X