This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uber Boss.

I have this feeling, please tell me if anyone else feels the same, that when SE comes out with the final Avatar(which i beliee will be Alexander) They are going to unleash an unholy uber boss onto us all. Something like Ruby and Emerald Weapon from FFVII. Something that will require everyone from each server to stop. I don't know maybe i'm just paranoid but i have a bad feeling. Something is coming. Something big......

Edit- I meant seperate servers not like a combined server. Like a super boss on each server and the inhabitants of that server will have to stop it. Or, who knows, maybe a monster that ravels between servers randomly taking everydown.
    Last edited by Adam-Atlantian; 01-28-2006, 08:29 PM.
    Summoners....There might be a lot but one will always be better than the others.

Alexander will rise again

Re: Uber Boss.

While that sounds fun, and I don't mean to shoot down your feeling. Servers can't come together to help take it down. Could be somthing so incredible it would require the effort of the majority of your single server though yeah. Who knows what's in store really. Challenges keep coming that's a given, what though we'll see.

Comment

There was something like that when they were introducing outpost warps. There was a HNM walking tree in each newb zone. I believe everyone was given a level cap when fighting it. In order for the server to get the right to outpost warp, they had to kill it, which took days. I do hope they make another event like that, sounds like it was fun

Comment

The Twinkeling Trent event was one of the best ever imho. I really wish they would do another. Im getting so tired of the little holiday events where you trade things or go find ???s

Comment

Shyeah, they haven't done a giant monster event in years. Long overdue for another.
          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
          Currently Playing:
          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

There's already Absolute Virtue, how much more Uber do you need one?

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen
              There's already Absolute Virtue, how much more Uber do you need one?
              One in every zone as a year long event X3

Comment

In regards to absolute virtue (which i have never seen due to my low lvl and lack of Sea Access) but I have heard that the first attack (on my server) ended very poorly for the 50 odd adventurers with only slight dmg on the boss. My question is this....what if everyone with access showed up and oh i dont know the engagin alliance called for help? Now bear in mind i dont know if this is a bcnm type thing where only certain people can enter (other than just having sea access) or if it is like dynamis where only a limited number of people at 1 time, but if we are just worried about killing vs any items droped (are their even any items droped?) would this work?

As for an event with a big monster, the minataur thing was kinda like that.....wasnt it???

RNG67 BRD66 THF55 NIN35 WHM31 RDM35 WAR24 PLD30

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Angel
                  The Twinkeling Trent event was one of the best ever imho. I really wish they would do another. Im getting so tired of the little holiday events where you trade things or go find ???s
                  Best thing about that was the huge aoe knockback it did. So you'd see 30 people get flung back every other minute.

The buffalo event was ok i guess... until you got headbutted an homepointed. Yeah, that got old fast.

I wanna fight a giant rabid moogle.
                  "We're all stupid, so lets go adventure in our ignorance together!"
                  http://www.cursetheyagudo.org/db/db....prof&name=Cade

Comment

Giant rabid moogle gets my vote.

I don't know if they'd actually do something like the Twinkling Treant again, but it'd be a blast. The Buffalo event had potential, but the fact that it'd nail you and send you to home point made it too annoying for people to actually coordinate.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                    SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by qaitakalnin
                      In regards to absolute virtue (which i have never seen due to my low lvl and lack of Sea Access) but I have heard that the first attack (on my server) ended very poorly for the 50 odd adventurers with only slight dmg on the boss. My question is this....what if everyone with access showed up and oh i dont know the engagin alliance called for help? Now bear in mind i dont know if this is a bcnm type thing where only certain people can enter (other than just having sea access) or if it is like dynamis where only a limited number of people at 1 time, but if we are just worried about killing vs any items droped (are their even any items droped?) would this work?
                      It's been tried with some 60-odd people in the zone. They'd move the HP a little bit and AV would TP move and kill everyone in range.

For the moment, AV is as uber as you can get.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Wait? They do that sometimes? An event where a monster attacks some city or what? That'd be awesome, but it's very sad that it happens only once... Somebody from SE should "tape" the whole thing so that people that missed it could see it. Is there any documentation on these events I could look into? Sounds like fun.

"There is no such thing as bad ideas, there's just a lack of will to execute them..."

Special thanks to Kagerou for the "colorgift" sig.

Comment

Actually, from what I've heard. After JoL was killed the first time, another LS got the items and figured they'd give it a shot. Sure enough, AV popped. They tried themselves with 60 or so people, couldn't make a dent, then after 2-3 hours they CFH'd and 82 people (Might have been 92 I don't remember) all started wailing on it. Got it to like 90% I think before they blew it off.

EDIT: Friend of mine corrected me. It was 93 people in the zone when it was CFH'd and they got it to 98%. lol Pandemonium iirc.
                          Last edited by Intensity; 01-29-2006, 10:03 AM.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                          SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Holy Crap! What if AV is just the beginning. Like a test to see how strong SE can make a boss. I think that whole community thing is more important than anything in these situations.
                            Summoners....There might be a lot but one will always be better than the others.

Alexander will rise again

Comment

ok it is important to note (before we get to outa hand here) that the SE guys and gals do not make a monster that cannont be defeated, they test the monster to make sure it can be with thier own characters.....course this could be totaly wrong and they may just make monsters that only their ubberest items that arent even out yet can beat..../shrug i am hopefull enough to believe that they wont ever make a monster that cannot be defeated (even if it means that everyone fighting the thing has to have a relic weapon and every single piece of +1 relic gear plus a full inventory of meds.....) hehe

RNG67 BRD66 THF55 NIN35 WHM31 RDM35 WAR24 PLD30

Comment

Working...
                              X