This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New avatar besides Diabolos?

With the possible introduction of new avatars, Summoners will get more invites and a better role at gods. Before Diabolos summoners were pretty much useless. Lets face it.... we were mainly backup healers for the gods. Our level 70 bloodpacts do squat damage to the gods... sad but true..

Any comments guys?

Comment

WishMaster3K:
      I just wanted to correct/add something to your post about the story line on the first page.
      Emptyness

No Ifs Ands or Buts about it.
      Rest of my sig

Comment

TY IAB. I'm not anywhere as near as far in CoP as you are, I unfortunately am a slacker, so I was never around to do Promyvs. ;.; I'm gonna try knocking those out in February tho, cause I'm taking a month off from my sky LS atm.
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

The story does change about what the emptiness is, and where it comes from when you reach the end of CoP.

Altana, Promathia, and Emptiness

Comment

One more to add to the list of useless bloodpacts: Megalith Throw. I hit 35 SMN last night, tried it a few times: miss, miss, 18. Asked a SMN friend of mine and it turns out that it's been bugged for like a year.

I know SE probably doesn't read this boards, but if anyone who *does* read these boards goes to a convention or something where there are SE reps... please ask them not to add more new avatars until they fix/improve Frost and Lightning Armors, Rolling Thunder, Megalith Throw. And possibly Crimson Howl, Hastega, Glittering Ruby and Ultimate Terror - I don't have those yet, but hardly ever see them used, probably for a reason.

Heck, that's over an avatar's worth of abilities that could be "added" to SMN just by improving them until they were useful.
            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

to use or not to use which avatar ability is your choice to make.
              Of cos you need to use your knowledge in game to choose the right avatar and ability to try to help max the efficent of your effect on the party killing the monster faster/getting better exp etc. Seriously, i dont know why so many summoner keep using aerial armor and titan stone skin. To me its not really useful in some fights. Too many summoners follow other summoner on what to use n do. They dont have any creativity at all i say. For me i use more ability like rolling thunder and others then aerial armor etc. Although my summoner is only 39. in a pt like mnk pt or maybe warrior pt, summoner should use hastega more then stoneskin or aerial armor. Summoner who keep using aerial armor and stoneskin are just brainless to me and has no creativity at all.

Comment

That would be a neat idea, if those abilities actually did something useful!

Do you really want to use your blood pact timer on Rolling Thunder in its present state? You'll do maybe 50 damage (from the whole party combined) over the entire duration of the ability (which is only 1 minute to start with). Thunderspark could have done more than that, for less MP, and done it up front instead of waiting for the whole duration. And it paralyzes too.

In order for Rolling Thunder to be useful at all, it at least has to have a reasonable chance of doing more damage than a lower level damage bloodpact, from the same avatar, that costs less mp!

In short, I like your idea of SMN having a bunch of abilities that they can use to good effect in different situations, but the job isn't quite there yet in the actual usefulness of the abilities, which is what I was trying to point out. Direct attack bloodpacts are fine now, except for Megalith Throw (and if there are any others similarly bugged). Some of the enhancing ones are still in the "cool idea, useless in actual play" category though.

P.S. It's been a while since I used aerial armor; I keep getting parties full of NINs and /NINs, which makes it a total waste. I don't have Earthen Ward yet, but it's clearly really good on some mobs (bones, flies, goblins, weapons) and pretty pointless on some others (anything with little or no aoe). That's fine - you can't use every ability every fight. But every ability should be worth using in *some* fights.
                Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Its just like asking people, why use stoneskin when it only last like 1-4 hit at most on leveling pt? is just a waste of mp for 1hit etc. When there are nothing else good to use, you just have to use the best that suit the monster you fighting or the pt jobs you have etc.

Comment

As a big fan of the Summoner job, I thought I'd post my theories and speculations. None of this is based on any fact or rumor, just my thoughts about this.

Currently in the game there has been mention of 5 Terrestrial Avatars, and 8 Celestial Avatars (the ones on the star chart).

Terrestrial:
                    Carbuncle, Fenrir, Diabolos, Phoenix, Bahamut.

Celestial:
                    Shiva, Ifrit, Garuda, Titan, Leviathan, Ramuh, Alexander, Odin.

The Celestial Avatars are also referred to as the 'sleeping gods' by Carbuncle, and the Mithra.

Anyway... Of the above listed avatars, then ones currently not summonable are Phoenix, Bahamut, Alexander and Odin.

Of these Alexander and Odin would need to have Protocrystals associated with them.

Alexander

Odin

Bahamut

Phoenix

Also, after the Summoner job was introduced right before RoZ came out there has been a pattern of adding one Avatar to the list of summonable avatars around the end of each expansion. (Fenrir around the end of RoZ and Diabolos around the end of CoP.) Thus if that pattern continues, I would guess there would be one at the end of ToAU which I believe will be Phoenix.
                    SMN 75 / COR 63 / THF 60 / WHM 53 / NIN 53 / RNG 40 / WAR 30 / BLM 28 / BRD 20 / MNK 16 / DRG 14 / SAM 13 / PAL 1 / DRK 1 / BST 1 / RDM 1 / BLU 1 / PUP 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nekaru
                      Also, after the Summoner job was introduced right before RoZ came out there has been a pattern of adding one Avatar to the list of summonable avatars around the end of each expansion. (Fenrir around the end of RoZ and Diabolos around the end of CoP.) Thus if that pattern continues, I would guess there would be one at the end of ToAU which I believe will be Phoenix.
                      Very very good observation!

Comment

Now if only I can get farther on missions so that I can come up with conclusions like this also. . . /sigh rnk 5 & on the promys. . . I should get working on those. <.<

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

After reading the COP story, i stronglu think that Phoeix will be summonable!

Comment

I'm rank 8 and on Promyvs, but I read a lot of spoilers in the pursuit of higher knowledge =o

Perhaps being able to summon Bahamut is a bit excessive in the Grand Scheme of Things, but keep in mind that there have been copious hints about what will be going on in ToA, what with the mirrors and what not.

I would not be suprised if Odin and Alexander are summonable in the next version, and even LESS suprised if you could only choose one or the other ^^
                            The Tao of Ren
                            FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                            Originally posted by Kaeko
                            As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekaru

Alexander

Odin

Bahamut

Phoenix

Well, my take on Alexander and Phoenix is a little different.

Bahamut

Alexander & Phoenix

Comment

Well, trying to be objective, if they release avatars on the nex expansion it will be a very short time frame between Diabolos and the new avatars, but we can still keep hopeing

Comment

Working...
                                X