This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New avatar besides Diabolos?

Does anyone know if there are any rumors of new avatars being added to the game once the new expansion comes out? I woud like to see phoenix on the game!

Re: New avatar besides Diabolos?

Originally posted by Darkhound
    Does anyone know if there are any rumors of new avatars being added to the game once the new expansion comes out? I woud like to see phoenix on the game!
    Not yet so far. By tomorrow we should know as much as possible once that issue of Famitsu hits newstands in Japan (They're a day ahead of us)

Comment

Guaranteed

If you want to know why, then prepare to have the entire game ruined. Hint: CoP and RoZ are connected in ways I didn't think possible.
      The Tao of Ren
      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      Originally posted by Kaeko
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K
        Guaranteed

If you want to know why, then prepare to have the entire game ruined. Hint: CoP and RoZ are connected in ways I didn't think possible.
        Still ... it's not confirmed and with SE working on what seems to be more than 2 new job classes (Might be as many as 3 or 4) then there's just way more priorities for them than to keep adding avatars into games and not being able to make them more unique than the other avatars and also not making those older avatars completely useless.

Comment

Aeni, I'm sure that someone of your obvious experience knows what I'm referring to.

I'll try to get hard evidence to prove it, but there were animations for the ladder I mentioned found in the game, and more than just those found during a fight with said avatar. But it's ok for you to reserve judgement, I can't blame you. Wait till I can prove it!
          The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I really got very surprised when I saw your "spoiler"..... people said at 1st that Diabolos was never going to be a sumonable avatar because it was evil, and because it was an essential part of the CoP story, and I personally had given up hop, and we recently got the surprise. But it took way too long for them to add another avatar. What makes you state that those avatars will be added? I think one of them would be impossible to fit the screen...... Please develop Wishmaster

Comment

Baaaah, a request! I cannot deny a request!!!

Only Since Darkhound asked >.>

Edit:

Found info on the four Gods. SE Kept True to the mythology, indeed.

Genbu

Byakko

Suzaku

Seiryu
              Last edited by WishMaster3K; 01-26-2006, 07:50 AM.
              The Tao of Ren

Comment

Wow... thank you so very much for your response! In regards to your missing dragon.. i think its Tiamat.....

Anway... i am truly amazed with you knowledge of the FFXI story.. bow... but Would it be to much to ask if you can give me bit more info on ....

how do i do that anti spoiler thing......? before i post?

Comment

lol

[ spoiler = "title" ] word words words [ / spoiler ]

And ty, it was Tiamt. I researched him, but forgot to copy his info. I'll edit the post.

All that data is via htt://www.wikipedia.com :D

Edit:

check my above post, added info on the 4 gods.

I researched them because playing FFXI got me interested ^^

Who say's video games arent educational!? Goooooooo SE!!!!
                  Last edited by WishMaster3K; 01-25-2006, 05:29 PM.
                  The Tao of Ren

Comment

if you've done the pokemon quests(fellwoship) Then you knwo that its tied into the story of Aht Urghan and there are two beings, that could be added as new summons.
                    The divinity of light and the divinity of darkness. Or in what I term Alexander and Odin.
                    They could be a new grade of avatar, we have terrestrial, elemental and spirits. The next could be Celestial being that the Pokemon quests refer to them as being like the divinities in the heavens.

But what do I know..
                    It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                    それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                    Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                    A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Well, 1st of all I want to thank each and everyone of you that has taken time into replying my posts. Getting a little off topic for a while, let me introduce my self. I am Darkhound, a fellow summoner in the Kujata server. I have been playing FFXI for almost 2 years now and I just came back to the game aweek ago after a 5 months break, and come back fully charged! I am VERY surprised that I never bumped into this website before, wich let me say is amazing. There seems to be a very serious people working here and the community seems stable and frendly. I was basically a visitor of allkhazam, killvoid and ing.vault, but since my office recently shut down all access to "Gaming" websties i browsed and browsed and for some reason JUST the forum section of this site escaped the filteing YAY!!!! So now i have something to do while i work!

That being said, let me get back to topic...

Can anyone provide more info on

Thanks in advance,
                      DH

Oh and btw.. thanks Wishmaster for the spoiler tip!

Comment

It's always possible. I highly doubt Square Enix will reach a point where they say "we don't need any more avatars." If anything, I'm sure they plan on trying to get as many classic Final Fantasy summons in the game, and maybe some original ones as well.

I think Phoenix is a given, and could be the next summon. I don't, however, think Bahamut will ever become summonable. Yes, given history, both Fenrir and Diabolos have become summonable. It just seems different with Bahamut, with regard to the story. Sure Diabolos is the lord of darkness, but Bahamut is the king of dragons...and since SE just added a boss fight against him, I don't see them making another battle to get him as a summon.

Odin and Alexander do almost go hand-in-hand, with darkness and light. However, I'm skeptical of Alexander being in the game at any point in time (as much as I love that damn summon), simply because he's just too big. Sure, other summons like Ifrit or Titan have been rather large in past Final Fantasy games, but they're aren't damn castles with holy missile launchers. Shrinking Alexander down like that would kinda lose a lot of what he's supposed to be.

But meh, just my speculation I'd love to see as many classic summons as possible.
                        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                        Currently Playing:
                        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Imagine Phoenis with rereiseaga or something like that! I would definatley want to see him and I would appreciate any more info on him. On bahamut, on every FF to date he has been a summon, and I hope this is not the exception! But i would be mayorly dissapointed not to see Phoenix in the game. So far, Phoenix is mentioned in teh game atm, but we need to have him!

Comment

bahamut aleady have 1 part of his avatar quest out now i think.
                            so most probably is going to be one of the new avatar

Comment

What do you actally mean by there is part of his summonable quest already there?

Comment

Working...
                              X