X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jan. 17, 2006 Maintenance

Originally posted by little ninja
    As for the UK, yeah you guys are the new S.E step children. before you guys came along S.E. used an abbused the NA players with there scheduled work time to start during NA prime time..
    I have to disagree with this statement, not only is it misleading about the attitude of S.E. its also outright wrong. S.E. did not abuse the NA's, in fact the NA's got off extremely lightly when it came to updates.

We all know why the updates are at the time they are and that is because at that time (I think it's 3am JST and 2pm EST) the servers are at their lowest population density and so the disruption is minimized. People can rant and rave about how S.E. loves the Japanese and how much they hate everyone else but it actually is the best time if you look at it from a server population perspective.

Additionally as an importer of FFXI into the UK myself (over 2 years ago now) I know only too well that the updates are not scheduled for US prime-time, I known this because almost every single update consumes my prime-time.

A word of warning to all the UK people out there, don't expect it to change any time soon as we are still the lowest population on the server.
    Last edited by Dux; 01-17-2006, 10:01 AM.
    - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
    Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
    My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

I don't have a problem with the update times. Whether it be 2 hours, or 2 months, my soul belongs to Squeenix.

All praise Squeenix.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnastar
        All praise Squeenix.
        _(._.)_
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I rarely remember any updates when I played... I suppose they aren't on a regular schedule like WoW? It'd be nice if they announced maintenance dates well ahead of time... it'll let me plan my "sick days"
          Resident Canuklehead

*Dong*

Comment

Originally posted by Riceman
            maybe its one of there infamous typo's

true that

In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
            And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
            Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
            Yeah, It’s true.
            It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Maintence is over. You may return to your happy digital lives.

Comment

The whole "Favoring JP" thing is rediculous. maby its just the most convinient time for the people that have to do the maintenance or something
                Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
                InuTrunks is just mad, because I ate his baby.

Comment

lol i was right 2 hrs
                  [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I logged in surprised to see that there was a maint. There was nothing listed about it last night when I logged in. I had planned to log in and try and get my Mage Blood to spawn my DRK AF helm, and it told me I couldn't!

However, at 2:15EST I logged in and got 3 more kills (No drop!!) and then logged out for work. So it seemed to end on time.
                    Odude
                    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I prefer they take the time it takes to fix the bugs, errors and exploits than doing an half-assed job about it.
                      Sure, you may say that there shouldn't have been any bugs in the first place
                      and that they should have tested it thoroughly before going live,
                      but shit happens and there are a lot more creeps trying to exploit these bugs than those trying to find/fix them.
                      Rank: 6 ジョブ: 暗 61, シ 38, 戦 37, 赤 26, 白 25, 黒 20, モ 20, 竜 10, 獣 10, 吟 10, 侍 10, 狩 10, 忍 20, 召 15, ナ 1, 青 10, コ 10, カ10
                      Never argue with a moron. They pull you down to their level and beat you through experience.

Comment

all hail the Or-hai!
                        Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                        G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
                        San Doria Rank 6
                        ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Working...