This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan. 17, 2006 Maintenance

Does anyone else think it is totally insane that the maintenance time changed from 2 hours to 6 hours in 5 mins which was anounced right before they began the mainenance?

Re: Jan. 17, 2006 Maintenance

lol that's SE for ya.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I mean they've been saying 2 hours in every announcement until the one where they say, "Please logout immediately, we are starting maintenance. Maintenance will last 6 hours." Then the servers go down... isn't that frickin' retarded! I'm all like, "that's cool, I can get back on for a hour or so before work" now I can't even do that... DAMN YOU S-E! DAMN YOU TO HAY-ELL!

Comment

Welcome to the UK where I come home from work looking forward to a night on FFXI only to find maintenance started at 5pm through to 11pm. Thanks S-E for keeping your precious JP playerbase happy and fuck you for screwing the rest of us.

Comment

Hey at least they upped the maintenance time before the maintenance started rather than 2 minutes before it's suppose to end.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
          Personality Tests

Comment

What?? I logged when I saw "We are starting the maintainence NOW. Please log out immediately." and I didn't see the 4 hour extension.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

It definitely said 6 hours because a riot just about started in Lower Jeuno when it was announced.

Comment

Common feeling at present is the 6 hour text was an error and not correctly amended from a previous update. Main FFXI site still says 2 hours.

Comment

Hope you're right Grizzle, cause the blue message before I logged off definitely said 6 hours.

Comment

*Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

so this on all the maintenance updates. just got to read the small print.

Comment

I also never saw the 6 hour message and ffxi logged me lmao cuz one of my friends sne a tell saying wtf its 6 now... i typed /servmes and it said 2 we will just have to find out.
                      [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

At least they don't do server maintenance every Tuesday of every week.

Comment

maybe its one of there infamous typo's

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard
                            Common feeling at present is the 6 hour text was an error and not correctly amended from a previous update. Main FFXI site still says 2 hours.
                            lol or maybe they are waiting to update their site 5 minutes before half their servers try to get back online. yeah but typical S.E, question is do any of you remember the few crazy S.E updates. i remember the first one took a 2 hr an tuen it into 24 hours. an then there was last yr. 4 days later an still alot of FX players couldnt update. or if they did update could not log on.

as for the UK, yeah you guys are the new S.E step children. before you guys came along S.E. used an abbused the NA players with there scheduled work time to start during NA prime time.. so trust me fellow UK peeps. i feel your pain..

Double Post Edited:
                            Originally posted by sanjito
                            *Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

so this on all the maintenance updates. just got to read the small print.
                            lol there is always one isnt their? thanks for that info captain obvious!
                            Last edited by little ninja; 01-17-2006, 09:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

It still says 2 hours on the website. I hope that's right. Servers are due back up 7pm if it is the case. I have Dynamis scheduled for 7pm. >< If it is late up we miss it.

Comment

Working...
                              X