Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for FFXI veteran who also knows how to write.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for FFXI veteran who also knows how to write.

Hi guys,

If you have a level 75 character and know the game really well, could you contact me? I'm a strategy guide publisher and I'm looking to release an updated English guide, but it's very, very difficult to find players knowledgable enough.

Basically, I'll create an outline for the guide that new players would find useful, and you'd fill the information. This would be a paid gig.

Thanks,
    Trounce

Re: Looking for FFXI veteran who also knows how to write.

brandygames?

>__< finally a new updates guide in paper
    Sorry about my english
    http://ivalice.hnmls.com

Comment

Originally posted by ashdam
      brandygames?

>__< finally a new updates guide in paper
      Haha, no. I compete with Bradygames and Prima. And they started doing those paper updates because of my business model. Although, we haven't updated any FFXI stuff in a long time so I'm trying to fix that now.

Comment

Good luck!
        I'm back! Sanim restored!

Comment

Originally posted by Sanim
          Good luck!
          It's surprisingly hard to find the right person. I'm almost to the point of just finding an experienced player, asking them questions, and writing the guide myself. Do you guys think that would be easier?

Maybe I should approach it differently.

Comment

If you had not play the game deep enough, you wount know the very deep details of ffxi as the game itself has very deep end game stuffs to mess with.

This project offer look interesting ^0^ but how you going to do it?
            Been playing for 2year 4month+ 2 Lv75 job and etc
            I stay in asia by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by JeanRC
              If you had not play the game deep enough, you wount know the very deep details of ffxi as the game itself has very deep end game stuffs to mess with.

This project offer look interesting ^0^ but how you going to do it?
              Been playing for 2year 4month+ 2 Lv75 job and etc
              I stay in asia by the way.
              Normally, I would try to get an author to write the entire thing and pay them afterwards. The amount paid depends on the size of the guide, but also the quality and effort the author put into it. Most of the time we pay between $300-$600.

If I gave you an outline (list of topics) could you give me enough information to write a strategy guide for it? Basically, I'd want information on every facet of FFXI but not in staggering detail. Just enough so that a new player would feel comfortable starting out. You could easily write a 5,000 page guide on FFXI and not touch on everything. I'd want something more in the 50-70 page range.

Comment

Does that mean i become the author now? hehe
                Well is pretty hard to say if i can make it or not unless you have did it before.
                Maybe you can give me an outline example and i see what i can fill inside those example.
                I may even need to "test drive" the new player strategy guide myself or go though the lv1 process again and take down notes stage by stage to ensure i dont miss out anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JeanRC
                  Does that mean i become the author now? hehe
                  Well is pretty hard to say if i can make it or not unless you have did it before.
                  Maybe you can give me an outline example and i see what i can fill inside those example.
                  I may even need to "test drive" the new player strategy guide myself or go though the lv1 process again and take down notes stage by stage to ensure i dont miss out anything.
                  Sure, that's a good idea. I just sent you an IM on a very basic outline. If you'd like to take this on I'll send you a detailed one and we can talk back and forth in email discussing the best topics to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouncer
                    I'd want something more in the 50-70 page range.
                    50-70 pages only???
                    Sorry about my english
                    http://ivalice.hnmls.com

Comment

Originally posted by ashdam
                      50-70 pages only???
                      When you don't fill them with images, that's about half the size of a novel.

I'd take more pages, sure, but how many people out there could write that many?

Comment

Well u probably have to split ur guide into three (maybe four sections)

The normal xp pt with job roles, what job combinations to choose, the right amount of mage/melee jobs for a certain lvl area, the effective way to use JA's, etc.

The BCNM strategy for another. Going more in depth with the roles each member needs to do, the mob's special attacks, how to handle them, etc

Mission strategy, walkthrough of getting whatever key items needed, etc.

Maybe endgame but u probably don't need to (might get controversial)
                        noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trouncer
                          When you don't fill them with images, that's about half the size of a novel.

I'd take more pages, sure, but how many people out there could write that many?
                          Heheh, RSE, AF, chest, and coffer would probably fill up 50 pages already. NM, BCNM, quests and missions would probably take another 50 pages. General jobs and crafting could also fill 50 pages easily.

Heheh, you are looking at 150 pages at least for this project.

Comment

Absolutely. A guide isn't a novel nor is it written in that style. 50-70 pages, regardless of images, is far too small to encompass a thorough representation of FFXI even for a beginner.
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

My job levels are indicated below and I've been playing since the US release. I could help out, but yes, the guide would need to be a hell of a lot longer, even without images, unless the pages are rediculously stupid large.

Mind if I ask, what company is this for? And would we get credit (as in put our name in it)?

Also, you'd want information post Treasures of Aht Urgan, since it will more than likely change a lot of the game and make a huge amount outdated.
                              Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                              Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                              Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                              Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                              Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Working...
                              X