Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bots + Hacks: Do they fight gilsellers?

Do you think bots and hacks fight gilsellers or add to the problem?
    65 RDM/ 25 BLM/ 33WHM/ 11WAR/ 15THF/ 30NIN/ 21BRD
    Cooking: 85
    Goldsmithing: 22

Re: Bots + Hacks: Do they fight gilsellers?

....are you serious......bots and hacks ARE USED by most gillsellers -.-
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

With or without gilsellers, bots and hacks add to the problem even in regular player hands. >_>

Comment

truly. in fact, i think bots and hacks are a problem as big as-maybe even bigger than- gilselling itself. both are forms of cheating, and hurt the game.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
        Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
        I live to entertain!

Comment

I have a friend who used a hack to beat a gilseller to a spawn, and was banned.

So no, bots and hacks don't help. In fact, they'll get you banned before the gilsellers do.
          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
          Currently Playing:
          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I wasn't banned XD It was a 90 hour suspension (they lie when they say 72 hours T_T). But yeah, even the gilsellers who use warp bots to claim will report you for speed hacking around (not to get the pops though). All the regular players at the spawn said they didn't mind me doing it, because I made them laugh for holding the placeholders for 2-3 hours at a time. Whatever though, don't hack. It's fun, but not worth (atleast for me) the investment I've put into in my character.

Comment

Bots and hacks hurt everyone but the people using them. If everyone who played on pc downloaded bots and hacks that would even out the playing field right ? nope just hurts ps2 people.
              Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
              InuTrunks is just mad, because I ate his baby.

Comment

Most hacks and bots I know of serve one purpose: to benefit a player in illegally reaping material or financial reward.

So, to answer the OP's question. Basically, you are no different from a gil seller and you should be labeled as an RMT, based on your priority, ethical stance and lack of respect to the rules that was laid down to provide fair play for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                  Basically, you are no different from a gil seller and you should be labeled as an RMT, based on your priority, ethical stance and lack of respect to the rules that was laid down to provide fair play for all.
                  It just makes me a hacker, not a gilseller.

Comment

Originally posted by Siber
                    Is it just me misinterpreting or? Sound like you're proud of it.
                    Rank: 6 ジョブ: 暗 61, シ 38, 戦 37, 赤 26, 白 25, 黒 20, モ 20, 竜 10, 獣 10, 吟 10, 侍 10, 狩 10, 忍 20, 召 15, ナ 1, 青 10, コ 10, カ10
                    Never argue with a moron. They pull you down to their level and beat you through experience.

Comment

I don't consider the person that d/l's a cheat program and uses it a hacker. You hack when you use it but you are in no way a hacker. A hacker is a person that makes a 3rd pt program for a game. What to call the users of the program? Cheaters? I don't know but I definately do not call them hackers.

As for the question by the OP, no it doesn't help. While the individual using it might reap some benefits, the community does not.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Siber
                        No, you're no different from them, so my point is, you're an RMT. Plain and simple. Go cry in the corner if you got issues with that. BTW, I am being serious here ...

Comment

Just to let you know (and this is sad ; ; ) but the Official FFXI website has links to gilsalers.
                          Last edited by Rufeo; 01-03-2006, 05:48 PM.

Comment

My original idea was that since gilsellers use hacks and bots to get to NM's faster (as seen with Hoo and was reported immediately but never got any penatlies for flying in the air and landing on top of the nm and claming it before I ever saw it spawn).

So i'm asking an ethical question, is it justifible to use the same hacks as the Gilsellers who overcamp (hoo, quu, mee etc) and use hacks to claim it extremely fast. This would allow players to actually have a chance at getting Okotes without buying 10 million gil... I don't know it seems justifible from a realistic point of view (you need it so you do wahtever you can to defeat the other cheaters)

gah im to tired to reason
                            65 RDM/ 25 BLM/ 33WHM/ 11WAR/ 15THF/ 30NIN/ 21BRD
                            Cooking: 85
                            Goldsmithing: 22

Comment

Well imho and this is just imho, yea it sucks that people hack, cheat, gillsell,...talk bad about their mamas! But lets stand back and look at the situation. You might try to help change this problem with gillsellers but not everyone will. And it would take a lot, to damn near everyone to help change this problem. So lets break it down barney style and make 1 of 2 choices.. A)Do something bout (what it would be hell if i know.. if anything at all CAN be done) or B)...... eh *scratches head* farm more? .. uh..complain more!!
                              -Tr|x
                              Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X