This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gil

Making everything rare/ex, the BC items will jump in prices and you have ruined a great way to make gil. Making gil is hard enough, let's not make it worse.
    Except you just made a new way to make gil?

Comment

You all should come to midgardsormr. Prices didn't double, they tripled in one weekend.

Scorpion Harness 5-7mil is now 20mil
      Haubergeon is now 4-7mil is now 14mil
      Snipers are 1-1.6mil are now 4.6mil
      HQ Staves are 1-3mil are now 10mil+

That's just a small sample :x

Was amazing to see it all happen in 2 days.

Probably be double those prices in a few weeks.....bai bai economy

| 75 DRG | 75 MNK | 75 BRD | 37 WAR | 37 NIN | 38 WHM | 37 THF | 60 RNG |
      | 65 SAM | 61 BST | 37 BLM | 46 RDM | 14 BLU | 10 PUP | 10 COR |

Comment

There are reason for high acc gear, for one, high or low damage, as long as your hitting the thing your doing something, more hits and more WS vs stronger hits and Stronger WS, acc proves more reliable.

And alot of ppl don't use sushi, many players use str and damage foods, as Str becomes much more important as you gain higher lvls, if you can get over 30+ or 40+ acc then you can hit often and do even higher damage with food that buffs Str and attack.

For some jobs Acc items come a little bit easier, on the side of getting some very significant acc + att items, and I'm not singling out haubergeon either, there are many more. But for the jobs which cannot equipt those items they end up relying on peacock charm and snipper rings for massive acc, and SH as well.

What I was trying to explain about Sniper rings being over powered is that there should be many more acc items, acc + attack items, etc. If im using sushi i would rather have all attack items.

The addition of equivalent and even better items hasn't done anything to improve the situation either, because they are equally cumbersome to obtain, only someone with alot of time or some close friends can get through the promyvions, and try ENMs and quest for venrer or Jeager ring. Why is it that rangers get 10 tiers of Racc for acc swap rings and melee can only get attack improving rings from NM and BCNM drops? What if I want to swap 100 Racc for 10 acc? It's not about everyone having the best gear, its about not having a natrual supply of simple or medium gear. You can either get +3 acc, +5 att or +5 acc, there isn't a running supply of acc 1, acc 2 and up from normally crafted items.

What about normal rings which add plus acc and attack and reduce attack speed? They could run that in tiers. What about a ring with +2 acc and +3 str? There are only a handful of rings, earrings and necklaces which actually improve your stats, why there are endless tiers of unusable and nearly unbenificial gear escapes me. Entire tiers of armor with nothing but defense and maybe an elemental resistance.

Low variety and high rarity of the few items which are attractive is what drives prices up. If AF armors and a half dozen other armors had attack and acc benifits even in lower amounts then Haubergeon and SH then ppl would have a significant option. The options we get are Mercades and Lambergini or Bicycle and Roller Blades. Nobody wants to spend the next 100 Hrs lvling with nearly useless gear so they spend the same amount of time getting great gear any way possible so they can get parties and lvl up just as fast with better gear.
        Learning > Intelligence > Experience. Weak minds are subject to experience before realization. Inteligent minds understand quickly with minimal experience. Learned minds excersise knowledge gained from study, and do not require experience to reach realization. Which is your claim?

Comment

Originally posted by eriiko
          Making everything rare/ex, the BC items will jump in prices and you have ruined a great way to make gil. Making gil is hard enough, let's not make it worse.
          ? bcnm is a way to make gil, actually most people that do not craft make all their gil doing bcnm runs. ?

having more availble useful gear is an idea that should be considered heavily. i mean, cuir bouilii, silver mail, etc sort of items dont really provide anything but decent def. rating at their respecitive levels or act as skill up items for crafts. if they dont want to flood the market with too many 'good' items, why not put out some ok ones? i mean, the item doesnt have to have ALL beneficial attributes. maybe that way it will keep prices low? like items such as 5acc and -5eva like tilt belt or +1 dex and -1str, something that gives you want you want but also takes something back. i notice that these types of items dont usually sell for that much unless they happen to be the giga type bracelets and all their counter parts. having too many items with unbalanced good qualities tends to make them hot commodities. the rng acc rings are so reasonably priced b/c well, they are only used for ranged attacks and nothing more. now, if you had say... more rings taht gave acc but at the same time had -atk or -str, these items might react the same way in the economy as the rng acc rings do.

its a wierd day, i just rambled there. i apologize if its incoherent.
          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I think a big problem is the idea that people think they "NEED" certain items. I've personally been playing for a long time and I have amassed a small fortune for me and new ls memebers to live off of. I personally bought myself all +1 gear's and emp hairpins, lizzy boots, (farmed from long ago) etc etc. But does that make me any better of a Ninja than those who have regular armor and regular weapons? Not really, what matters is that you are a good player to begin with. If anything you should be able to wear NOTHING and still be good. (Vetern Returning players often wear nothing as mages frim 0-almost 29) The main point is we have to loose the mentallity "WE need SH to be uber, we need +1 everything to level fast, we need.... etc" All we need is love!, no but seriously all we need is to be real about the situation, yeah its nice to have extra cool luxury items but doesn't mean your gonna be any better as a player.
            65 RDM/ 25 BLM/ 33WHM/ 11WAR/ 15THF/ 30NIN/ 21BRD
            Cooking: 85
            Goldsmithing: 22

Comment

How exactly does the game work now? I have Leaping Boots from before these changes took place, should I sell them (for lotsa $$$) and go camp for another pair cause it takes less time now? And what about hairpin? And WTF HAPPENED TO SNIPER'S PRICE, THEY WERE 400k BEFORE I LEFT!! >,< why the hell is it millions now!

Comment

First, I would like to commend this constructive thread. Many good ideas and discussions are taking place in an intelligent manner. That being said, there are some people who oversimplify economics. For those who say "inflation is a part of every economy" this is true. However, in the US economy we have a Central bank who helps to fight inflation using several different means, like raising/lowering interest rates or forcing banks to keep more/less money in reserve. These actions can actually work to increase/decrease money flow and can help to combat inflation. In essence, these are real life money sinks.

FFXI needs more money sinks than it currently has, and I don't think raising AH fees are going to cut it. We need to get the money out of the hands of people who have lots of it. Someone made a great suggestion above with D cloth and D Ingot. I believe that many high level item materials need to be made more freely available with a set NPC price. This would effectively remove money from the economy millions at a time, which should theoretically combat the rampant inflation that is now occurring. I also think FFXI needs item decay, not to the point of an item being destroyed, but an ongoing decay that needs to be kept up from time to time unless you pay gil to restore it. If it gets down to 0, you simply lose all stats from the item until you repair it.
                Filming on location for Walker: Texas Ranger, Chuck Norris brought a stillborn baby lamb back to life by giving it a prolonged beard rub. Shortly after the farm animal sprang back to life and a crowd had gathered, Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked the animal, breaking its neck, to remind the crew once more that Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Comment

yes, i have mentioned this before in another post. inflation is controlled by the fed irl. SE needs to stick its hand in here some how in some way to control inflation or the only thing taht will happen is prices will continue to rise w/o restraint.

i really like the suggestion orlac made about the item decay but not destroyed. losing all stats would be interesting. it would force people to pay some upkeep for their items, which would be a steady stream of gil being taken out. set npc prices would also be great. it wouldnt just lower the prices on those items but on the equipment they become.
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Yeah as i said, the most powerful way SE can intervine is to introduce more NPC items that are worth getting. Some items could be in fact more crafting items at a high price, or maybe weaker version of highly sought after items like O Kote or Juji Gi for a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by eriiko
                      This is dumb. Do you not notice how the prices on all these items have skyrocketed? SE has been taking the wrong direction.

I really liked lionx's idea of having NPCs sell a lot of items. SE wouldn't be putting a price limit on the AH, but it would effectivly drop the prices & keep them from ever getting any higher.
                      I think the right step would of been making it Easier to get not Harder. If they really wanted to make leaping boots less expensive they should of made the respawn on lizzy 1-1.5 hours with a decent drop rate
                      Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
                      InuTrunks is just mad, because I ate his baby.

Comment

the reason the sellable boots and hairpin prices have risen so much is because there is now no way to get them, and why did the price go up so much people feel they need them so bad. If you want them so bad stop being lazy and camp the rare/ex guess what you save all that gil.
                        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I don't like how the entire level 10 Scale set costs 20k...

Damn inflation. I remember buying it ages ago for 2k...the entire set.

Comment

Originally posted by SevIfrit
                            the reason the sellable boots and hairpin prices have risen so much is because there is now no way to get them, and why did the price go up so much people feel they need them so bad. If you want them so bad stop being lazy and camp the rare/ex guess what you save all that gil.
                            Um...you didnt know that the Rare versions are now BCNMable..?

Some people dont like to camp NMs, and some people like to be able to store items on their mule too. There IS a small advantage from the original versions compared to the rare/ex.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnastar
                              I don't like how the entire level 10 Scale set costs 20k...

Damn inflation. I remember buying it ages ago for 2k...the entire set.
                              This can be bought from NPC >.>

Comment

I'm quite oblivious on NPC sales...

Have a link to a database for low level gear vendors?

Comment

Working...
                                X