X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gil

suggestions:

make crafting items like d cloth and d ingot at a fixed price for veteran crafters.

limit cloth crafters to 4 cloths a month at 1.5 mil each
    and 2 d ingots for blacksmithing for 5 mil erach

this would help people get gear for lower prices.

offer certificats of deposit where people could make 5% gil after 2 months of keeping gil in savings, if you want your desposit early you lsoe 10%.

dragon tallon should also drop in ks30 in double dragonian. make drop rate simular as v claw.
    Thom @ Lakshmi server -> 70WHM/75PLD/75SMN
    Shall Shell / The Ultimates / FatesHand All Right!

Comment

items like sniper ring shouldn't exsist. Pooring effective stats into a few items and not having a legitimate variety stiffles the economy, driving players to get the 1 item that can improve their character.
      Thing is, Snipers aren't that great. People just think they are. You don't NEED Snipers at 40. You don't even need two of them. You could do just as well with STR rings. Plus, everyone eats sushi now, why would you want Snipers AND Sushi? 5 Accuracy isn't even that much. A-rank skills go up by 3 each time you level. So, you have the accuracy of someone 1 and 2/3 level higher, without the DEX that comes with those levels. Post-50 A skills go up by 5 at a time, so you have the accuracy of someone 1 level higher. The problem is, people have an *obsession* with accuracy. Take many thieves for example. They go like "whoamg im gunna get a lot of acc an hast an b teh ub3r l33t rogue." DRKs are all "whoamg my weap is 2handed eye need acc." Sure, eventually you may want to invest in them, but you definetely don't need tham at 40.

make crafting items like d cloth and d ingot at a fixed price for veteran crafters.

limit cloth crafters to 4 cloths a month at 1.5 mil each
      and 2 d ingots for blacksmithing for 5 mil erach
      It's a great suggestion but I don't agree on limiting it. If you limit it, people are gonna overcamp the means to make it and sell it for profit on the AH, just like people camp guild materials. If you don't limit it, everyone's gonna try to make profit off of them, there's gonna be mass undercutting, and the prices are gonna go down. Even if the prices don't go down because suddenly every crafter doubled his IQ and don't flood the market, you can still get it for much less simply by getting the material. Oh, and the flooding will also occur because suddenly every crafter is getting 3-5 more attempts at HQing with the same ammount of gil as before. If you simply made Damascus Cloth and Ingot simple level 100-103 recipes without any major restrictions, the prices would go down.

Comment

If you simply made Damascus Cloth and Ingot simple level 100-103 recipes without any major restrictions, the prices would go down.
        I dunno one can say that becuase its so hard to get to, its going to only go UP...but if its flooded with items it might go down...but its the crafters that determine the prices of everything expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by JeanRC
          not being able to buy sniper ring will make them miss more ;p
          Not that u need the most expensive weapons and armour but you do need some decent item like sniper ring which now cost 3-3.5M in ragnarok
          this is the type of attitude that further drives gil selling. the irrational need for certain items like sniper ring.
          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

what about making more sets of equipment that are on par with others (so there isn't a "best" item,etc.) and creating more ways of obtaining, etc etc.? or would it just become "too easy"? O_o

Comment

Com'n now let's just think of ways we can fix this without killing each other. I just thought of another great way.

Instant Bazaar tax: This doesn't tax the person paying, but the person selling. It's 1% * the number of hours logged into ffxi. Maximum penalty of 90% of gil will be deducted.
              Wanna sell Kraken Club for 99M? that's gonna be 90 M tax buddy. You get to keep 9M.
              All trading during this period will be maxed at 1 mil per trade. All Gil delivery during this period will be limited to 1 mil per delivery.

Guild items from 1-60 per craft, no limit: Allows you to buy any item for crafting with no limits on how many is sold from the guild at a reasonable price. I.E. 10k for Darksteel Ore. 10k for Gold Ore etc etc.

AF2 NPC: NPC selling AF2 pieces at 10 mil each. Job must be 75 to purchase for that particular job.
              Dynamis coins: 5 Million gil each per 100 coin

Optical Hat NPC: 5 Million

1 Earth day Auction house: You want to sell your item? you better lower the price or pay AH fees continuously to keep on listing that item.

Teleport NPC to any Telepoint = 5 K per teleport

The whole purpose of these items is to REMOVE GIL FROM THE ECONOMY.

Technically SE CAN step in, they just choose not to.
              Hacked on 9/9/09
              FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Yes... I think FFXI people need to contact the developers either via warcry or alla or via the festival in santa monica to figure out how to reform this economy.

even if i was in a kick ass linkshell on my server, this f'ed up economy would still make this game very unfun.
                Thom @ Lakshmi server -> 70WHM/75PLD/75SMN
                Shall Shell / The Ultimates / FatesHand All Right!

Comment

i like the 1-60 crafting item thing. no limit and set prices would help much.

i am totally for npcs selling more items and useful ones at that. maybe not such wonderful items that most people covet after, but items that can get you by and let you do your job well would be a nice start.

you dont need emp. hairpin, snipers, leaping lizzy and +1 everything to lvl a job.

they also need to start taking the route of empress hairpin, bounding boots and peacock amulet for more items. if you want to real thing, take your chances at a bcnm with your own seals at stake. i can imagine lots of items this would be great for: ochidos kote, brown belt, cross counters, e-bow, etc.

e-bow has jumped from 7-8mil to 15mil. its ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                    you dont need emp. hairpin, snipers, leaping lizzy and +1 everything to lvl a job.

they also need to start taking the route of empress hairpin, bounding boots and peacock amulet for more items. if you want to real thing, take your chances at a bcnm with your own seals at stake. i can imagine lots of items this would be great for: ochidos kote, brown belt, cross counters, e-bow, etc.

e-bow has jumped from 7-8mil to 15mil. its ridiculous.
                    This is dumb. Do you not notice how the prices on all these items have skyrocketed? SE has been taking the wrong direction.

I really liked lionx's idea of having NPCs sell a lot of items. SE wouldn't be putting a price limit on the AH, but it would effectivly drop the prices & keep them from ever getting any higher.

BTW i feel that eventually if things ARE sold from NPC, that certain items will never go beyond a certain price with the exception of lack of knowledge. Say Dispel drops from BCNM, its most likely not going to go above the price of the NPC shop in Rabao. So if a certain shop sells Leaping Boots for 500K, it makes little sense for the AH price to go much more beyond that especially for something that good(not to mention thats 500K out the economy). Maybe shops that sell rare/ex gear that is desirable(maybe not AS good but something just about as good) for a reasonable price might be good way of doing things...a weaker O Kote for 500K thats rare/ex? Hell yes(not only that but if you run out of space you might chuck the rare/ex making it so if people need it again, they buy it again making more gil come out).

Comment

The biggest reason for the ridiculous prices is the amount of gil in the world. You can see no matter how high the price is, people still buying them. It means that people can still afford the price. The most effective way to control the situation is to take out massive amount of gil out of the world.
                      For example, a S-E GM, under a normal account, sell some of the top price items then destroy the gil. They can take out about 200mil - 300mil gil out of the world, depends on how badly the economy is. If people cannot afford the high price, item will time-out all the time and eventually, the price will go down.

Comment

Originally posted by lionx
                        I dunno one can say that becuase its so hard to get to, its going to only go UP...but if its flooded with items it might go down...but its the crafters that determine the prices of everything expensive.
                        In retrospect, it IS kind of high. I mean, the items themselves are level 70 synths. Maybe make the material a level 65 synth (still risky for anyone who simply has that job to 60 as a sub.) and then it becomes far more accessible. I myself am level 63 smithing, and I sure as heck would take some more losses NPCing items if I could make Damascus Ingots at 65. The increased accessibility would then lead to flooding. The materials required could be obtained from NPCs. I also have to agree that if they were to add variants at NPCs for a decent price, the price ranges would be far more controlled. I'd buy a Scorp Harness from an NPC even if it were 6 million. Better than 16. With the inflation being as it is, making 1 million isn't nearly as hard as in the old days. Heck, I think if they had left Shihei as a buyable item in Norg it would've been better. I mean honestly, how many people go to Norg? And you know what else they could add to Norg NPCs? FREAKING SHURIKENS. Hell, I'm not even a NIN and I know Shurikens are way too expensive. Honestly how the heck are you going to buy Manji Shurikens? The recipe uses Darksteel Sheets and Tama-hagane. It'd cost around 150k a stack, and no smith in the right mind would skill-up on those. Same with Juji Shurikens...noone makes them, it's too expensive, noone can afford to spam them.

Comment

even a stupid lv30+ glove with 15-20atk for smn mnk and nin only is 9M+ now in ragnarok !!
                          All u dam mnk sam and nin lol. is real stupid to spend 9M on a item that drop from a easy nm and with all the gil seller camping it yet u all are paying for it.If i know the item are heavily camp by gil seller and the item rocket so high in price, i would not buy it. i will just go for another best set up of eq

Comment

Originally posted by eriiko
                            This is dumb. Do you not notice how the prices on all these items have skyrocketed? SE has been taking the wrong direction.
                            thats what ive been saying? did you not read what i wrote? the old items have skyrocketed for a good reason: people use their beastmen seals at a chance at getting it in bc BUT if you really want the item, you can camp it now with slightly less competition. i was at leaping lizzy, ve and mdp recently, and competition has dropped of ALOT from back in the day. then again, it all relys on someones patience. if you dont actually want to do any work for your items, then yea, you will have to face a stiff price. if you dont mind earning these nice items, camp them and its yours for good. there are no longer 12 emperor hairpins on sale or 15 leaping boots either. i usually see only 2-4 at any given time now.

make things rare ex, you take away the obsessive camping at nm spawns. if you are lucky enough to win one in a bc, you deserve to sell it for a nice amount. however, making these items rare.ex has NOTHING to do with the recent jump in prices. this change was made months ago. and since then prices were actually pretty steady. there was a slight increase but nothing like the past month. e-bow sale went from 8mil to directly 14mil the next sale. this is due to some other factor we do not now at this moment.

Comment

Making everything rare/ex, the BC items will jump in prices and you have ruined a great way to make gil. Making gil is hard enough, let's not make it worse.

Comment

well then thats where we are at a stand still. 15 people camping lizzy with bots or high prices. need to choose 1 the lesser of two evils.

Comment

Working...
                                X