Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is true, can't spell ignorant without IGN, IGN shows their ignorance about FFXI

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: It is true, can't spell ignorant without IGN, IGN shows their ignorance about FFX

Originally posted by Zaptruder
    Haha. I've quit both games you brain of spam chimp.

Moreover, FFXI sure would be recieving that many complaints if there was an official forum for complaint for the game. But all you really have are fan moderated forums like this one that tend to control the amount of hate expressed in the forums.
    Waiting for Vanguard?
    Happy happy gogo Mana is full of

http://www.dawnlinkshell.com

Comment

• Re: It is true, can't spell ignorant without IGN, IGN shows their ignorance about FFXI

No. Waiting for PS3. WoW expansion too.

Comment

• Re: It is true, can't spell ignorant without IGN, IGN shows their ignorance about FFXI

So you can get a race that is an inverse shade of a current one?

Even with my PoS integrated Graphics, I've notived that, remarkably, the game is gorgeous. I changed resoultion (on both GUI and Background TExtures using POLUtis) to 800 X 600, and turned up things like bump mapping and what have you, and the downgrade from 1024 X 768 to this is wonderful. In addition, adding the little nuances from the effects is gorgeous!

Lineage II doesnt count as an MMORPG, I'll rebuke this statement if I'm thinking of the wrong game but. . . If I recall, this is the game where the only ONLINE aspect of it is the towns, and when you venture out, it's a solo instance. Hence, why it is free. I'm not sure, again, if this is Lineage, but I know there is a game like this. Regardless, whichever game I'm talking about can't count in terms of graphics, since it doesnt have NEARLY as much code coming down it's pipeline in terms of character data.

To be capped at 56k (even less since the FCC requires a maximum of 50k to be used. . .), FFXI runs shockingly well in the big-gathering areas. Sure, Jeuno is laggy as shit, but ppl have been doing Dynamis and Ballista's to much success!

Enough outta me. Beating a dead cow. Time for some beef. See you in vana'diel.
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

• Re: It is true, can't spell ignorant without IGN, IGN shows their ignorance about FFX

Originally posted by WishMaster3K
          So you can get a race that is an inverse shade of a current one?

Even with my PoS integrated Graphics, I've notived that, remarkably, the game is gorgeous. I changed resoultion (on both GUI and Background TExtures using POLUtis) to 800 X 600, and turned up things like bump mapping and what have you, and the downgrade from 1024 X 768 to this is wonderful. In addition, adding the little nuances from the effects is gorgeous!

Lineage II doesnt count as an MMORPG, I'll rebuke this statement if I'm thinking of the wrong game but. . . If I recall, this is the game where the only ONLINE aspect of it is the towns, and when you venture out, it's a solo instance. Hence, why it is free. I'm not sure, again, if this is Lineage, but I know there is a game like this. Regardless, whichever game I'm talking about can't count in terms of graphics, since it doesnt have NEARLY as much code coming down it's pipeline in terms of character data.

To be capped at 56k (even less since the FCC requires a maximum of 50k to be used. . .), FFXI runs shockingly well in the big-gathering areas. Sure, Jeuno is laggy as shit, but ppl have been doing Dynamis and Ballista's to much success!

Enough outta me. Beating a dead cow. Time for some beef. See you in vana'diel.
          mo you are thingking of Guildwars, and you are only half right, there are solo areas that only you can go to and there are multiplayer ones as well
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

You realize the title is pretty much sarcasmn right? Get a better joke, monkey.

Comment

I didnt read the article from IGN but i usually stay away from that board. It has failed/mislead in the past and will continue to do so. As for FFXI on the 360,the system needs a killer online app. Its simple they would port FFXI over. The game works, so why upgrade it. The winners will be the FFXI community. More ppls equal a better playing experience.So to that end,that article and reviewer can be dismissed, because no one really cared what he said anyways.
              If beauty is in the eye of the Beholder.....than what is truth?

Sig under construction.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
                You realize the title is pretty much sarcasmn right? Get a better joke, monkey.
                Reading through some of your posts... no, no I had no idea it was 'sarcasm'.

If it were, it would actually imply you made worthwhile contributions with your posts... and although I can see you've made some lengthy posts in your sig links, most of what you post seems to consist of tripe like you've done so in this thread.

So brain of spam, notorious forum whore... they seem like pretty damn accurate descriptors.

You fail at the internet and life.

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                  That would mean too that the recent update took you around 1hr. and 20min. unless SE does what I suggested as a possible I don't see how that could be.
                  I got on later that night and got the patch in about 10 mins.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

i think this thread should be closed lol.

personally i think the graphic is good about 75/100
                    i am using a onboard motherboard graphic card which can be as sucky as anything u think of and i still getting nice graphic from ffxi.
                    I think they make it this way so that their graphic requirement is low and also boosting the highest possible graphic in game.

I am nowhere a ff fan as i only play ffxi and ff7. But i enjoy ffxi so much that i been playing for more then 2years and mind you we are paying to play and its worth every single cent ;p

Comment

I find zaptruder funny . he always makes me laugh^^( not to insult you Zap but you are a great guy ^^)

When SE gives up the sony ps2 ghost I expect by next ..no I predict by next fall FFXI WILL
                      look like this ^^.. I think SE is smart enough to know that by showing us a "could be" scenario, they plan to impliment a GRAND graphical update.
                      Also With SE's pention for great storytelling and style FFXI will be around for years to come.
                      No matter what zap says hehe.

No matter how good or bad FFXI looks... There will be some people who won't like FFXI no matter what. SO those folks can stay away.

I will say this .. FFXI is the only mmo i've known that causes such contraversy, people have really strong feelings about this game.
                      I find it fascinating to watch.. I'm very neutral but i do like to view both sides of a conflict^^.

It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                      それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                      Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                      A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Zaptruder makes us all laugh, but not in the sense that we're actually laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Manatra
                          Waiting for Vanguard?
                          no Mantara, Vanguard will aim at the more hardcore, he won't be waiting for that.

Comment

Hi Taz :p

I think its funny too; you even hint at criticising something people 'love' and you get all kinds of backlash.

Its fun though, arguing at a high level, then a low level (hurling cheap petty insults around). It's like fencing, parry thrust high, block low... haha.

That pic you posted is nice though. I'd personally prefer a second MMO from them with that kinda 'serious' but eclectic and just generally beautiful artstyle, which learns from the lessons of this one, and builds upon the good stuff in the game (teamwork, job/class switching on demand, good artstyle, relatively non-antagonistic interaction (PVP is good (dueling, ballista... group dueling), but forced/unprepared PVP isn't for everyone), well presented story line, etc).

Impaction: Drown yourself. It's for your own good, no, really.

Comment

Originally posted by tazirai
                              I will say this .. FFXI is the only mmo i've known that causes such contraversy, people have really strong feelings about this game.
                              word.

maybe that's why we all play this game. we all love it and hate it at the same time...

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                              Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                              I live to entertain!

Comment

Zaptruder is some sort of fortune cookie of insults. Somewhere there's an old chinese man typing up his insults and stuffing them into sugary cookies. Mock him a little bit and he'll open one up for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X