Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is true, can't spell ignorant without IGN, IGN shows their ignorance about FFXI

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: It is true, can't spell ignorant without IGN, IGN shows their ignorance about FFXI

FFXI is now available on one DVD, and afterwhich, the updates from that only take about 1 hour >.>
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

• Re: It is true, can't spell ignorant without IGN, IGN shows their ignorance about FFX

Originally posted by Manatra
      Eh? The first four discs of FFXI on the PC version only take about 10 minutes to install, same amount of time that it takes the 4 discs of WoW to install.

Maybe your computer just... hmm isn't up to speed? :p
      I'd seriously doubt that, Athlon64 X2 4200+, DFI nF4 Ultra-D, BFI 6800GT PCI-E, 2x Raptor 36gb in Raid0.

Comment

• Re: It is true, can't spell ignorant without IGN, IGN shows their ignorance about FFXI

he was reffering to all of those games installing in less than 40 mins, he didnt give a specific time for ffxi. just all of them took less than 40
        Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
        InuTrunks is just mad, because I ate his baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaptruder
          Here's what the developer has to say about X360...

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pa...=2&cId=3145765

Basically he's saying what I've said; they can't take full advantage of the X360, and it is a shame, and the reason is because of financial/feasibility reasons.
          In his perspective, that's understandable... but in the perspective of the X360 fan, it is very disappointing, to not have your brand new machine taken proper advantage of.
          To the developer then, the X360 is mainly a low cost high performance PC. A shame really.
          It was a shame Sony stopped supporting their HDD. It was also a shame that the Xbox didn't allow connections outside of their closed network. Their intent was for FFXI to be multiplatform, which was almost completely bungled by Microsoft and Sony. Some of us are PC gamers, and some of us are traditional console gamers. It's nice to think that maybe they're correcting their mistake of ever trusting Sony and their terribly buggy HDDs and allowing the console gamers to game reliably.

Comment

• Re: It is true, can't spell ignorant without IGN, IGN shows their ignorance about FFX

all I have to say is wait for the PS3 and REvolution to come out, then FFXI released on both (you know SE will because of their ideal plan) and once all three systens have been out for a bit, then they might do some graphic changes to the game.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea-D
              all I have to say is wait for the PS3 and REvolution to come out, then FFXI released on both (you know SE will because of their ideal plan) and once all three systens have been out for a bit, then they might do some graphic changes to the game.
              As Zaptruder hinted at they won't, to change the graphics in the game requires overhauling (replacing) the graphics engine, and redoing all of the art in the game at the same time. In other words, it'd be a much better investment on SEs part to do FFXI-2... which they've stated is in the early stages of development.
              Happy happy gogo Mana is full of

http://www.dawnlinkshell.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeffos
                FFXI looks like crap compared to Everquest 2 or WoW running on high-end PCs at high settings, I know cause I used to play both, so his complaint about graphics is valid.

FFXI does take a very long time to install and update, it takes twice as long to install and update than any other MMORPG I've ever played, and I've played pretty much all of them - I can probably Install/Update Everquest with all the 5 or so expansions it has faster than FFXI which only has 2 expansions, so that is also valid.

Many MMORRPGs I've played have improved User Interface throughout the game's life, infact in World Of Warcraft and EQ2 the UI has been tweaked and improved many, many times, the WoW UI today, is much better than the WoW UI of last year, but FFXI has the same UI today than it did 2 years ago... so that complaint is also valid.

I really don't see how any of what he's saying is ignorant, he has many valid points, you are the one that's ignorant.
                I know this was posted awhile back but what I don't understand is for someone to agree that these other games are better, why are you playing FFXI? And if your not playing then why are you posting on a FFXI website? I will agree with all the people here on saying that the presentation that is delivered with the story, battle system, etc. It is the best MMORPG that I have played and I played about all of them. {Cross-counters}{Do you have it?}

Just Be.

Comment

Working...
                X