This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superstrong mobs in low level areas

Was playing FF this morning and as a Level 8 warrior was attacking sheep, goblins, wasps etc. etc. on vomp hill in South Gustaberg. Its lucky I scan each mob before commiting an attack. i came accross a Carnero sheep which when scanned basically read unable to calculate. which bassically means its super super (etc.) tough for my level. what the hell is that doing on the first tier of Vomp hill in S Gustaberg, I attach a pic before it obliterated me with one hit.

Is this a bug or does this happen quite often, in the 2 months I've been playing the game I have never come across this. I attacked a nearby sheep at easy level and this "thing" linked with teh other and wiped me out, not impressed. has anyone got level stats for this and any explanation?

Re: Superstrong mobs in low level areas

Your Galka fails.

And yes...... it's a bug.

Comment

It's called a notorious monster. Notorious monsters are named versions of normal monsters that generally are much stronger and drop a really good item. In this case, Carnero is a level 11-12 sheep that spawns in place of Ornery Sheep in that area of Gusta about every 2 hours. If you had managed to kill it, it would have dropped a Katayama Ichimonji great katana.

For a more in-depth explanation, go here.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Thanks for that, looks like my Lvl 13 RDM will pay a visit to that point again and hopefully kick its ass!!, I didn't realise they have NM's for lower level players.

Double Post Edited:
        Originally posted by (Takemuke)
        Your Galka fails.
        And yes...... it's a bug.
        Picture was taken at Lvl 8 and solo, no chance against this one!!
        Last edited by Jarre; 12-11-2005, 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's a NM that drops a pretty nice Lv.10 Great Katana that's Rare/EX.

NMs are Notorous Monsters. Think of them as a Boss. They're the Boss of all the other mobs of that type in that area. They come out after you've wiped out so many of their kind, they come to investigate. And I'm pretty sure ALL NMs will link with their family type. As far as what level it is? Carnero is Lv.11-12 from what the link says.

I camped it for my SAM, after about 45 minutes, 4 stacks of Giant Sheep Meat, I killed it with 1 X-bow bolt, and a single Scythe swing I think. A Lv.12-15 WAR should be able to drop it pretty easy with TP.
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Working...
          X