This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Joke

When I first got FFXI well over a year ago I remember I had to download a fairly large patch, I just reinstalled FFXI and was expecting a huge patch, which I got. But heres my problem. My internet disconnects after 2 hours, and everytime it does disconnect a msg comes up saying 'update canceled' But it wants to check all the files again which takes over an 1 hour. So im only getting a few mins actually downloading.

Connection
    Checks files
    Downloads files
    Disconnect

Then it goes back to the start and it wants to check all the files again! Waste over an hour everytime.

Is there anyway to stop this problem?

Re: What A Joke

Yes.... just play Tetra Master.

Comment

Why does your internet connection break after every 2hours? Are you on dial up? If so, I have only one thing to say about that.

Get broadband.

I still don't understand why people are using dial up in this day in age when they have so many different options available to them and usually at discounted rates. Some areas in Canada get 5-10 mbps download rates for only $40 CDN a month. I wish we had better deals where I live.

Comment

No Im actually on 1mb connection on a wireless network, which i must say is not that stable and generally cuts out after an hour or so. But I manage to stop it disconnecting and heres what I did:

1. Change from 802.11g too 802.11b (this gives me further distance)

2. Control panel > Admin > Services > Disabled Wireless Zero Config option.

I dont think changing to 802.11b will makes much difference as the connection strength was excellent before. I found out that Windows XP SP1 causes your wireless connection to disconect after a while and the way to fix it is to disable wireless zero configuration.

edit: I live in the UK and you can get 8mb broadband for £9.95 a month ($22)

Comment

If you get disconnected, your download will have to recheck all the files and stuff, but the Downloading Files should start over. I know this cause the sudden d/cs have happend to me like every update till now.
          http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Originally posted by (Takemuke)
            And you've been trolling around here commenting on the lack of maturity and intellect on these boards?
            Bravo.

If it happens again alonzo it should start d/l'ing where it left off. It will have to check all the files and such but you shouldn't have to re-download any files. Thats what usually happens to me anyways. It's taken me like 8 tries to get one patch, but as long as I can finish the checking files every time, then eventually you'll finish with the patch. GL and hope it works this time.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
              Originally posted by (Takemuke)
              And you've been trolling around here commenting on the lack of maturity and intellect on these boards?
              Bravo.
              That was sarcasm.

If it happens again alonzo it should start d/l'ing where it left off. It will have to check all the files and such but you shouldn't have to re-download any files. Thats what usually happens to me anyways. It's taken me like 8 tries to get one patch, but as long as I can finish the checking files every time, then eventually you'll finish with the patch. GL and hope it works this time.
              Yea.. great tip. I wouldnt come up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetkitty
                Yea.. great tip. I wouldnt come up with that.
                Yeah, sorry, I wasnt sure if thats what you were saying or not. I thought you had said in your experience it made you re-download everything again. Sorry, not trying to step on toes.

EDIT: Really, it was an excuse to post the top portion of my message. I don't like just totally posting off-topic w/o throwing in something relevant.
                Last edited by Caspian; 12-02-2005, 04:01 PM.
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Yeah, sorry, I wasnt sure if thats what you were saying or not. I thought you had said in your experience it made you re-download everything again. Sorry, not trying to step on toes.
                  *repaints toe-nails* Ow well. It gives us Gil dont it.

Comment

They all float down here.

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by (Takemuke)

Bravo.
                      I see the Senior Members here easily mistake sarcasm for trolling. Maybe you should drive up your post count on www.Dictionary.com, it should help.

Oh and... Your Welcome... for the link.

Comment

Go by the DVD version and you'll have way less to d/l.
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

its ok, like I said i fixed the d/c problem, can leave my putter on all day and it doesnt d/c

im a lvl 5 warrior at the moment, but now I have work

Comment

Originally posted by alonzo
                            edit: I live in the UK and you can get 8mb broadband for £9.95 a month ($22)
                            From who? I'm paying almost double that for a 1MB connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                              Get broadband.
                              it just occurs to me that something like 1Mbps isn't really "broad"band any more... there r many bandwidth-hungry contents out on the web, and some of them even require the line of 3Mbps or faster. and it's definitely leaving those who live in the rural areas behind, whose only non-dial-up option is a satellite, which obviously doesn't have 3Mbps.

I still don't understand why people are using dial up in this day in age when they have so many different options available to them and usually at discounted rates.
                              u should realize that there r areas even within developed countries where "broadband" isn't available, and it's not a small number of ppl who r left behind, which possibly include some users on this forum, if not many.

Some areas in Canada get 5-10 mbps download rates for only $40 CDN a month. I wish we had better deals where I live.
                              come to Japan. u can get 100Mbps FTTH line (or maybe FTTP is more common term used there) from US$35/mon.

Comment

Working...
                              X