This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gil buying for the Holidays...

I don't like gilsellers, but a gift is a gift. And besides, its his money and he's free to waste it, but I'd feel bad if he bought me all that gil and I just throw it away. I would never buy gil myself, but I don't see an issue accepting it from someone else. Its his to give away.
    "In just refusing to retreat from something one gains the strength of two men" -Shungaku
    Sig by Tsuko~

Comment

Hmm, bought gil? It's the thought that counts.... right? lol
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

If you accept the gil then you can play at the next level. Who wouldn't want that?

Comment

Originally posted by (Takemuke)
          If you accept the gil then you can play at the next level. Who wouldn't want that?
          haha @ IGE slogans

Originally posted by SevIfrit
          we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

Giving Gil As A Gift Seems A Little...Weak...I Always Like Doing Something Special Like PLing All The Lower LVs I Can Find In LS, Or Just Around. Or Better Yet Send A Rare Item Or Two To Your RL Friends. Giving Gil Is Like Giving Money To Your Friends (Plus Only Grandma's & Grandpa's Give You Money For X-Mas).

Be Creative Give A Gift & Not Cash (Gil)

*If I Did Get Gil Bought Or Not Bought I Would Use It For More Stuff For Friends*

Comment

sorry, i'd accept it. i'd probably blow it in 12 minutes, but i'd accept.
              knowing me, though, i'd end up blowing a lot of it on junk, like a kingdom aketon or something...

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
              Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
              I live to entertain!

Comment

Originally posted by theduckdogz
                Giving Gil As A Gift Seems A Little...Weak...I Always Like Doing Something Special Like PLing All The Lower LVs I Can Find In LS, Or Just Around. Or Better Yet Send A Rare Item Or Two To Your RL Friends. Giving Gil Is Like Giving Money To Your Friends (Plus Only Grandma's & Grandpa's Give You Money For X-Mas).

Be Creative Give A Gift & Not Cash (Gil)

*If I Did Get Gil Bought Or Not Bought I Would Use It For More Stuff For Friends*
                Not everybody cares to be given some useless gift they can't use (regardless of how someone may or may not of "fought" for it), which makes even a gift card useless. I for one don't accept anything but cash and perhaps gift cards IF it's to Gamestop or Best Buy. (But I don't celebrate Christmas anyhow, anymore.)

Anyhow...

Would I accept gil? You bet I would. Making gil can be hard as it is, and getting armor is hard also. Accepting gil is like accepting help anywhere else in life. (Albeit, FFXI is not one's life.)

Comment

I admit that I would probably accept the gift also. I know it's not good to support gilsellers and buyers but I didn't do the buying. That would be something that my friend should worry about. But I wouldn't drop the gift and I would spend it wisely.
                  You kill one man, your a murderer
                  Kill many and your a conquerer
                  Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

iI would say to just share it with new players and friend,when i started to play some 1 gave me 300k for absolutly nothing i dint even knew him,on that 300k i ended to ony use 80k for myself and shared the rest to many ppls i dint knew etheir.

Comment

Originally posted by theduckdogz
                      Giving Gil As A Gift Seems A Little...Weak.
                      There are lots of weak gifts out there, but most of the time they're the best gifts for people who don't know exactly what you want... If however, a friend of yours knew you really wanted a Woodsman Ring and you were trying to save up but knew it would be a long time before you had enough. Would it still be weak for them to buy gil to get it for you? If its the thought that counts, then I'd say they're being very thoughtful and giving in that gesture.

It may not be right to buy gil to give a gift, but there's nothing wrong with someone showing their appreciating to others by buying it and giving it away in one form or another. I'd say the good deed outweighs the bad here.

After all, this is a situation that crops up irl... If you were too poor to get a gift for someone important to you, what would you do to get it for them? Surely you'd accept more options than either giving up or working yourself to death.

65 WAR TP WS - 62 THF TP WS - 55 RNG - 41 SAM - 37 DRK - 37 MNK - 37 NIN - 27 RDM - 18 BLM - 18 DRG

Comment

No, return the gil to the person and then KILL THEM IN THE FACE, and laugh at them
                        I chose this option.

Comment

wow... a lotta people seem to be saying they'd accept it...

scary...

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                          Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                          I live to entertain!

Comment

registraion

iam really sorry to ask u all but i just registerd on playonline comunity site. and it said the aplication will come on your email and i have waited for two days then i tried it on my other email and it still didnt work maybe some one nos wuts my problem plz help me ty

Comment

Re: registraion

Originally posted by mathias22
                              iam really sorry to ask u all but i just registerd on playonline comunity site. and it said the aplication will come on your email and i have waited for two days then i tried it on my other email and it still didnt work maybe some one nos wuts my problem plz help me ty
                              Maybe you should try making a new thread to ask.... o.O

65 WAR TP WS - 62 THF TP WS - 55 RNG - 41 SAM - 37 DRK - 37 MNK - 37 NIN - 27 RDM - 18 BLM - 18 DRG

Comment

id accept it

Comment

Working...
                                X