This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gil buying for the Holidays...

If all of a sudden you received 2 million gil from someone in your Linkshell, and you were fairly certain that they don't have that much gil, as well as everyone in your Linkshell receiving the same amount, the most obvious conclusion would be that they purchased gil to send to everyone.

The only thing that they said about that was, "Merry Christmas! Enjoy!" or "Happy Holidays! Enjoy!"...

Would you.. Accept the gil or not? Knowing very well that it was bought...

Edit: Changed to 2 million since that's the minimum for gil purchase via IGE.
    Yes, accept the gil knowing fully that the person bought it with real money.
    68.90%
    No, return the gil to the person and say that you cannot accept that gil.
    17.32%
    Drop the gil and remove it from the economy but telling the person Thank you for the gil.
    13.78%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Omniblast; 12-06-2005, 11:27 AM.
    Hacked on 9/9/09
    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Re: Gil buying for the Holidays...

I'd accept it. Its a nice jesture on their behalf.

Comment

What I don't know can't hurt me.... right?

Comment

well, you really can't "know fully" if they don't admit it.

regardless of the aparrent wealth of the person. it could be that they got "x" amount from somone leaving the game and wanted to share it since it was this season and not anyother time of the year when they'd keep it for themself.

I was part of 1 ls where only one person knew that i kept my accout on FFXI while i was playing WoW so they gave me some items, if everyone else wasn't in denial that I didn't completely leave FFXI like them i could have gotten over 30M gil.

ls leader: if i knew you were still playing...
        me: i told you i was, i just needed a break... /sigh
        Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
        G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
        San Doria Rank 6
        ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Can you even Drop gil sent to you in your /deliverybox?
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

if you really feel like getting rid of gil from the economy you can send it to a character anddelete that character... probobly can drop gil that comes in your box just thats a kind of thing you never really check for to do ^^
            Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
            InuTrunks is just mad, because I ate his baby.

Comment

I mean I've never actually tried to drop gil sent to me. I mean I need all the gear I can get my hands on. But I have noticed that if gil is sent to you from the AH, you can't drop that. I'll have to remember to check the next time a LS member sends me gil.
              Odude
              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Sorry, I made the asumption that gil that is sent from person to person is a type of transaction like sending a item. You cannot accept gil if your inventory is full, so in a sense it acts like a item that is seperate from your inventory, however like such an item it can be dropped and returned.

I have not voted personally for myself yet, I am eager to see the results, however I didn't want a [null] vote to be counted for me either :\
                Hacked on 9/9/09
                FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Omni, here's the thing.

There's many ways someone could get a large amount of gil in-game where he/she had not previously. Unless you know this person inside and out (By that, I mean that he's an acquaintance in real life) you cannot assume anything based on what little you have to go on. Suspicion and rumors are just that and unfortunately, in this game, either you play this game with paranoia 24/7 or you have to give the benefit of doubt.

If you want my opinion on how such a large amount of gil can still be integrated into the economy without rocking the boat, then spend it wisely. There is a big difference between buying something 50%+ more than the normal history suggests with the gil or using the gil to slowly build up skill in some craft.

In either event, if you really want to do "your part" you could tactfully ask the person where this new found wealth came from and if he/she did buy gil, show your appreciation for the consideration but also inform him/her of your opinion on what or why you think that was bad judgement on his/her part.

Comment

Even if they did buy it, it isn't like the gilsellers CREATE gil. They just traffic it. The gil was already in the game, and someone bought their item that they sold, and they have that gil. Now they give that gil to someone else for irl currency. So there's no reason to dump it unless you just want to take gil out of the economy, which then you might as well just dump all the gil you currently have.
                    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus
                      The gil was already in the game...
                      Not unless they fish bot and NPC the catches. Then the gil was not yet made existent until the moment those fish botters "traded" to the NPC and in return, got gil "made."

Comment

if I know for sure it's bought, i'll return it. I want no relations with gil buyers.
                        if I drop it, the person might assume I accept it. So returning is more clear what my stance is.

in the other hand, I could use a kraken club or two...
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Gil given to me is somehow wasted on some crap. Dropping it wouldn't be a bad idea, however I would accept the gift. 1 mil is a lot different from like... 10 mil. If it was like 10 mil, I'd probably only keep 5% and drop the rest. 1 mil, I'd keep the whole thing. He already bought the gil and throwing it away wouldn't help

Comment

NEW SNIPER RING wooo, >.> i mean i would drop it of course! ( /poke {Money}) nvm its real.. NEW SNIPER RING wooo!!!
                            Never fear Death... simply become it...
                            http://www.insomniel.com/quizzes/dragoon.html <-- ME!

Artist: Blue Oyster Cult Lyrics
                            Song: (Don't Fear) The Reaper Lyrics
                            All our times have come
                            Here but now they're gone
                            Seasons don't fear the reaper
                            Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
                            Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
                            Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
                            We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
                            Baby I'm your man...

Comment

my reply is ... "you can keep your blood money you hooligans"! and I'll send it back, I strongly disaprove of gil buying, I farm for what I have, and someone using real money to buy ingame items is just friggin sad, I work for what I have, in game and in real life.
                              Oh look at me! I just bought a BMW M3, oh shoot I wrecked it cuz I can't drive worth sh**!
                              you know what I'm getting at.

Comment

Working...
                              X