Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying gil 'correct' in FFXI player's mind? WTH?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying gil 'correct' in FFXI player's mind? WTH?!

Please tell me I am not seeing things. A FFXI player who seems to think she can justify that gilsellers are allowed to do what they do, and that she is allowed to buy their gil with real money?

*link removed as we've had enough discussion to go on*

These are some forums that I visit occasionally, and this saddens me. Please tell me what you guys think and what I should actually say to her...?

I would really like to know everyone's opinions. So many people say they hate gilsellers and buyers, but from what I've been told as I'm getting to Lv.70 soon, is that nearly everyone buys gil now. Is this true?
    Last edited by Rostum; 11-23-2005, 04:55 PM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Re: Buying gil 'correct' in FFXI player's mind? WTH?!

I haven't bought gil. But, whether I have or haven't doesn't mean anything; wanted to assure you there were some who work their tails off in the fields! @_@ But anyhow... I see no real reason in hating them. They're doing what they need to, so that they can earn a little cash on the side. 'Sides, it's nothing new, every MMORPG pretty much has a system so that people can buy and obtain. Those you buy or sell, just let them be, they'll get their just desserts.

Fishy

There once was fish,

Whom made a perfect dish

To a giant fish.

The giant fish was caught,

By a Mithra which sought

To fill her hunger.

The Mithra was slayed,

By a monster whom would raid

The land.

What have we learned?

Comment

I would really like to know everyone's opinions. So many people say they hate gilsellers and buyers, but from what I've been told as I'm getting to Lv.70 soon, is that nearly everyone buys gil now. Is this true?
      I am sure quite a few do buy gil, seeing as it takes no brain power to get your gil that way. Unfortunately there are tons of people playing FFXI who would rather have someone else do everything/hold thier hand to succeed in the game.

BTW Khaotic is on Midgardsormr ,correct?

Hori retreated from battle. What a coward.
      Hori
      San d'Oria
      RDM/BLM/WHM
      (´ ゜ω゜`)
      Don't like to haste our precious NIN tank? You're not RDM, then. -Apple Pie/Grendal

Comment

Khaotics logic does not make sense.
        noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

eh i dunno the hole buying gil sometimes makes sense and other times it doesn't i know i was farming for my haubergergon for like 3 weeks strait and i almost said screw it i'm gunna just buy the gil .... but then i decided to level without it for a while ... but i did get really agrevated ... and i'm sure if someone else tried what i did ... and they had extra cash they wouldn't give it a second thot ... it would be like getting a game for ps2 for them or like buying an expansion pack more likely ... so i could see why people might ... i still don't think its the right thing to do tho

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

The only reason I'm against people buying gil is because they make it harder for those of us who actually farm to make our own money to purchase items we need at reasonable prices. I mean even the very basic stuff like a Robe goes for like 1k in the auction house. I feel bad for those new characters that don't buy gil and don't know that you can buy that from a NPC for like 100gil. Oh well, I'll stop my rant right there...

Comment

I know a lot of people who buy gil. They usually are not the skilled group of players tho. A lot of them seem to have bad attitude to begin with. Some of a few experience I had with gilbuyers... These people admit they buy gil and there are screenshots taken, not by me.

- whm refusing to cure PLD because PLD ate boiled crab and not tavnazian taco... mind you it's a level 12 PT. the WHM even brag about how he ate tav taco for HP while soloing.

- 75mnk who didn't know what a mog house is. I tried to teach him, he said "basics are for low lvl char, im 75 i don't need to know" or something along that line. i bet he bought his account.

- a ninja who switched LS around yelling for help with O-hat, no one respond for a while and he start yelling how unfriendly we are and move on to the next LS... he also went AFK for at least 20 minutes in every Dynamis we go to.

And a lot more. Some actually aren't bad, but for some reason I can never make good friend with them, nor do I feel like I want to.

fun fun

My regular thai LS, I'm pretty sure none of us buy gil. We all know each other RL now and the price of gil in USD is not appealing for thai currency at all. These people has good skills, good attitude, very friendly and are all struggling to make gil lol
              Last edited by Jei; 11-22-2005, 06:01 PM.
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Hori
                BTW Khaotic is on Midgardsormr ,correct?
                Yeah, she actually gave up DRK after level 40, changed character name and power leveled her BRD to an extremely high levels.

I honestly don't get why you'd move to quickly through a MMORPG. Being high level and the best of the best, isn't that great.

Originally posted by Hori
                - whm refusing to cure PLD because PLD ate boiled crab and not tavnazian taco... mind you it's a level 12 PT. the WHM even brag about how he ate tav taco for HP while soloing.

- 75mnk who didn't know what a mog house is. I tried to teach him, he said "basics are for low lvl char, im 75 i don't need to know" or something along that line. i bet he bought his account.

- a ninja who switched LS around yelling for help with O-hat, no one respond for a while and he start yelling how unfriendly we are and move on to the next LS... he also went AFK for at least 20 minutes in every Dynamis we go to.
                Oh god. ; ; That's terrible. ; ;

Yeah, I know not all gilsellers / buyers are evil people. But I know I've come across a fair few of them that are complete and utter assholes. I don't really think I should have to accept assholes like these when I pay a monthly fee for the service. =\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

I ran into someone who bought an account with a high level smn. This person refused to smn any avatars or cure anyone. All he wanted to do is enfeeble then melee >.<;

Comment

I dont know what to say about the 75 mnk story, Jei. I'd heard you tell that story before. My reaction now is just the same as then. Is it funny or sad? Part of its just hilarious, he's surely to be banned from any hnmls. On the other hand, some unlucky party is going to merit with him or end up doing something and they're going to take it in the behind b/c he has no clue what he's doing.
                    Why would you even buy a char for a game you've never played? What if you hate it? Seems like a really crappy investment in my opinion.
                    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Meh, I've already made my opinion on RMT known on the forum and upset a fair share of the gilbuyers/idiots. So I'll keep it simple:

Gilbuying is fucking retarded.

Comment

There's much hate towards the issue of gilsellers, but... Think about it. Say you have a friend he deals out homework for money (stupid comparison, I know.), well, would you cut off all communication with this person? or would you simply just try to show him a differnet direction? OR let him be and allow the friendship to carry on? 'Sides, we all do what we need to in order to survive or gain a little extra.

Perfectly understandable if you hate the gilsellers/buyers. But do remember, they're exactly like everyone else. For once, how 'bout not saying you hate something/someone out of the blue. Sure they make evrything harder for everyone else, but we can live with them. Just being around them won't kill you.

Don't hate anything 'til you actually got the story on the person. Never sentence 'til the trial is had! (^-^)/

Fishy

There once was fish,

Whom made a perfect dish

To a giant fish.

By a Mithra which sought

To fill her hunger.

The Mithra was slayed,

The land.

What have we learned?

Comment

Originally posted by Reincarnation
                          There's much hate towards the issue of gilsellers, but... Think about it. Say you have a friend he deals out homework for money (stupid comparison, I know.), well, would you cut off all communication with this person? or would you simply just try to show him a differnet direction? OR let him be and allow the friendship to carry on? 'Sides, we all do what we need to in order to survive or gain a little extra.
                          That example doesn't draw a comparison to RMT...at all.

Comment

Is there any real reason to hate gilsellers? I mean, I don't think they're so bad! ^0^ Sure, economy has become screwed up, but 'sides that... Nothing too bad! >w<

Fishy

There once was fish,

Whom made a perfect dish

To a giant fish.

By a Mithra which sought

To fill her hunger.

The Mithra was slayed,

The land.

What have we learned?

Comment

Wow...IGE is really lucky to have such loyal customers.

Comment

Working...
                              X