This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IME Glitch

I have the NA version of final fantasy. Earlier tonight I was talking to my friend in my garuda party, but I noticed something odd about the screen, something was off. I noticed the IME system from the JP ffxi was on my text input bar, I couldn't get it to show up after, but now I'm starting to think it might be possible to type japanese on the NA version of ffxi without the windower, or perhaps they're planning on adding it in an update later.

Re: IME Glitch

Your install might be corrupted or need to check up on your registry. I have both JP and NA client and have not seen that myself. It could also be that your IME was installed improperly or that a recent update to your Windows changed something.

But no, IME will not work with NA client, simply because of the way the clients were designed from the ground up. One clue is looking up your available unicode in the NA client. You'll notice a very limited list in which you aren't able to expand.

Comment

I think if you press ctrl+alt+r+spacebar it'll pop up sometimes.
      Plastik's Blog

Comment

you can see mog where they're not supposed to be. why not the IME bars
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I've seen it pop up a couple times. It's just a glitch, I think. I'm pretty sure it's in all of our games and just needs to be enabled seeing as W has a plugin to let NA people use it.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
          Personality Tests

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
            you can see mog where they're not supposed to be. why not the IME bars
            I thought they patched that. Oh wait, do you mean that hack which StarvingArtist posted about (The mog in promy area was really cute ;3 )

Comment

Yeah the keypress is CTRL+R+Spacebar. I felt so smart when i discovered it, hoping that I would be able to type in Japanese ^^

Sadly there is no way you can access it. It's just there for you to stare at when you hit that certain button combination.

Comment

yea i have noticed this too. the IME icons at the bottom right do show up. i never knew what i did to get them to show up, but i also see them there at times.
                Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Yeah, all the coding is there in the NA version. Just like someone said it just isn't activated. If you've been reading the posts you'll even notice that the JP version has the english equivalent of just about every control and item in the game, just switch the right two files and the JP version can be converted to display English without the NA version installed.

All of that is in there, just the game doesn't give option to switch to that. Iirc someone had stated something about the NA version also having the files to switch out to make it display most of what the JP version displays. So for the IME functions in the NA it might just be a matter of find the right file, dll, or something and giving it the right name for the game to find.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Happens all the time and I still get mogs in the middle of jeuno that I can Change Jobs/DeleveryBox/MogSafe at lol
                    75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                    Woodworking 91.9+2
                    ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

With the windower can you paste japanese or whatever onto the bar itself? O_o

Comment

Originally posted by lionx
                        With the windower can you paste japanese or whatever onto the bar itself? O_o
                        No. But I know of a program that allows this. I think it's somewhere on the windower site. Not sure I've never used it.

Comment

SE has IME disabled in the NA client for whatever reason. Its there, just disabled. That's why with Windower people can type in IME.
                          Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                          Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                          Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                          Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                          Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Working...
                          X