This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Starting town to choose....

Just started the game, i've heard you choose a town to start off in...

Does it matter which one you choose? if so whats the best town, or whats each town good for?

Re: Which Starting town to choose....

any race can start in any City...but if you want the starting ring then you need to....

Hume/Galka = Bastok
    Elvaan = Sandoria
    Tarutaru/Mithra = Windurst

also Galka are male only and Mithra are Female only, and the starting rings are nice but not the best in the world :p

basicly just choose a city that you like out of the three, it really does not matter.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

As far as getting the rings, they are rank 3 cp items. You can get them if you are rank 3 and above and your nation is #1 in tally.

Title: Sergeant Major
      SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
      Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
      Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
      Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

The best thing is to pick a city that you like, looks cool, or what you want to craft. Sandoria is in a forest, and so you can harvest lumber if you want, and is home of Woodworking and Leathercraft. Windurst has plains around it, and you can harvest cloth and other things and has the Fishing, Cooking, Clothcraft and Boneworking guilds. Bastok is more of a barren mining land which has Alchemy, Smithing and Goldsmithing.
        Kuno's super cool stats!
        Server - Bahamut | Nationality - San d'Orian | Rank - 9 | Jobs - 75 BLM/74 SMN

Crafts-
        Fishing 100+ - Woodworking 80 - Cooking 35
        Lushang's: Ok!

Comment

The best rule of thumb to go by is that Sandy is better than the rest of 'em!

I'm just kidding... sort of. In the long run, your home city doesn't matter at all. You'll be in Jeuno most of the time, and you can always change nationalities. I chose Sandy because, in beta, I thought it was the best looking city. I liked the surrounding area better than Bastok's barren Gustaberg, and Windurst just seems too big (even with the teleport tarus).

Comment

Bastok partcipates in a better chunk of the actual storyline from Ranks 4-6, so it felt cool to be Bastokan when getting to that part of the story.

Also it kicks ass. It's the easiest to memorize, layout-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Xhaztol
              Bastok partcipates in a better chunk of the actual storyline from Ranks 4-6, so it felt cool to be Bastokan when getting to that part of the story.

Also it kicks ass. It's the easiest to memorize, layout-wise.
              Are you kidding? From Rank 3 to Rank 5 every nation sends you on the same assignments. Rank 6 is where thtey start to seperate and concentrate more on their own affairs. Rank 1-2 is just busy work until you're a competant level.

I chose San d'Oria because it isn't an uglyfest like Bastok, or too large like Windurst. It's a chivalrous town filled with honor. The surrounding areas are also relatively calming and easy on the eyes. East and West Ronfaure, Ghelsba Outpost, it's all so creative.

If you plan on become a Dragoon or Paladin you'll want to start in San d'Oria for the additional storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
                Are you kidding? From Rank 3 to Rank 5 every nation sends you on the same assignments. Rank 6 is where thtey start to seperate and concentrate more on their own affairs. Rank 1-2 is just busy work until you're a competant level.
                No no no. I'm talking about the storyline. Most of the important characters in the storyline are Bastokan heroes and NPCs, and well, I'm not going to spoil anything, but yeah. That's what I meant. I didn't mean the Bastok portion of those ranks gave you more to do, I'm speaking merely in cutscenes and events. Cid, Zeid, Volker, Ulrich, Cornelia, Raogrimm. All Bastokan. :D

Comment

Yea, if you call enslaved Galkas Bastokan. :|

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
                    Yea, if you call enslaved Galkas Bastokan. :|
                    Zing. Good one. :| I don't agree with the slavery issue, either. Being a Tarutaru Bastokan, and all..

Comment

San d'Oria is pretty good.
                      The only confusing part of the entire city is the Pikeman's Way area ( I think that is it; it's the area with the Paladin quest in South San d'Oria ). It's actually supposed to be like that, anyway.

There's a motherload of quests to do as a low level ( which will make a name for yourself in both gil-wise and fame-wise) and the starting quests are farily easy ( Not as easy as Bastok; but far less hard than Windurst ). I got at least 20-25 quests done before Lv.18. It's also a beautiful place if you enjoy a sophisticated setting. There is also a nice area near the city, named King Ranperre's Tomb. This place is great to solo from 10-12 or 13; because you do NOT want to party at those levels; because a good party at that range is impossible to find. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise, they're just speaking from first-hand experience that comes once in a few million years.

Bastok is also good. Not as many low level quests, but pretty similiar to San d'Oria...except for the setting.

Windurst, on the other hand is a bit different. I found it hard going from 8-10 to 11. There also isn't alot of quests compared to Bastok or San d'Oria for a newbie, and the missions are hard. The town is also confusing as hell to a new player (check your map often, ya dig? ). But Sarutabaruta is the coolest area ever

Comment

Working...
                      X