Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of quitting WoW for FFXI....should i?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking of quitting WoW for FFXI....should i?

Everyone pretty much summed it up I guess.. It's a great game that pulls you in and haunts your dreams.. Trust me.
    A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle,but by the size of his heart.

LEEEEROOOOY!!!

Comment

[I]Got it in one ^^

But yeah, I just quit WoW as said, so maybe we can meet ingame! Good luck to ya.

Comment

Ill be gald to to party with you when I get back in game.. IF i get back in game.
        A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle,but by the size of his heart.

LEEEEROOOOY!!!

Comment

Cool ^^

Can't remeber if I have said this before, as my IE has wacked out >.<

But, I SHOULD be getting it back online first thing tomorrow,m but am out untill around 5 GMT, otherwise I'll be back on first thing friday ^^

Will party with you too when you get on Draemus, just tell me which world you get on to, as I'm gnna make two chars

Comment

One thing Draemus to remember, in this game, everything doesn't happen at endgame, rather everything starts flowing very nicely once you hit level 30.

My advice bro, don't give up, the main story picks up with the mission that gives you rank 3, until then, have fun leveling and looking at all the cool effects this game gives off. If you ever land on the Midgardsormr server, look me up, I'll be glad to lend any assistance to you when I can.

Also to see how original this game can be, and if you don't mind spoilers, check out my journal on this site. The links in my signature. Hopefully you'll get an understanding at just how original an MMO can be. No other MMO takes you beyond places you can't even imagine. Moon in Everquest, pfft, just wait til you see some of the places this game takes you in time. Again my journal has spoilers, particularly in way of the last boss for FFXI, and the last bosses for its current two expansion packs.

Good luck to you whatever server you land on, if it happens to be Midgardsormr, you have the back of one RDM. Just look me up.

<--- I'm cursed
            READ MY JOURNAL ON THIS WEBSITE!
            http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/jou...owjournal&j=18

Comment

FFXI was my first MMO and I've been back and forth between that and WoW. I had a lvl 58 Pally in WoW and a bunch of mid 30 alts and it's just not nearly as rewarding as this game. It's faster, of course, but on all my characters, I got SICK of the solo grind. The game puts TOO much emphasis on solo play, imo. The fastest way to level up is solo grinding. You can't run dungeons all the time because they aren't good for every level and the lvl 56+ ones are usually done in raids, nerfing exp. I still remember the feeling I got when I was playing on my first character. I was a lvl 29 Thief and in Yhator Jungle...Mandies took us at least 2 minutes to kill but when we did it felt like a massive accomplishment. 2 minutes is basically the equivalent of a boss fight in WoW. Raid bosses can take from 5 minutes to 30 minutes, of course, but the killing of even regular mobs in FFXI is much more rewarding. And pvp gets old because of the class balance. The game was designed for group pvp, I know and the classes are very well balanced in that case, but the only place you can do true small group pvp is usually deserted because it actually requires effort to get the rewards out of it. Your only option is zerg zerg zerg. Leaving healing classes at a disadvantage because you can't heal fast enough when you're overrun. I say do pvp right or don't do it at all. That's why I want to come back to FFXI. Also, the group dynamics in WoW seemed so out of whack and nothing seemed significant. It's the significance of everything in FFXI that makes it so much fun. Of course, the first 10-12 levels are pain, nothing but pain, days of burning hot PAIN, but once you get past that, it's smooth sailing in groups, making you truly feel useful unless you're one of the DD classes, then you're just expendable to a point. Also, FFXI actually has a buffer class (Bard) and I'm a person who LOVES buffing for some reason so that's another thing that's drawn me back. Also, WoW was way too frantic at times. Some would call it fast paced, I called it confusion. I had a hard time making sure I always hit the right hotbar keys since they were all single button keybinds so it screws a lot of things up. Another thing is, in WoW, the community on high population, pvp servers, is atrocious. There's a lot of good people, but more bad than good, I think. (AKA Serial Gankers, corpse campers, ninja looters, scammers, the list goes on) FFXI is a much better choice if you actually want to enjoy the gaming experience and not just the rewards you get from it.

Kibo (Asura): RDM 6 ::cwy::

Comment

*sniff* that was beutiful Kibo

Take The quiz yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X