Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsafe Onboard. Do You Think Could SE Could Change The Situation?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unsafe Onboard. Do You Think Could SE Could Change The Situation?

http://www.kydance.net/seahorror.zip

Lots of people have probably seen this video, but for those who haven't it's of a level 67 Dragoon/White Mage soloing Sea Horror. He levels up at the end too. Required him to use 2 hour and Yagudo Drink at the end, but still mighty impressive for his level.

And yes, I know that Seyonne doesn't sounds like a male name, but the model is definately Elvaan Male in the video.

Avatar picture obtained from NamcoXCapcom Subarashiki Shin Sekai Community http://www.livejournal.com/community/namcoxcapcom/

Comment

Don't let those sneaks run out, If it does..HIDE...FAST...
      My little lvl 20 warr got aggro from the NM just a sneak wore off
      /em "Stands His ground"
      just as a warrior should
      all i could think was " Home point, Here I come"
      S E should tone down some of the baddies on that ship
      A Warrior's place is not to die,

But to allow others to live.....

Comment

The ironic thing is that when there are lvl 75s riding on the ship specifically looking for Sea Horror or pirates, they never pop. Then, they say that SE should "tone up" some of the baddies. ^^

Go figure. d:

Seriously though, this becomes a non-issue for most players eventually unless they become involved heavily with fishing. I think I've only ridden that ship once this year.

Title: Sergeant Major
        SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
        Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
        Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
        Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Even for those of us who are hardcore fishermen, the Sea Horror isn't all that common. He shows up maybe once every 5-10 trips and either everyone tiptoes around him with sneak (boring), someone kills him (fun to watch, win or lose), or he goes on a rampage because someone panics and drags him all over the boat (best entertainment money can buy).

Also note that the Sea Horror isn't the only major danger on the ferry anymore. There are 2 Pirate NMs which are as tough, if not tougher that can spawn during pirate attacks, named Blackbeard and Silver Hook. Players should take extra precautions during pirate attacks unless you're prepared to meet these NMs.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
            Also note that the Sea Horror isn't the only major danger on the ferry anymore. There are 2 Pirate NMs which are as tough, if not tougher that can spawn during pirate attacks, named Blackbeard and Silver Hook. Players should take extra precautions during pirate attacks unless you're prepared to meet these NMs.

Icemage
            Woah. when were they added? I just looked them up on somepage.

Title: Sergeant Major
            SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
            Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
            Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
            Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Originally posted by fastcart
              Woah. when were they added? I just looked them up on somepage.
              They were added in the last major update.

Icemage

Comment

Are they really that tough? I was under the impression that they were soloable by a WHM75.

Comment

I'm sure everyones had their fair share of Sea horrow encounters, this was one with my friend, that i happened to capture.

We are in the captains quarter, while we watch the Sea horrow lurk on the deck.

[img=http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5052/image4094qh.th.jpg]

We thought we were safe inside until...

[img=http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5595/image4102za.th.jpg]

It came in, ignored me, killed my friend, then went back outside. He was soo pissed, ahhhh.
                  Kujata server:

Reneki: Elvann/Male

DRK lv 60/ Mnk lv32/ War lv28
                  Thf lv30/ Whm lv28/ SAM lv21

Elias: Taru/Male
                  Rdm lv11

Comment

Just don't go outside and you won't get aggro.

And no mobs will aggro the instant it pops. There's about a 3 second delay before it aggros, so if you must go outside then pay attention.

And Elias, I kind of find it funny that in those pictures you blacked out the names in the chat log, but you didn't for the party member list or the names over character heads.
                    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Feenicks
                      Are they really that tough? I was under the impression that they were soloable by a WHM75.
                      I haven't fought them, but from talking with people who have, it doesn't seem like a WHM75 could take them down without running out of time. Duo or trio, yes. Solo? Probably not.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus
                        Just don't go outside and you won't get aggro.

And no mobs will aggro the instant it pops. There's about a 3 second delay before it aggros, so if you must go outside then pay attention.

And Elias, I kind of find it funny that in those pictures you blacked out the names in the chat log, but you didn't for the party member list or the names over character heads.
                        Well, in that second pic, i blacked it out becuase my friend said something slighty inappropiate but he doesn't care if i black his name out or not. so i kinda did it roughly...and you still get aggro inside, which is what happpened to us(him). Unless you mean inside as in below deck inside
                        Kujata server:

Reneki: Elvann/Male

DRK lv 60/ Mnk lv32/ War lv28
                        Thf lv30/ Whm lv28/ SAM lv21

Elias: Taru/Male
                        Rdm lv11

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                          I haven't fought them, but from talking with people who have, it doesn't seem like a WHM75 could take them down without running out of time. Duo or trio, yes. Solo? Probably not.

Icemage
                          I've personally seen a WHM solo them quite easily actually...had plenty of time left when he was done. Of course its always safer/faster to do it in groups, but sometimes you just can't get people to camp a boring boat ride with you for hours on end unless they're a fisher.

Gotta love Manaburn parties

Comment

Originally posted by elias
                            I'm sure everyones had their fair share of Sea horrow encounters, this was one with my friend, that i happened to capture.

We are in the captains quarter, while we watch the Sea horrow lurk on the deck.

[img=http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5052/image4094qh.th.jpg]

We thought we were safe inside until...

[img=http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5595/image4102za.th.jpg]

It came in, ignored me, killed my friend, then went back outside. He was soo pissed, ahhhh.
                            LOL I feel your pain! Exact same thing happened to me....

Oh look a Sea Horror!
                            /em checks the Sea Horror
                            OMG it says impossible to gauge...isn't that like a big boss monster?
                            /em watches the Sea Horror move closer
                            God I'm glad I'm up here. If someone comes up from down below they better be careful!
                            /em takes a bunch of screenshots
                            *the Sea Horror starts coming closer*
                            /em takes even better screenshots
                            OMG AHHHHHHH!!
                            /em is dead
                            Well I did get some good screenshots...
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The first time I saw the horrow spawn was when I was a 25 thf. Not only did the Sea horror spawn, but pirates attacked and the phantom was flying around too. Needless to say that ship was full of bodies within 10 minutes. After the ride all the dead people were just chucked on the shore in a big pile. It was damn funny >_>

Died twice that trip actually <_<
                              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
                                they're not WHMs. if you look closely, they are using the summon animation. they are actually summoning the skeletons that fight you on the boat!

Anyway, I love all the stuff that can happen on the boat.

Ahhh..... I see! Well, at the time, just by peering at them from some distance away, they all looked exactly the same as my character, and I thought there may just be some odd and clever trickery where each player that sees them, they would be an exact copy of whoever is looking at them. (if you see what I mean) I guess I just got confused with the situation, and since it was the first time I saw this, I just thought that what I had seen in my mind, was exactly that.

But hey, those pirates looked very cool I thought. (I wonder what LvL they are though)

Reading your post, I presume that what I thought were WHMs, am I now correct in saying that they were SMNs instead? (and EVIL ones at that! *snicker*)

*Aye aye cap'n* and.... *Shiver me timbers* as they say on Pirate Island. Heh heh.

Double Post Edited:
                                Originally posted by Muu Yi
                                http://www.kydance.net/seahorror.zip

Lots of people have probably seen this video, but for those who haven't it's of a level 67 Dragoon/White Mage soloing Sea Horror. He levels up at the end too. Required him to use 2 hour and Yagudo Drink at the end, but still mighty impressive for his level.

And yes, I know that Seyonne doesn't sounds like a male name, but the model is definately Elvaan Male in the video.

WOW! Cool video clip. It's quite a rare occasion for me to see something like this too, because I realise that lots of people must have sent in, and posted their FFXl video clips on here over the years. Though I don't really spend my days trawling through them all, as it would just take forever, but I bet there has been some really good moments on there, from players re-living their greatest moments in Vana 'diel.

Back to that clip.....
                                It seemed to take this player forever to kill that giant monster. (I'm rather surprised that the ship hadn't reached its destination before he killed it)
                                At one point I thought he would die because his hp was going down faster than the sea creature. I can't believe he actually got to kill it in the end. /em is very surprised!
                                Good job he had his trusty pet to help him out though. (presuming he was BST) I don't think he could have survived the attack without it. *Phew!*

Yagudo drinks...... do they use up the highest amount of mp out of all the food available, or are there any others?
                                Last edited by Snowball; 08-15-2005, 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                                (\ /)
                                ( . .)
                                C('')('')

Comment

Working...
                                X