Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So lets have a General Discusion about these new udates from 8/1...everyone happy??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So lets have a General Discusion about these new udates from 8/1...everyone happy??

Well as we all know now, they have made some OMFG updates. I was very excited and I still am but now I'm starting to get skeptical. So you can't use voke or flash to grab that newly spawned NM, just use a bow or boomerang. Easy alteration for botters. So much for that fix.

Is the penalty for dropping your earring really going to affect exping with your npc that much? Or will people drop it anyways and laugh at the penalty? Time will tell.

Just 2 of the things I was thinking of today after reading the update. Anyone else think of ways to get around these issues or do you think this will make a big difference?
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: So lets have a General Discusion about these new udates from 8/1...everyone happy??

this one looks like a good bug fix imo. I like the /blockaid specificly. Well done says me.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Re: So lets have a General Discusion about these new udates from 8/1...everyone happy??

Already a big discussion of the update here.
      Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Originally posted by Rones
        Already a big discussion of the update here.
        Yes I'm well aware of that one but since its under the News section and most people visit the General Discussions, I thought a discussion in this forum was more appropriate. I did make a seperate thread earlier but for some asinine reason it was deleted.
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I think this new system to claim NMs will be intersting. You'll be penalized if you attempt to claim it too quickly, which I'm assuming is within a second or two of it spawning. Your ability/skill would be used in a sense it would be put on cooldown so you wouldn't be able to spam.

Could they possibly calibrate the no-voke zone to accomodate the lag between countries? It would be interesting if they could ping a server in each country to recieve a return and base the timer off of the ping time.

Comment

I was thinking:
            The pop time is figured in Japan, correct? And there is a small delay b/w when a JP sees the mob pop and an NA or EU. If a JP used a bot to /ra as soon as it popped, and there is only a few seconds after pop when you cant use magic or a JA, then it might be possible for an NA to use a JA only a second or so after the pop to get the claim before the bot has waited out the delay on his /ra. Dont know anything about how well this will work since as far as I know, noone knows exactly how its gonna work. Another possibility as someone said earlier was that it may include /ra's in the unusable abilities list, that could severely screw over gilsellers in a big way (also a few regular nm campers but then the whole omelette and breaking eggs thing comes to mind). I do rather like the idea of this update though, and hope it works out the way its intended.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I dunno, is it possible for botters to set up a cascade of abilities to be used as the no-voke zone ends? Let's say once spotted a Dragoon bot would Super Jump, High Jump, then Jump. By Jump the delay would be over and the Dragoon would have it, whereas other jobs would be waiting until they thought it might be over.

Is the delay shown with the color of the name? Or is it only claimable once it's completely appeared?

Comment

so glad everyone now will have a chance to get NM ^-^.
                → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
                ∧____∧
                (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Comment

[QUOTE=Impaction] I dunno, is it possible for botters to set up a cascade of abilities to be used as the no-voke zone ends? Let's say once spotted a Dragoon bot would Super Jump, High Jump, then Jump. By Jump the delay would be over and the Dragoon would have it, whereas other jobs would be waiting until they thought it might be over. [QUOTE]

Thats an interesting way of looking at it. The next few days should prove to be interesting.

Comment

Re: So lets have a General Discusion about these new udates from 8/1...everyone happy

my only opinion is that this patch is hilarious. King Athro kicking the hell out of an LS that tried to hold it for a THF kill, gill-sellers dying over and over to Simurgh, JP players whining to GMs over the new claim system.

great!
                    Wandering Minstrel~

Comment

oo JP whining is the most interesting part. ^^ That means now they're now on par with us here in terms of claiming.
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Well about the pearl, this makes me wish I spent that extra ten minutes to pick up my NPC pearl before I came to CO for my vacation.

The claim system, well /RA with darts is going to become the new thing. Flee and a Ranger's or Beastmaster's Widescan will always top everyone else, even moreso now.

Thank goodness items like Bounding Boots are Rare/EX, so the major camping areas will be a bit more even over all, this patch will help that.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

I havn't been able to experience any of this because this patch has been nothing bu trouble.

Comment

Well today we were camping Behemoth and when he popped I had to say it was hilirious. It popped right behind my friend and everyone rushed towards it spamming skills. I dwear I saw like 20 vokes and 15 Dias or something, it was amazing. People were like wtf and laughing their asses off, then someone threw a boomerang at it and it was claimed. Overall I think the patch will be fine. Darts are probably going to become useful, but hitting a /ra isnt all that easy. First of all the mob has to be in site. Unlike skills where it can be behind you, you have to actually be seeing the mob. And you cna't be running and spamming either or you will get the error and you wont use the /ra. So I think darts arent something to be worried about, since its still fair game for everyone!

Comment

Re: So lets have a General Discusion about these new udates from 8/1...everyone happy

I'm gonna enjoy the new claim system a lot. Finally...my server won't have Faffy, Behemoth, and Adamantoise totally overwhelmed. There may now actually be a chance for me to get a Black Belt! God bless you Square-Enix
                              All spells obtained!
                              Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Working...
                              X