This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G5 for rangers with the ranged attack/accuracy nerf

to all those who think RNG maat shoots something.. he doesn't. he runs up to you and melees you like a MNK.
    that is my point.. i've seen level 75 RNGs stand right beside a crab in qufim and miss a ranged attack.
    i'm really interested to see how a RNG can beat G5 now
    Thats incorrect, Maat does use Range Attacked - when your far away from him (Mostly after you use Shadowbind) - but they suck. He hit me 200+ with his fist and 100+ with the bow. He didnt even WS me. he used Eagle Eye Shot which was in the 150s. I beat him at lvl66, was a walk in the park.

Items: Opo-Opo Necklace, Blink Band, Icarus Wing, 5 Sleep potions.
    Fight: Engage, Sharp Shot, Unlimited Shot
    (not needed but hell, why not), Slug shot, Icarus wing, (he'll start running at you) Shadowbind, Slug shot, Reverbition (?), Barrage, Slug shot, then he gave up. I didn't even use my Two-hour ability.

I'm sure you can follow this exact walkthrough, only thing different would be you'd probly have to use your two-hour. As you can see 3/4 this fight was from a distance, so he could only use his ranged attack and two-hour.
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

If you really want to know Maat is <your job>/MNK so he'll of course Melee you like a Monk. He will use EES on you when he's about halfway (Just read the forums on the Maat fights). As far as the monster being effected it has to be true, it's just plain stupid to make an aditional object for ranged NPC fighters and yet not do an additional object for NIN type NPCs so that their Utsusemi couldn't be wiped off like a players is.

The monsters live under the same rules we do, so if we get "nerfed" in some way so do they.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

He will use EES on you when he's about halfway
        No. He replies to big damage with big damage. In other words; If you hit him, he'll hit you. Thus being the point of Blink Band.
        Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
          If you really want to know Maat is <your job>/MNK so he'll of course Melee you like a Monk.
          So what is he to mnk's? Or are you saying that since he will always punch you? I guess what I'm asking is he <your job>/mnk the same way we would be (can use mnk job abilites?) or does he just punch like a monk?
          In regards to the blink band: do you have to continually wear it, or can you just put it on, activate, then switch back to hunter's beret?
          As for the equations and such of ranged attacks affecting mobs, last time I recall xp'ing mobs that used ranged attks (usually the rng gobs) They would only use them if there target was out of melee range and even though they were 5+lvls higher their accuracy seemed to be piss poor and their dmg was less than one of there melee's. I dont know how much of that applies to maat, but I know when xp'ing off beastmen, you always wanna pick the rng types (thf and pld types tend to suck).
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Maat is your job. Except, he excells in using his fists. Like a monk does. He can use every job ability you have. I think he only uses Asuran Fists. Its rumored that he has the same stats you do when you walk in. So if you walk in with nothing on, it might give you a boost.

In regards to the blink band: do you have to continually wear it, or can you just put it on, activate, then switch back to hunter's beret?
            You can just put it on, use it, then put on the Hunter's Beret.

I would guess if you went in and immediately used Shadowbind that you could fire all that off before it wore. Guess we wont know for sure until a ranger actually does it post-patch.
            After you use Shadowbind hes bound. But the first attack at him hes unbound.
            Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy
              After you use Shadowbind hes bound. But the first attack at him hes unbound.
              I've heard ppl say that, but never actually experienced it. Everytime I've used it, its kept the mob bound for quite a bit while I continually fire at it. Does this change after a certain lvl or is it based on the lvl of the mob: lvl of you?
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

It MIGHT be the amount of damage you do to him, I'm not sure. Maybe it breaks after a certain % of HP is depleted? But yeah, every time I shadowbind and then /rattk it becomes unbound. This dosnt work in ballista though...you can shadowbind, then run away, and ssb, and fire away until it eventually breaks.
                Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Just to clarify, he doesn't use only Asuran Fists, he'll use any hand-to-hand WS randomly. When I went in as WHM he used One Inch Punch on me and Dragon Kick.

Comment

someone beat maat with rng after update >.> just have to change stragy. Remember he has all the "ja" and "jt" as you except for the /mnk part -_-;;.
                    → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
                    ∧____∧
                    (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Comment

my ranger is almost there.i'll see how it gos with the maat fight =)(just need the stupid testi and 3 lv)

Take The quiz yourself!

(' ω ` *)

Comment

Working...
                      X