This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G5 for rangers with the ranged attack/accuracy nerf

my main job is not ranger, but i just had a thought...
    supposed someone had only leveled RNG to 70 as their main job.. then they come to the point where they need to fight Maat. in all the videos i have seen of a RNG doing G5, they are always up close to Maat. considering now that if you shoot from point blank, you will most likely miss.. how are you supposed to beat him? shadowbind has a long timer, so that is not an option. Maat will chase you when you shoot him. Kiting him is a sure death.
    would the only option left be to level another job to 70? if SE was all about "balancing" this job, did they even think about this?

Re: G5 for rangers with the ranged attack/accuracy nerf

Umm ... it can be done. Just not with traditional methods ... also, you get 2x chances for getting WSs off ... and your 2HR + Barrage. I see no problems whatsoever since dragging a battle longer for a RNG is different from a DRK ...
    My Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Kosy
      Umm ... it can be done. Just not with traditional methods ... also, you get 2x chances for getting WSs off ... and your 2HR + Barrage. I see no problems whatsoever since dragging a battle longer for a RNG is different from a DRK ...
      the new changes to ranger make accuracy and damage change according to range... you're totally missing the point.

Comment

Well don't forget the change is an all around effect, so as you are missing close range so should Maat. This just means better stragedy of what you equip to fight him with your main weapon. To me the dagger still seems like a good option since you get a shadowstitch in to push him back if needed.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I got a question, I did G5 at lvl 66 with my RNG, now I might take another job (PLD or DRK) to 75, do I have to do G5 again?
          In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
          And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
          Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
          Yeah, It’s true.
          It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

No, just need to do it once.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

ok cool, back on topic, im sure you can kill maat with the Nerf, its really easy killing him as RNG. You might want to wait till lvl 70 though for better gear.
              Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Nope, but you can if you relly want to
                Levri
                INT ~ MND
                RDM/BLM - RDM/WHM
                Titan Server _=Rank 3=_

------R.I.P Zhandal-----
                -*Retired Febuary '05*-
                ------54 PLD/WAR------

Comment

Where there's a will there's a way.

Comment

With enough Slug Shots anything is possible ;p
                    Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Don't you have better accuracy when you're close and worse when you're further away? Anyways, like Macht said, it will effect Maat as well, so it would be just as easy.

Comment

Maat fights with his fists as far as I can tell. I've never done it before, but I always seem him fighting like a Monk and using Asuran Fists. You'd have to do it in an all or nothing blast of EES, WSs, and the like.

Comment

I can't really comment on how hard this will be but the mobs seem unaffected by the patch. I'm pretty sure the rules don't apply to them.
                          THF 75 / SAM 75 / WAR75 / BLM 57 / RNG 46 / RDM 42 / NIN 41 / MNK 41 / BRD 38 / WHM 38 / 37 PLD / 37 DRG

Comment

Originally posted by Tythera
                            I can't really comment on how hard this will be but the mobs seem unaffected by the patch. I'm pretty sure the rules don't apply to them.
                            Yeah, I'd wondered about this.
                            Though, I had heard of rangers going in with icarus wing and doing a:
                            EES>>Barrrage>>One more shot for 100%tp>>Slugshot>>IcarusWing>>Slugshot again, and that would usually kill him. I would guess if you went in and immediately used Shadowbind that you could fire all that off before it wore. Guess we wont know for sure until a ranger actually does it post-patch.
                            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

to all those who think RNG maat shoots something.. he doesn't. he runs up to you and melees you like a MNK.
                              that is my point.. i've seen level 75 RNGs stand right beside a crab in qufim and miss a ranged attack.
                              i'm really interested to see how a RNG can beat G5 now

Comment

Working...
                              X