This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every other MMO compared to FFXI

Sucked or sucks. I've been game hopping while taking a break from XI. And seriously I've run out of ideas, does anyone know of a game that does not suck compared to XI and is not one of the following:
    Matrix Online (ARGH! ><)
    Face Of Mankind (why is this game not axed)
    Any SOE game
    World of Warcraft
    Guild Wars
    Asheron's Call 1-2
    Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst
    Anarchy Online

And err..that's all I can think of for now. There has been no other game that's kept me hooked like FFXI does but I think I ran into burnout thanks to waiting time for parties on my DRK. Anyone got ideas? >,<

Oh and no NCSoft games, they're all damned linear (one thing to do).

Re: Every other MMO compared to FFXI

Why do people feel the need to post these threads?

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

you cant compare all MMos like this, for one GuildWars and Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst are not MMORPGs....they are like Diablo a MORPG. Second, I have played EQ WoW PSO Matrix and City of Heros, they where all good games, heck I want to reacivate my COH account :p but they all where missing something FF has, a great comunity. I am not saying the games blow, because they dont, I just dont care for them as much as I do FFXI. Oh and I agree peopel need to stop makeing threads like this :p
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinen
        Why do people feel the need to post these threads?
        Cause I'm sick of playing a game that requires you to wait so long for PTs. And WoW didn't cut it thanks to it's idea of "end-game".

Oh and if you thought Matrix Online was a good game......FFXI must be heaven to you lol

Comment

I hardly think EQ sucks, EQII does a little. City of Hereos is also a great MMORPG.
          Last edited by Kir0s; 07-26-2005, 06:37 AM.

Anything and Everything...It's Got To Be Fluff!!!

Blog of A Monk with no Goals or Ambitions...

Liruc (Main) MNK/WAR | Jizzum WHM (Mule/Plaything)

Comment

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I for one really enjoyed Ragnarok Online. Everything else I didn't care for so much... with the exception of FFXI of course

Comment

I've beta'd or played a lot of MMO's. It's hard to compare them all though. I can say that out of all the MMO's I played FFXI and Ragnarok Online were the ones I played the most. (RO mainly because of my husband and involvement working with a website.) Of course I've had an on again off again relationship with several MMO's, including FFXI. I value community quite highly in my games and there have been a few that I keep calling me home.

Did you try DAoC? Priston Tale? Saga of Ryzom? Knight Online? A Tale in the Desert is one that I beta'd and is totally different. Maybe different is something that might interest you? That's all I can think of off the top of my head that I've tried, other than the ones you mentioned.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Different MMOs for different people.
                PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                Currently Playing:
                FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

EQII is pretty good. It might seem vast though, because It is meant for a much more hardcore player base. It's much deeper compared to FFXI. If you're computer can run it at least balanced settings, it is decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnastar
                    EQII is pretty good. It might seem vast though, because It is meant for a much more hardcore player base. It's much deeper compared to FFXI. If you're computer can run it at least balanced settings, it is decent.
                    I don't know why but I didn't like EQII all that much. There were too many balance issues and even after playing the game to level 34 I felt like "wtf am I supposed to do". I mean, if I knew what to do in EvE-Online with their crappy ass tutorial I should've felt more secure in EQII but I didn't >,<

Everyone says CoH is good and I agree when I first picked it up I was like..WOW. But I gave it multiple tries and I keep hating it so what now...

I've played Ragnarok Online too much from private servers to retail, even botted my ass off =P

Comment

EQ2 got a lot of loyal followers so it gotta have something. I myself got bored and hated the game after my first 30 minutes so not much to be said ; / I pretty much hated everything in EQ2 from characters, combat, graphics, musics, blah blah... EQ1 was way better imo.
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

LineageII second best to me after FFXI

Main : Sephiro
                        Mules : Sephira Eviljin Sephon
                        COP missions = Complated

Comment

Originally posted by l)@RK-l)EVIL
                          LineageII second best to me after FFXI
                          Someone loves grinding! To each his own.
                          I played it on a free server and man.. it was slow... even at like 10x everything.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro_Hayate
                            Matrix Online (ARGH! ><)
                            Face Of Mankind (why is this game not axed)
                            Any SOE game
                            World of Warcraft
                            Guild Wars
                            Asheron's Call 1-2
                            Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst
                            Anarchy Online
                            Long Post...Sorry

I'v played Anarchy Online, EvE, Beta MXO, PlanetSide (yes...not a mmorpg but a mmo game all the same), Rag Online, Face Of Mandkind (still in beta last I saw), Earth&Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies, and messed with free trials for a few others.
                            Like a few people have said here, there are different games for different people.

Of the games I'v played I thought MXO had the most potental (if you did not hit level cap in 15~20 days in game), EvE was the best looking, PlanetSide was the most different game, Anarchy Online had the most char ability customisation (but most had litttle effect as far as I could tell).

Yet, I think the reason that I'v stuck with FFXI is because of the in game cut scenes. I'v been playing PRGs sence FFVII, and I'v allways liked the story being told through cutscenes instead of text boxes (EvE, Anarchy Online, Star Wars). It just makes it eaiser for me to sit back and get cosumed with the story (wether it is just a short quest or the next chapter of CoP).

This was the reason I thought Star Wars was disapointing. When you make a new char and do the tutorial there is a in-game renendered sceen of a Star Destroyer sending a shuttle to a space station. I though "This is cool, kinda like FFXI" but that was the only sceen that the devs did. If they could have taken that ability and used it throughout the game then I could have gotten hooked on Star Wars just as I did with FFXI.

I understand what you feal like waiting for PTs on your DRK. One of my good in-game friends is a DRK and she's been known to wait 10hrs just running around in Jeuno waiting for a invite (because we all know, if your not a mage you wont get a invite unless you are in Jeuno :rolls eyes.

My advice is maybe try out a different job. My friend is a die-hard DRK and would not level anything besides drk and sub jobs till she hit 75. Or try to make your own pts (harder then it sounds, I know).

If all else fails I'd recomend you trying out PlanetSide (I know you said no SOE games but give me a min). Before I found FFXI I played PlanetSide sence it launched. It was the first and I think still only MMOFPS (first person shooter). I could not have asked for a better first MMO experience. It had community, cool fights, and dispite my hardware being crap at the time it had few bugs. I quit about 9 months latter because I was disapointed with the expansion they released something linke 6 months after launch and I was getting tirred of the fighting back and forth on the same islands (because neither side could make it far enough).

I'v been studying in Japan for the past 2 months. At first I did not miss FFXI, instead I decidet to check up on some old games I played, and what do you know...PlanetSide underwent some major changes sence I left. Now with 2 weeks till I get back home and I can live once again in Vana'diel I find my self wanting to go back to PlanetSide for the first time in 2 year. From my troling on the fourms, PlanetSide is still going strong even though there is some sort of a population proublem on a few of the servers. When I get back home I'm gona download PlanetSide with it's expansion for $20, and it comes with a 30 day trial.

So, if your want a really different MMO experience I recomend you try PlanetSide for a month. If you'v spent all that money on those other games I hope you can spend the $20 on PlanetSide.
                            Send me a PM if you decide to try it out, I'll be joining you in a few weeks.

PlanetSide main site: www.planetside.com
                            D2D Download for PlanetSide: http://www.direct2drive.com/79/produ...shock-Download

No Ifs Ands or Buts about it.
                            Rest of my sig

Comment

Planetside is a decently fun and very different massive multiplayer online game but it isn't worth the monthly fee.

I've noticed the mmorpg fans who hate FFXI really HATE FFXI... which boggles me cause they're all pretty much the same goddamn game. Just different stylizations.
                              "We're all stupid, so lets go adventure in our ignorance together!"
                              http://www.cursetheyagudo.org/db/db....prof&name=Cade

Comment

Working...
                              X