This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pol-1155

Might be the wrong forum to post this up in....

But I slightly have a story to tell.

I just moved from home, bought a new computer, and had my father transfer all the FFXI files we had on his main computer (the one I used to play on) onto my new computer, since they would be linked into our familys set of computers. Some how my dad can access into my computer and just about do anything.

So when I went to start the download, I got past the first PlayOnline updates, about two 100% (small 20 second downloads) and a POL-1155 came up. From there the was a window behind every page that said "Cannot find data for PlayOnline. Please reinstall softwear" or something.

Im not the most computer literate person on earth so I had my dad access into the my computer and try out some stuff.

After a few hours he figured that when we moved all the files to my computer, he put them on our D drive but the new update files were all going to my C drive. So PlayOnline filps out and think I dont have anything installed at all.

We basically cant get them to be sent to the D drive, thus making the update impossible to download.

So he figured he would try the same transfering of files he did with my new computer and his.

He did the update on his computer and tryed saveing them all to a Zip drive, but im sure some of you know (we forgot) zip drives go currupt after 4 gigabites (http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;301325).

Now hes trying to just make smaller files to send over to me, and do it bit by bit.

We figure if this dosnt work I might aswell just repurcahse FFXI, install it again, and go throught the two years of updates in order to play.

So theres my past two days with the update.
    Now im just wondering if anyone has run into something like this or has any advice for my father and I on how we should aproch this.

Thanks,
    Grant Thomas (rezoid)

Re: Pol-1155

Bump for 3 days of no FF

Comment

Working...
    X