This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ME?!?! Suspended!?!?!

Ok... I finally woke up this morning and came to reply on here. First of all...

some guy sent me a /tell after I made the shout asking "how much?". I replied to him saying "lol I dunno.... was hoping to get $400 LMAO". He did a /tell back saying "lol, good luck with that one chief. Hey since your high level, can you help me with a quest?" I told him that I couldnt and that I was headin to a party and that I didnt think anyone would take that shout seriouosly. ANYONE ON MIDGARDSORMR... That guys name was Merk. Hunt him down and /bitch_slap him for me.

As for which GM... it was one I have never dealt with before. His name was [GM]Deneuve or something along those lines.

This still pisses me off... mostly because Im stuck watching TV and being in the sun light. Has anyone ever played so much FFXI in a room that when you leave that room in the sun light hits you for the first time in like... 3 months... that it kinda makes you sick lol. Thats how I am.

So here I am.... On my own again... walking down this path without my taru to guide me.
    ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

Well at least you know SE are doing something about Real Money Trade even if they don't have a sence of humour about it.

Comment

Well, all I can say is if you go to an airport and joke about having a Bomb or a Gun or anything that can threat a life you'll get into a whole load of trouble even if it's a joke. With how players constantly demand the GMs to crack down on people breaking the ToS this is the end result you inevitably get.

Like the GM said players from HK or China are excluded from parts of our ToS due to the International Copyright Laws. US and Japan players are bound to these ToS because they are individal National Copyrights. In other words Japan released the game ALL copyrights for the Japanese version are binding, US released the game and in turn ALL copyrights for it to US players is also binding, EU released the game and in turn ALL copyrights for it to the EU players is also binding. China and other places had no offical release so the copyrights become iffy, the only copyrights that are valid are the ones that the International Copyright Laws say are valid.

Unfortunatly as far as databases and data goes the International Copyright Laws only protect the stability of the data and it's infrastructure, it doesn't pertain to the details of the data itself. So in any other place that isn't considered US, EU, or JP regions which leaves like 3 other regions are legally allowed to gil sell. This is why IGE's main location for carrying out all their transactions and website is located in HK while the people getting the money from it is HQ'd here in the US (California to be more precise). That allows them to take advantage of the International Copyright Laws and do the stuff that piss off so many players.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by kuu
          Read again. Even if HK is handed back to china it DOES NOT follow chinese laws. And HK has it's own government.

HK has it's own set of laws, 90% of them from pre '97 days. Most of the laws that changed from after '97 are easier traveling from and to HK from mainland. Basically like US and canada, instead of all those paperworks. (Still acts like it's own country though, bans most chinese from staying in HK for more then 7days and other stuff)

If you want to sue IGE for ToS service brakage, I think it's more or less possible in HK, they have very similar business laws as JP and US, due to their environment.
          Hey was just making sure lol. I am not that familiar with their laws however i do remember my parents saying visiting there after soso years helps you retain citizenship rights or something like that(when i was 7yrs old or something @_@). Thanks for clearing it up a little, i might read it up on my own sometime.

On that note, SE could release FFXI in China, Kanji and normal Chinese words are just about exactly the same as it was copied from China. But that seems unlikely at the moment with the tension both countries have a

Comment

On the bright side, you've been suspended during the 18-hour maintenence.
            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
            Currently Playing:
            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree
              does anyone have some hacking skills? lets just hack ige and do justice by our own hands, and then hack square, but from china, so we dont get in trouble.
              XD sig'd

Wow though... that stinks. Unfortunately, you can't tell you can't tell if someone is joking over the internet. ; ;
              "From the void all things are born.
              To the void all things return."

-philosophy of the Walahra

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master
                On the bright side, you've been suspended during the 18-hour maintenence.
                lol!! wow. That is a bright side indeed

Title: Sergeant Major
                SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

I don't live in Japan, the US or Europe, does that mean I can sell gil and get away with it? >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Deathguise
                    I don't live in Japan, the US or Europe, does that mean I can sell gil and get away with it? >.>
                    That depends, even though Canada is not US it is technically considered as part of the US Region so they still conform to most of the Copyrights to the US Region. Same with Europe Region which encompasses like france, germany, spain, and some others.

The regions I can think of off the top of my head which the International Copyrights.... Umm, maybe I shouldn't say don't want to encourage any gilselling.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Just a hypothetical question, I'd never actually go through with it. I'm not even gonna sell my account when I quit, all my stuff is going to friends.

Comment

If I was going to sell my account... I wouldnt do it by shouting in Jeuno LOL.

Besides... Im still waiting for December to roll around to see what new jobs they add into the mix.

. . . . . . . .

Aswell as I still need to unleash my wrath in multiple Ballista tournaments that I will be holding in August. ^^ Entrance fee = 10k .... 1st place = 100k..... 2nd =75k..... 3rd = 50k....
                        ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                          That depends, even though Canada is not US it is technically considered as part of the US Region so they still conform to most of the Copyrights to the US Region. Same with Europe Region which encompasses like france, germany, spain, and some others.

The regions I can think of off the top of my head which the International Copyrights.... Umm, maybe I shouldn't say don't want to encourage any gilselling.
                          Umm IGE has branch offices around the world. The legal arm can reach IGE easily. The problem is IGE liable?

Even if you can't sue them in HK(which is a stretch since HK commerical laws are very international friendly) You can get them at one of the branch offices.

The problem isn't that S-E can't reach IGE (partial GM BS IMO). It's that the case is so weak. As I wrote in a nother thread, IGE does nothing wrong, besides playing it. It's the "ban me if you can find me" but you can't shut me down, because the law doesn't work like that.

There are PS2 mod chip sellers in the US, but sony can't touch them. They can only ban users that use online, or sent in for repairs.
                          Last edited by kuu; 07-18-2005, 04:55 PM.

Comment

GM = New York Cop ;o.

Comment

Dude, you stole from me? You bastard!
                              PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                              Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                              WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                              Currently Playing:
                              FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

"Besides... Im still waiting for December to roll around to see what new jobs they add into the mix. "

New Expansion Pack I wasnt told of...?

Windurst Rank 10. ZM14. CoP M5-2.
                                RDM->62 (AF Completed), MNK->62 (AF Completed).

Comment

Working...
                                X