Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't it sad they made this game so hard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't it sad they made this game so hard?

to advance, to do missions, to complete the story?

I mean it's Final Fantasy ELEVEN so it's part of the main series yet I don't think I'll never feel complete because it's so freaking hard and time consuming just to complete the story.

I mean even I got to level 70 it'd still take a ton of time finding people to complete every mission with

just depressing

""Isn't it sad they made this game so hard?""

Nope !!!!!

Comment

Go try WoW where you can solo almost every quest and mission. And let me know what you think.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Interesting... very interesting.

Mind telling us more?

Oh and.. read this:
        http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....591163987&rd=1

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
          Go try WoW where you can solo almost every quest and mission. And let me know what you think.
          i did, that games very boring
          I like partying
          but the challenge is too deep for at least 60% of FF fans

Comment

yes it is sad.

I can see the need for a challenge and real life simliarities between the economy and stuff to make the game realistic but...

Personally i think they over did it, its an effen game not Life 2.O with funny looking people XD

Comment

ya

I'm just saying
              compare it to other games in the series like FF7 or FF10, they take like 70 hours to complete.. that's the story anyway. There are tons of other stuff to do in those games those that take waaay more time and challenge.

70 hours in FF11 was like getting to level 15

Comment

just the nature of MMORPGs. a big ass time sink that you keep paying and paying and paying.

but sad, no.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
                  Interesting... very interesting.

Mind telling us more?

Oh and.. read this:
                  http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....591163987&rd=1
                  LMAO! That is very unique indeed! :p :p Even for a site like Ebay.
                  Can I get my Scrambled Eggs & Bacon from there too?
                  :p
                  (\ /)
                  ( . .)
                  C('')('')

Comment

Re: Isn't it sad they made this game so hard?

Originally posted by blueoakleyz
                    to advance, to do missions, to complete the story?

I mean it's Final Fantasy ELEVEN so it's part of the main series yet I don't think I'll never feel complete because it's so freaking hard and time consuming just to complete the story.

I mean even I got to level 70 it'd still take a ton of time finding people to complete every mission with

just depressing
                    Well its sounds like you were expecting it to be like its predecessors. Unfortunately it is not. Console rpgs have an approx. time it will take you to finish the game. They have limited depth. MMORPG's do not follow that. They are much more intricate and require more dedication. The game isn't broken or hard, its just a MMORPG.

I talk to a lot of people that have played the FF series and they are interested in FFXI. I never pad the truth. I tell them what the game will take to play. Most of the time their faces go from "wow a FF thats online...cool!!!" to "um.....wth....that doesn't sound like the FF games I've been playing..."

If your in it for the story then kiss the better portion of a year goodbye and thats if you dedicate most of your free time to playing. Part time player? Add on another year or so.
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

zomg wtf... :D
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Any other FF game is well worth the time spent playing it to discover the storyline. FFXI's storyline is incredibly deep, vast, and expansive. It can only be through the billions of hours of game play that you'll discover it all and feel you've truely done something. What motivates me is reading tidbits of spoilers posted here and there. FFXI is truely unique in that it actually has a central storyline you're involved in, which also includes smaller ones you discover. No other game can claim to have any of that.

Comment

Re: Re: Isn't it sad they made this game so hard?

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                          Well its sounds like you were expecting it to be like its predecessors. Unfortunately it is not. Console rpgs have an approx. time it will take you to finish the game. They have limited depth. MMORPG's do not follow that. They are much more intricate and require more dedication. The game isn't broken or hard, its just a MMORPG.

No I definately wasn't.
                          I know how MORPGs are (Yes one M, the word massively is stupid)
                          Its just they could have made the progression through story a LOT more accessible. I still see plenty of people having fun with stuff that has nothing to do with missions.
                          I talk to a lot of people that have played the FF series and they are interested in FFXI. I never pad the truth. I tell them what the game will take to play. Most of the time their faces go from "wow a FF thats online...cool!!!" to "um.....wth....that doesn't sound like the FF games I've been playing..."

If your in it for the story then kiss the better portion of a year goodbye and thats if you dedicate most of your free time to playing. Part time player? Add on another year or so.
                          I started March of 2004.. I was a fulltime player for a long time.. I'm only rank 5.. Now I can't be anything but a part time player
                          so yeah.. never gonna beat this game.. Thankfully the game isnt really about the story so much as just an online experience. If I ever permantly quit and haven't beat it I'll be ok

Comment

Re: Isn't it sad they made this game so hard?

Originally posted by blueoakleyz

Well considering the statement you made above, it does sound an awful lot like your comparing it to the console FF's. Every MMORPG is a grind. (Yes MM because it is massive to involve people from all over the world to cooperatively play together.) It would be stupid for the game's story to be easily accessible since the entire point is to keep you interested in the game.
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I want General Bob's LOLLERSKATES!

Comment

Working...
                              X