This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sahagin key....?!

Used to camp NMS at sea groto talked to many npcs then i talked to npc he asked for items i traded them to him and he give me that Sahagin key rare/ex

1-what its for :s
    2-can use it 1 time only?

I used searched and found 0 topic about that key

Main : Sephiro
    Mules : Sephira Eviljin Sephon
    COP missions = Complated

What I found.

Well from my search I came up with this:

This key opens the ornamented door in Sea Serpent Grotto. You find the ornamented door at J-11, the gold beastcoin door at I-14, and the silver beastcoin door at N-14. You use this key, then it breaks.

You need a silver beastcoin, gold beastcoin, 3 mythril beastcoins, and a norg shell (found in AH under other > misc.) when you enter SSG. You need to do the entire SSG section without leaving the zone, otherwise you have to start it over.

First you talk to a Gimb, a galka on your right as you enter Norg. Then you find Bou the Righteous at H-11 through the Gold beastcoin door. He mentions Hurr sells keys, so go to Hurr the Betrayer at H-3 through the Silver beastcoin door, the same room you go to for the Utsusemi: Ichi quest. Hurr asks for a Norg Shell and 3 Mythril Beastcoins.

Hope that helped.

EDIT:

In case you're wondering I found this info from a post on Allakhazam

Other then this I don't see much else, no clue what's behind the ornamented door.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Behind the ornamented door there are the harder eyes for hakutaku clusters (Mindgazers I think) as well as a few 16 minute repop Sahagin "NM"s.
      THF 75 / SAM 75 / WAR75 / BLM 57 / RNG 46 / RDM 42 / NIN 41 / MNK 41 / BRD 38 / WHM 38 / 37 PLD / 37 DRG

Comment

Yeah, Mindgazers are the main reason people go back there.
        They drop the Golden Hakutaku eye, one of five that you need for a Hakutaku Eye Cluster.

There's the Abyss Sahagin NM, which is a short repop, Ocean Sahagin, which is a long timer, and also the Polearm WSNM pop spot that I can think of offhand that are also beyond that door.

The key is a one-use item, and you can't open the door for others from the other side. The second time you get one you need a Norg Shell and a Gold Beastcoin...so usually you want your trips to count. People will often pull down the one Mindgazer you can hit with spells, etc, from that central room rather than get a key.

FFXI Blog

Comment

hmmm looks like i will drop the key and get it later when i need it XD waste of space thanks for the help

Main : Sephiro
          Mules : Sephira Eviljin Sephon
          COP missions = Complated

Comment

Working...
          X