X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonovoxpsu
    are you sure about this?
    i have not personally experienced this, but there was a thread on Allakhazam about that exact subject, but when i looked for it i couldn't find it.

i remember the thread starter specifically saying that the latent effect only happens sometimes with an en-spell, and that while he is fighting, the latent effect will often just dissapear, and he thought it might be connected to TP.
    then a few responses said that the reason it didn't work sometimes, and that the latent effect dissapeared in the middle of battle was because the wielder got more than 100% TP at that point.

and i also heard it mentioned a few times by some friends

so i'm fairly sure, although not technically 100% sure.
    Check out this internet radio station!
    that's my Music Tachnology class's work, along with a bunch of independant artists picked by us!

Comment

My question is this. Would I still have the latent effect of wyvern earring, even though my sub isn't a DRG? My MAIN is a DRG, so if its not going to work I'll just sell it back.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Khaeos
        My question is this. Would I still have the latent effect of wyvern earring, even though my sub isn't a DRG? My MAIN is a DRG, so if its not going to work I'll just sell it back.
        it's not going to work.

it has to be your subjob that is DRG, your main job has no effect.
        that's my Music Tachnology class's work, along with a bunch of independant artists picked by us!

Comment

but I thought latent effect was always activated by low hp? Not the hidden effects. If so, SE needs to fix this immediately....because if that happens for every latent effect item out there, its a bit unfair to not at least TELL them, then patch it.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Comment

not all latents are hp activated.

your item actives when DRG is SUBJOB!

NOT MAIN!

how much more simple can it be?

*they don't tell us to make it interested:spin: *
            •70 Samurai•
            •Mithra•
            retired

too many assholes choosing money over friends

Comment

Originally posted by iglak
              i have not personally experienced this, but there was a thread on Allakhazam about that exact subject, but when i looked for it i couldn't find it.

i remember the thread starter specifically saying that the latent effect only happens sometimes with an en-spell, and that while he is fighting, the latent effect will often just dissapear, and he thought it might be connected to TP.
              then a few responses said that the reason it didn't work sometimes, and that the latent effect dissapeared in the middle of battle was because the wielder got more than 100% TP at that point.

and i also heard it mentioned a few times by some friends

so i'm fairly sure, although not technically 100% sure.
              Tested it today, lowered both defense and attack by about 85-90. Did up str by 5, it's false/sham/fake if the thread exsists. Only other item that ups rice ball bonus aside from sam AF is still the headband i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by bbcradical_ed

not all latents are hp activated.

your item actives when DRG is SUBJOB!

NOT MAIN!

how much more simple can it be?

*they don't tell us to make it interested:spin: *

/stab!

Ok ok. lol. I was just making sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Khaeos
                  but I thought latent effect was always activated by low hp? Not the hidden effects. If so, SE needs to fix this immediately....because if that happens for every latent effect item out there, its a bit unfair to not at least TELL them, then patch it.
                  The word Latent doesnt mean "low health" it mean "Present, but not active". You have to "activate" the effect....the low HP thing is just a common way for many items.

SE hasnt ever said anything to confuse you or make promises for hidden effects working on any item. You confused yourself. Players discover the ways things work, SE makes no claim saying how things work. No fix needs to be made to these items.
                  **Co-Founder of TheCynicalJadedBastardsWhoUsedToGiveAShitButRealizedThatGetsYouNowhereSoNowWeJustInsultPeopleAndCussALot**
                  +302 lvls gained (not including the -20 for purposely deleveling BRD to 45)

If you havent played BST past 35, you havent played BST.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodachi
                    Tested it today, lowered both defense and attack by about 85-90. Did up str by 5, it's false/sham/fake if the thread exsists. Only other item that ups rice ball bonus aside from sam AF is still the headband i guess.
                    huh?
                    i was talking about Enhancing Sword's latent effect, and if one of the Latent requirements is <100% TP or not.

i think you meant to quote someone else... or just misunderstood

Comment

Word of notice:
                      They changed
                      Horror Head from -50 to +50 Enimity
                      Rank: 6 ジョブ: 暗 61, シ 38, 戦 37, 赤 26, 白 25, 黒 20, モ 20, 竜 10, 獣 10, 吟 10, 侍 10, 狩 10, 忍 20, 召 15, ナ 1, 青 10, コ 10, カ10
                      Never argue with a moron. They pull you down to their level and beat you through experience.

Comment

The elemental staves also decrease chances of resists on spells AND songs. Thats another hidden effect. The general consensus is +10% song/spell acc for normal, and +15% for HQ.
                        /ja "poop pants" me

My Character!

Tu'Lia is COOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Alontier
                          Word of notice:
                          They changed
                          Horror Head from -50 to +50 Enimity
                          wrong.

Horror head II is an item, its the opposite of the old one, bets are on that it will be an item for this years halloween.
                          55% Skill
                          35% Equipment
                          10% Race

White Mage - 75 - Completed
                          Ninja - 75 - Completed
                          Summoner - 75 - Completed
                          My Livejournal

Comment

bump.. this should be STICKIED!

Comment

My Rune Chopper (Great Axe) drains my MP at 3 MP/3 seconds...I'm not sure if it's different for every weapon, or if the original person was just wrong.

3 MP/3 seconds is hell though.
                              JohNNY

Comment

Treat Staff [Rare/Ex Lv1 DMG1 DLY356 HP+5 MP+5 Latent Effect: Warp ALL]
                                so if you start hackin at something it'll warp you to homepoint
                                <if it's full/new moon>?
                                __ Subligar [ANY/MALE]
                                lmao. i was waiting for someone to say that

Comment

Working...
                                X