Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WAS REALLY REALLY BORED AT WORK TODAY!
    Hacked on 9/9/09
    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

• If Squeenix were bothered about internet sites selling gil, they would be closed down.

They havent been closed down, so Im guessing they aint bothered - it doesnt bother me either, in the slightest, about people buying gil to fund their progression throughout the game.

IMHO there are more important things to worry about these days, I think people who fret over this really should get a reality check.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

• They couldnt shut them down if they tried. Sony tried to shut them down, at least managed to get Ebay to stop allowing stuff to be sold on in that was EQ account related but other then that they failed, and in fact recently they had a question pop up when people logged into EQ, basiclly saying if we made a way that people could safetly sell accounts would you have a problem with it or something. I personally dont care, if people want to waste there RL money on Fake Money, they can do it.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

• Why would Square close it down at all? The sites that sell the gil have to sign on just like the rest of us to make it, so in fact they would be loseing money to do so. Square doesnt give a shit about it at all, cause like I have just stated above, THEY MAKE MONEY FROM IT. The point of this thread got turned into a battle of morrals. And, somehow it got to where if I bought gil, I alos cheated at everything else in life too ? Now I'm a speeder as well, ? Just cause I dont have 3+ hours a day to play this game I have to quit now ? Well.. I also don't like pay Taxes.. should I stop that too ?

I do buy gil in this game, only when absolutly needed. Cause Like a lot of people on here I DON'T have all the time in the world to play. So when I bought that Scorpion Harness for my main, I did end up short on what I needed, and yes I did get my extra gil online. And I'm not ashamed to say it in the game or on here in front of everyone. I pay my 13 a month, I play so much as my life permits and when I need the extra gil and dont have time or a want to farm it, I will buy it. Its my chara, my account, and Square hasnt done anything, cause they are making money.

And in the end when you turn off the lights and go to bed at night, rest easy on knowning that the world is run by money, not morals. And in that Square will NEVER stop gil buying.
          :Retired to World of warcraft due to its better gameplay:

Comment

• Nice Hirio.

Comment

• But it does suck when you see beginners with very nice gears. sigh, life is not fair, deal with it.

Comment

• Wow, this thread got revived and now there's people posting on it that seem to have not read anything. Case in point, Hirio. I shouldn't even be replying to this, because it will probably just spark another debate.

Why would Square close it down at all? The sites that sell the gil have to sign on just like the rest of us to make it, so in fact they would be loseing money to do so. Square doesnt give a shit about it at all, cause like I have just stated above, THEY MAKE MONEY FROM IT. The point of this thread got turned into a battle of morrals. And, somehow it got to where if I bought gil, I alos cheated at everything else in life too ? Now I'm a speeder as well, ? Just cause I dont have 3+ hours a day to play this game I have to quit now ? Well.. I also don't like pay Taxes.. should I stop that too ?

I do buy gil in this game, only when absolutly needed. Cause Like a lot of people on here I DON'T have all the time in the world to play. So when I bought that Scorpion Harness for my main, I did end up short on what I needed, and yes I did get my extra gil online. And I'm not ashamed to say it in the game or on here in front of everyone. I pay my 13 a month, I play so much as my life permits and when I need the extra gil and dont have time or a want to farm it, I will buy it. Its my chara, my account, and Square hasnt done anything, cause they are making money.

And in the end when you turn off the lights and go to bed at night, rest easy on knowning that the world is run by money, not morals. And in that Square will NEVER stop gil buying.
                You bring up points that have been brought up left and right on this thread, and have all been successfully rebutted. You ask why Square would close it down? If they really "didn't care" about gil selling they'd be doing it themselves and making EVEN MORE money off of it, ever think about that? You are also implying that SE could care less about people who don't want this kind of activity in a video game(notice "game" meaning, don't take things so seriously all the time). I mean seriously, you act like "I didn't have enough time to pay for my Scropins Harns+1 LOLS." Who's saying you have to get it within a certain time frame? You have all the time in the world to play this game, what's the rush?
                Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

• Originally posted by ibroyles
                  Who's saying you have to get it within a certain time frame? You have all the time in the world to play this game, what's the rush?
                  all the time in ther world for a mere $14 a month subscription

not all people want to take forever getting things

people play, have fun, "want to get certain items" to increase said "fun", then one day quit the game
                  - Valefor - PLD75/WAR37 - Rank 10 - Fishing skill 100!! - Woodworking 80 - Cooking 35 - PROFILE LINK

Comment

• Originally posted by Basher
                    all the time in ther world for a mere $14 a month subscription

not all people want to take forever getting things

people play, have fun, "want to get certain items" to increase said "fun", then one day quit the game
                    Oh, so in order to save $14 a month, go ahead and spend $100 on gil?

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

• Originally posted by ibroyles
                      You bring up points that have been brought up left and right on this thread, and have all been successfully rebutted. You ask why Square would close it down? If they really "didn't care" about gil selling they'd be doing it themselves and making EVEN MORE money off of it, ever think about that? You are also implying that SE could care less about people who don't want this kind of activity in a video game(notice "game" meaning, don't take things so seriously all the time). I mean seriously, you act like "I didn't have enough time to pay for my Scropins Harns+1 LOLS." Who's saying you have to get it within a certain time frame? You have all the time in the world to play this game, what's the rush?
                      The points havn't been refuted, people such as yourself just beat around the topic and don't post anything of any relevance.

Like I said earlier, buying gil is strictly against the rules of FFXI, but you wouldn't know it by how they enforce the rules. Though it may be against the rules, it isn't morally wrongful in anyway. Purchasing a virtual character is exactly the same as purchasing virtual money.

For those of you that will say, 'You're paying for the ability to play a character owned by SE.' I say, by buying gil you're paying for the abiltiy to spend money owned be SE.

People enjoy this game, and people buy gil to further enjoy this game. Don't ruin their fun because you have a problem with it. Their TOSis rarely obeyed because they do little to nothing to enforce them. Laws are nothing with people to enforce them.

Comment

• nooo why did you revive this thread... dont worry, im not going to respond cause theres really no "right" or "wrong" answer... its really a personal decision. If you think buying gil is wrong, dont do it. if you think buying gil is ok, either do it or don't, its your choice. We aren't here to tell people whether what they are doing is morally wrong (even though it IS against the rules... but not following the rules doesn't mean immoral... but yeah, i promised not to argue ^_^). Just know that, if you aren't buying gil, you aren't stooping to their level. Like we have discussed before, its unproven whether gil buying affects the game in a negative way, so in the end, its only affecting you if you let it affect you... just move on and play the game the way YOU want to, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else (i.e. SJ WHM to your WAR... omg, or unattended botting, etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by lun4tic
                          The points havn't been refuted, people such as yourself just beat around the topic and don't post anything of any relevance.

Like I said earlier, buying gil is strictly against the rules of FFXI, but you wouldn't know it by how they enforce the rules. Though it may be against the rules, it isn't morally wrongful in anyway. Purchasing a virtual character is exactly the same as purchasing virtual money.

For those of you that will say, 'You're paying for the ability to play a character owned by SE.' I say, by buying gil you're paying for the abiltiy to spend money owned be SE.

People enjoy this game, and people buy gil to further enjoy this game. Don't ruin their fun because you have a problem with it. Their TOSis rarely obeyed because they do little to nothing to enforce them. Laws are nothing with people to enforce them.
                          You say that my points don't have any relevance, but upon further inspection, neither do yours. You say by buying gil you're paying for the ability to spend money owned by SE. Keywords highlighted in case you didn't know, you just proved my point for me. So there's nothing morally wrong with selling "virtual money" legally owned by a company which puts a lot of work into satisfying gamers? I think there is. And what if it ruins my fun when people buy gil? So automatically there's something wrong with me instead of people buying gil? Like I said, this debate is being sparked again but the two "sides" are just saying the same thing. I was just posting to rebut the people who just seemed to want to post some copout response. But, so be it, looks like its revived now...

EDIT: LawDawg you provided good points, didn't see it before I posted. Anyways, I agree with you. Although it does bother me that people do this, I will put these players in the same category as the level whores, etc. It really doesn't affect me, in a sense, its the "gil buyers" who are cheating themselves, I believe. But obviously there's no way they'll ever listen to me. Maybe some of you gil-buyers should just take a look at what you are doing and then remember why you started playing RPGs, maybe you will see the light. If not, oh well...

Comment

• Bottom LINE!!!!!

Ok im not about to read all 22 pages of this to get cought up with all the issiues so instead of giving my opinon on buying and sellint gil id just like to say Go Dodgers!!!!!!!!

and http://penny-arcade.com Rocks <---(iruno if this has been mentiond yet but that is were those 2 comics on page 1 come from.)

Comment

• Other people buying gil doesn't affect you, people who raise prices because they know they can get away with it are the people you should be mad at.

Get it right moron.

Buying gil enhances one person's playing experience, it can no way hinder somebody else's. They buy gil, they spend it on armor and weapons and such, and you stand there jealous. It doesn't affect your ability to get in parties either. They want to to better, get in better parties, advance farther. If you wanted to, you could farm the money, you could buy the money, or whatever else.

The bottom line is that you're jealous that other people can instantly come up with gil. You work hard for your gil, and others just buy it and have it within 15 minutes. You're competing with people who wont use the gil in the same way as you will, they'll sell it which will most likely go to the other people with the same job as you that you're trying to outdo.

I understand how frustrating it is, and it causes a lot of people to quit. If you want easy money, get Whm to 36 and start teleporting. That can be very profitable but varyies day by day.

I've heard that SE has caught a lot of people buying gil and has suspended their characters. So in the end the people who work their asses for their gil don't have to worry about being banned.

Comment

• Listen my point is not that I'm jealous of gil-buyers, like I said, I see it as they are cheating themselves, not me. However, in a sense, they are cheating the game community as a whole. I'm not going to get into this, as its an ongoing debate that obviously can never be settled. By the way, what made you think I'm jealous of gil-buyers or have a hard time getting gil? The funny thing is, I have very uber equips for my level and have never really had much trouble getting gil. Funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X