Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well I for one would never buy gil for real money, first off how would I be guaranteed getting the gil? and besides, i just dont see spending real world money for online gil, i mean if ppl do it whatever, but i just dont see myself doing that..

besides I like FFXi and id rather not get banned..

Comment

• actually i will be the first to admit i have bought gil online only 50K for $12. But i used all of that gil to start my gardening on my mule. I really think that calling people ediots for buying gil is outta line. I mean i'm basically investing mine and i'll most likely get back ten-fold of the gil i got. Plus i have a job and bills and $12 is not gonna put me on the streets or anything. The way i look at it if they buy it to invest in Gardening, Crafting i don't mind at all.

Edit:: And yes i know i can't spell^^
      66 Cor 75 brd 73 whm 74 nin

Comment

• Originally posted by Braanu
        "Internet Gaming Entertainment, Ltd. ("IGE") (www.BANNED),"

Thats the funniest part of this whole thread. That's a moderator editing out the name of the site, right? They took out the real URL and put BANNED in instead, right Lawdawg? Or did you do that?

Reason it strikes me as funny? Well...
        ("IGE") (www.BANNED)

How much of an IQ do you think it would take to put 2 + 2 together and figure out what the real website URL is based on that? ROFLMAO
        Actually, I copied and pasted this article from the allakhazam forums, so their forums have automatic string replacement =\... but yeah, its pretty obvious... for anyone that cant figure out, IGE bought out MySuperSales.

Comment

• its amazing how i missed this thread completly and Lionheart started it on my birthday oh well its been so long since i posted on this website it isnt even funny but oh well so why is this gil buying/selling so bad to you people now since you are debating over it

Comment

• Because of the lack of REALLY important things to talk about lol:spin:

Comment

• /em repeatedly stabs thread.
              /poke thread
              /em hopes this thread dies soon.

Be like a Paladin.
              Take the hit, shrug it off, and ask if their mom hits any harder.

Comment

• I can't believe that IGE is that big....

S-E should sue them, for using their property (isn't the game their property) to get money. With a company that big its not like they can't notice, I want to see that lawsuit.

I mean they hide behind the whole "I am selling time not gil" but come on that would never hold up in a court. Its just so stupid, outside of the "geek" world a real judge would look at it and say this is just moronic and put a stop to it. They have headquarters here, so let S-E US. sue them.
                RNG : 66 NIN : 30 WAR : 49 MNK : 72 THF : 18 WHM : 10

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/profil...tml?char=20649

Tribe.asura-ffxi.com

Comment

• S-E should sue them, for using their property (isn't the game their property) to get money.
                  Unforunately, it's not that simple. If you go back in this thread and read the paper written by the Themis Group, you'd know about the current complications with Intellectual Property.

/em stabs thread again.

Be like a Paladin.

Comment

• Thread starts to cast stoneskin on itself

Comment

• i buy gil online and now have my Dynamis weapon fully upgraded thank you china!

Comment

• The game isn't intellectual property, and neither is the Gil.

You can use logic all you want but in the court system of the United States everything is decided by real people, and cold logic doesn't always win. Judges and juries have minds of their own and with something as stupid as this I don't think they would buy the whole "im selling time thing" after all they advertise 1 million gil for 500 dollars" not "2 hours of hard earned work for 500 dollars".
                        RNG : 66 NIN : 30 WAR : 49 MNK : 72 THF : 18 WHM : 10

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/profil...tml?char=20649

Tribe.asura-ffxi.com

Comment

• The game isn't intellectual property, and neither is the Gil.
                          Not quite. The game code, and some of the ideas like chocobos and logos are intellectual property. Things like virtual items, virtual money, and even characters are up in the air yet. The court system hasn't decided either way yet because the impact to the real world economy would be huge.

You can use logic all you want but in the court system of the United States everything is decided by real people, and cold logic doesn't always win. Judges and juries have minds of their own and with something as stupid as this I don't think they would buy the whole "im selling time thing" after all they advertise 1 million gil for 500 dollars" not "2 hours of hard earned work for 500 dollars".
                          Yes, decided by real people who base their decisions off logic and what the masses want. Logic use is there, but unfortunately, they are human, and are swayed by emotions and the emotions of the masses.

You'd be surprised at the stupid decisions that courts make. Just look at the series of fast food claims that went through the courts and won. An elderly lady spilt coffee on herself, and blamed McDonald's for not saying it was hot! You should know as well as me that someone that old who drinks coffee whould know that coffee is always served hot. Then there was all those other silly court cases...

/em stabs thread and himself for keeping the thread alive.

Be like a Paladin.

Comment

• Didn't you know? It was a conspiracy. They sued McDonalds to keep them in check to stop them from buying out and monopolizing on the fast food industry... >_> It was Elvis's idea, but Kennedy put it into motion.

Don't tell anybody I said that, or the aliens will come with the probes again. They'll come for anybody else who reads this too. <_<

Comment

• Originally posted by csBahamut
                              You'd be surprised at the stupid decisions that courts make. Just look at the series of fast food claims that went through the courts and won. An elderly lady spilt coffee on herself, and blamed McDonald's for not saying it was hot! You should know as well as me that someone that old who drinks coffee whould know that coffee is always served hot. Then there was all those other silly court cases...
                              And here is a prime example of exactly how popular opinion takes a perfectly valid court decision and turns it into a joke.

For those of you who are actually interested in how such a "ridiculous" decision could happen, the reason why it did was because McD's coffee was consistently served much, much hotter than other establishments'. Even after receiving many complaints of injury, they continued to do so, apparently secure in the belief that they are an untouchable corporation and no amount of injuries are worth the trouble of actually changing store policy. This is the reason why huge punitive damages were leveled against them. The "old lady" incident was simply the straw the broke the camel's back.

/cheer facts

Centurio X-I 1/1 - Celphie 1/1 - Deadly Dodo 0/2 - Doppleganger Dio 0/1 - Jaggedy-eared Jack 0/7 - Joo Duzu the Whirlwind 1/1 - Leaping Lizzy 2/16 - Mimas 0/1 - Odqan 1/9 - Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1 - Ose 1/3 - Sagittarius X-XIII 1/1 - Serpopard Ishtar 3/6 - Silk Caterpillar 1/2 - Tom Tit Tat 0/2 - Trickster Kinetix 0/2 - Valkurm Emperor 6/10 - Wyvernpoacher Drachlox 1/1

Comment

Working...
                              X