RenaissanceLS
    pld:75 nin:75 war:37
    bonecraft: 81+2 leathercraft: 50

LOL I was just looking for that one to post it as well but you beat me ; ;

RenaissanceLS

Comment

I still don't understand why people get so worked up about this. It isn't new money being injected into the game that is going to destroy the game economy. Yes there are people out there who make more money and have less time to play than you or I...who cares? They buy gil so they can focus on the parts of the game they like, other people like doing things that earn them $

Comment

seen too many games get completely f*ed over by things like this.

RenaissanceLS

Comment

If you buy gil online, you are most likely supporting someone who uses bot programs to make gil for them while they are not playing themselves.

Or, some ripoff company based in hong kong that operates 'sweatshops' of sorts, paying peanuts to poor youths to farm gil all day long.

Bottom line, DON'T BUY GIL ONLINE

Comment

Originally posted by halfway
            I still don't understand why people get so worked up about this. It isn't new money being injected into the game that is going to destroy the game economy. Yes there are people out there who make more money and have less time to play than you or I...who cares? They buy gil so they can focus on the parts of the game they like, other people like doing things that earn them $
            I don't think anybody's getting worked up, we're just laughing at a cartoon that makes people who buy gil look stupid. And I agree that they are stupid. You might say "oh poor gil buyers, they don't have enough time to get gil," but that's the same as using a gameshark in FF6 to get unlimited gil. Why wouldn't you just want to play the game for what its worth instead? If the game is too hard then just quit.
            Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

Whats wrong with people that are rich in real life and they can spend that type of money to buy fake (game) money. Personally I don't have that type of money because paying 13$ a month is already enough.

GM's in the game are dumb, weak (no power) and pathetic. They won't be able to stop anything like that such as gil farming for selling. They don't even know where to begin to look for signs or hints of it.

My point is, it is sad that people have to buy gil instead of earning it but we can't do anything about it. Be proud that you earn your gil without buying it. Those that buy gil, good for you that you have hundreds of dollars to spend on a game that costs you a monthly fee + 59.99 for that game and 29.99 for the new expansion that is coming out.
              ~~ Rank 8 ~~

Genkai 5 ~ Completed
              Tu'Lia ~ Opened
              http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?26282

Comment

Lionhart and who ever posted that one picture are my hero's, end of story

JP

P.S. I do agree with calling people who buys things in games such as this with real money idiots and stupid. Sorry, but it's the truth, I played EQ before FFXI and guess what that shit happened there....frequently. And I think a lot that played that game will agree on that. I am not getting mad at the people that's making money off of this shit if they're actually getting money, it's not their fault, but I'm also not going to feel sorry for them if they get ripped off cause they got fooled. You know the risks that you're getting into, live with it. Pic 1 comments on people that's dumb enough to buy the fake money in an online game. pic 2 pretty much comments on the people that gets ripped off and complains about it. IMHO too funny.

brave; integritous; commanding
                New sig. Thank you Graelinn of BeastInTheSack (Garuda)
                75 ナイト, 37 戦士, 31 忍者, 18 シーフ, 16 モンク, 8 侍, others: level 1 T_T.
                ナイト 怒 (いかり)(Level 75 ナ/Level 37 戦)

Comment

This is why WoW will trump FFXI, the game does not revolve around money.

Doing quests for your items > spending days and weeks and maybe months to get your items.

Penny-arcade.com made the comic btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Nameless
                    This is why WoW will trump FFXI, the game does not revolve around money.

Doing quests for your items > spending days and weeks and maybe months to get your items.

it doesn't even have to be in game money sold for money game items are also sold for money. So I wouldn't bet that WoW will triumph over any game and as is I am pretty sure there is another push back.

Comment

I don't see what the big hoohahh is about buying gil.

Purely Hypothetical Situation:

- Let's say I have a job that pays $10 an hour.
                      - My chara in-game makes at most, 50k gil an hour.
                      - I can buy 10k gil for $1.

Therefore, I can either:
                      - Farm 1 hour, 50k gil.
                      - Work 1 hour, get $10, and then buy 100k gil.

So in this case, I wouldn't label a gil-buyer stupid. In fact I would think he is smart, for maximizing his earning potential (speaking strictly from the gil-purchaser's perspective, and not taking into account all the other factors such as possible game inbalance, etc). Wouldn't you agree?

[edit]
                      Originally posted by felpa_de_osa
                      So I wouldn't bet that WoW will triumph over any game [/B]
                      Trump is a real word, and properly used in the above context.

Comment

Originally posted by Deodorant
                        I don't see what the big hoohahh is about buying gil.

Purely Hypothetical Situation:

- Let's say I have a job that pays $10 an hour.
                        - My chara in-game makes at most, 50k gil an hour.
                        - I can buy 10k gil for $1.

Therefore, I can either:
                        - Farm 1 hour, 50k gil.
                        - Work 1 hour, get $10, and then buy 100k gil.

So in this case, I wouldn't label a gil-buyer stupid. In fact I would think he is smart, for maximizing his earning potential (speaking strictly from the gil-purchaser's perspective, and not taking into account all the other factors such as possible game inbalance, etc). Wouldn't you agree?
                        But FFXI is a game, your assets are not real and will no longer be worth anything when Square decides to stop the service. You can compare one real job with another but you can't compare a real job with FFXI. Besides, aren't you supposed to be playing a game rather than working your ass off?

It would have been better if all the decent things were Rare/Ex and you had to actually participate to earn them. That's true of artefacts and the like, but they should have done it with anything remotely worth having.
                        RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Comment

Originally posted by Nameless
                          [B]This is why WoW will trump FFXI, the game does not revolve around money.

Word.
                          Retired from FFXI. Playing WoW Beta.

Comment

the main problem I have with it is that for one the people that do it are idiots. for two I work hard for my gil and I don't think it's fair that some rich kid can come and buy the gil in an instant while I work for it. And even if the person earned the money them self in real life it hardly transfers over. I make way more money per hour in real than I do if you convert that to game money based on current exchange rates. Anways STOP BUYING FAKE MONEY CAUSE YOU ARE DUMB.

It's basically like playing that board game monopoly and paying one of the other players real money for their Monopoly money so you can win the game. lolol

RenaissanceLS

Comment

Actually, to get money you need to farm/quest/etc. This takes time. You pay a monthly fee. So whichever way you choose to get the gil, you do pay real money for it.

This makes the ones buying the gil directly the winners. They save time and perhaps even real money on doing this. (depending on how good they are at getting gil ingame)

The only thing I can say about it though is that it's unfair to persons with less spendable real money (but who didn't know life is unfair) and that the possibility to earn real money always attract bots and low salery hired people in poor countries (or I'm just assuming the worst of mankind). Apart from that, I think I could live with people *working* 10-20 hours a day farming gil to sell for real money. I'd even encourage it if the person lives in a city with high % of unemployment.

Comment

Working...
                              X