Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social + Endgame LS

Hey all,

I've been in the same LS now for the past 6 months (when I started playing). I've met some great people there but I'm finding lately that membership is dropping rapidly and finding people low to mid lvls for good pts is a real chore. I'm just exploring my options for a good social LS that also plans end-game events, as I'm one of those players who doesn't like to move around a lot and want a good one that will help me pursue higher lvl content.

Cheers.
    "True friends stab you in the front" - Oscar Wilde
    Snowcrash - WAR37/SAM26/RDM24/MNK24/WHM17/BLM10/THF8

Re: Social + Endgame LS

Well, not to discourage you, but social LSes that dabble with endgame are difficult to pull off.

There's a certain part of this community that thinks endgame can only be done with an HNMLS. This isn't true, but people are such believers that it is true that they don't want to try and see nor do they have the patience to see it through..

My LS has tried to incorporate endgame activity while remaining social about three times now and it just hasn't worked out. I won't point fingers, but how we recruited was partially to blame, people came in wanting the endgame aspect and didn't contribute to all those other little things that make the game special. Meanwhile, others that could do endgame functions didn't always want to do them. I personally came to dislike being a BRD months after getting it to 75, yet I was eventually expected to drop whatever I was enjoying and be a BRD for various events. [No Thanks.]

Not saying such an LS isn't possible, but they're not as common anymore thanks to HNMLS hype taking over.

Anyway, there's load of hype about endgame. Its really, really only worth persuing when you honestly feel you've got no room left to grow into on your main jobs. If you have some other jobs you want to EXP, an HNMLS will get in the way of that most of the time. If you want certain gear, it will take months to get most of it, if not years.

And then, there's the drama... dear god if you want a sample of what you're looking to deal with, just look at the KI Titan forums. You may reconsider endgame entirely after that.

I have some other thoughts on it, but its better to hit them in PM.

Comment

thanks for the great reply kitten....funny thing is, I see you in Jeuno all the time....your name kinda sticks out in the crowd.

Being still fairly new to the game, I guess I often getmixed up in the "flavor of the day" hype surrounding events and what we are told by others we "have to do". Like yourself I find that moving into certain areas, tackling high end mobs, NMS, etc should really be done if and when you're ready personally for them (after all, we all pay for the service, it's our right to be as fast or slow at accomplishing what we want, when we want).

I guess a better request would be to find a good, secure social LS then, with plenty of members at all stages of development. I like to play, learn and succeed...I just want a group that has that same goal....if and when endgame stuff comes along then I want the option to be there, but it's not a requirement.

Thanks for the advice....I'll look for you in-game for further chats.

Cheers
      "True friends stab you in the front" - Oscar Wilde
      Snowcrash - WAR37/SAM26/RDM24/MNK24/WHM17/BLM10/THF8

Comment

My LS is a social/help LS, but they do a number of endgame activities. They team up with another small shell for Dynamis a few times a week, and they go after smaller or less camped HNMs like Genbu. Some of our members do belong to a separate HNM shell, but for the most part, they prefer to do things with our group.

That said, if you were going for a more "hardcore" kind of HNM shell, you might have trouble keeping the social/HNM mix. To really dedicate yourself to taking out various HNMs requires a lot of time, and while there certainly is a certain amount of social interaction in a shell of that nature, it's harder to maintain a balance, I would think.

Comment

Working...
        X