What's up with this clown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with this clown?

Carbuncle : Some paladin was shouting for AM44 party so i joined in. Waited around for people for an hour +, then started.

First, I went DRK/THF because i've tried DRK/SAM before and i figured when using hasso it makes the stun timer longer so I decided to try it this way. (Great sword >> Spinning slash with gear swap / 519 atk and 75+46 STR.) We defeat the blu mage without too many problems, then came Alexander. We wiped on him, so we exited and i go back to town to get key item and a potion tank when I get this:

Kachijin >> Hey I'm getting a SAM from my LS to replace you so sorry ><
    Me >> uh wtf?
    Me >> Why's that?
    Kachijin >> Yeah... you're not doing as much damage as I expected.
    Kachijin >> Sorry
    Me >> the hell?
    Me >> eh.. ok but you're messed up dude

Ok since we all know Alexander is a super tank can someone enlighten me as to whether or not this paladin is being an ahole or is the am44 mission really only for the super elite drks who are supposed to do a million damage per hit?

I'm pretty pissed as I wasted over 2 hours trying to finish this mission only to have some guy kick me because I couldn't live up to his lame expectations. I didn't complain that he was distance tanking Alexander using sword and shield or that his annoyingly pointless macros made it hard for me to see the blu mage's "eyes on me" through all the "Relinquish your pain on me <t> ! PROVOKE!" or "+++ SOLAR FLARE+++ Flash!" nonsense.

Re: What's up with this clown?

i can't rely reply to whether what you are doing is good bad or ugly, but judging from his not trying to talk with you to see if you can make changes but went straight to im getting a replacement for you, i'd say he had a freind on the ls who needed the mission or whatever and you got the shit end of the stick. youd be surp[rised how often crap like that happens.
    Death and taxes...
    Death and taxes...
    DEATH and taxes...
    I think I like it.

Comment

How'd he even manage to get that far is beyond me... Although the TOAU missions are a joke.

Because you know, Hasso as main SAM just totally outdoes Souleater+Last Resort+Hasso(sub)+DRKs Natural Attack Bonus.(Sarcasm)

But i wont get into an argument over DRK VS SAM, cuz they all have their ways of damaging, SAM with skillchains (well, smart ones who know what a skillchain is), and DRKs with their whatever they do to make them do 3k+ Spiral Hell's. But im not a SAM or DRK so i wont pretend i know the dirty details.

I also hate people that have stupid macros like that too...

No Offense to you people who like to roleplay macros, but id much rather see

"CureIV >>> <t>"

Instead of

"May the divine holy light of altana bless <t> with a cure IV"

Yep nothing like seeing that during a 4 hour exp party(More Sarcasm), especially if you are one of those annoying SAM or DD who have like <call2> in their WS macros.

I'm sorry you encountered one of the many retarded people of FFXI, hopefully you will have better luck with the mission someday soon. Maybe this time with a Paladin who has "Provoke <bt>" as their Macro instead of

"Eyes on me <bt> I am your target, i am the one you have to fight, face my shield, and face my sword, and we will battle until the end, you will die to my blade, so get over here!!Provoke!!<call1>"
      62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Originally posted by Selphiie The Enchantress View Post
        "Eyes on me <bt> I am your target, i am the one you have to fight, face my shield, and face my sword, and we will battle until the end, you will die to my blade, so get over here!!Provoke!!<call1>"
        OMG! i LOL'd so hard with this

Edit: and u know what is better that that... that lolpld with this kind of macro didnt even get the mob to face em cuz they spend too much time typin stupid macros than actually knowing how to keep hate from mob...

Comment

You all laugh, but I had a Pld who used almost this exact same macro word for word for his provokes.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Aw... I thought there was going to be a picture of a clown

Comment

Seeing as how I don't know you or the leader, I really don't know which one is in the wrong. I've had to kick people from EXP parties because they were so terrible, I was doing them a favor. What kind of gear setup did you have for this fight?
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

If you're going to roleplay, at least don't do it in macros you're going to hit every thirty seconds; it kind of dilutes what little flavor there was.
                Last edited by Yellow Mage; 03-30-2008, 09:04 AM. Reason: Preferably don't do it in macros at all: just hand type all of your role-play stuff. That way, at least you can make sure it doesn't get redundantly stupid.
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Originally posted by Armando
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

I agree. I actually havew an alternate copy of my macros, one for roleplay text and one without. I might use the roleplay two or three times, then switch to the normal set. Though sometimes I switch back if the party's getting dull.
                  Originally posted by Ellipses
                  Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                  Originally posted by MCLV
                  A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                  More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                    Seeing as how I don't know you or the leader, I really don't know which one is in the wrong. I've had to kick people from EXP parties because they were so terrible, I was doing them a favor. What kind of gear setup did you have for this fight?
                    Regular stuff for this fight.. for Tp thick set and various other accuracy items, Balin's sword, then switch to Str items for WS like plastron / Ruby rings / pallas's bracelets / warwolf belt.. just my regular set for WS's in general.

Anyways.. screw it. I guess at the end of the day what am i expecting from a total stranger? While the game is largely based on a social relationship some people just don't really care about others.

Maybe I would've done more damage if i went with the flow and started doing macros like "omg i'm so sneaky ! tip toe tip toe! Surprise! [SNEAK ATTACK!!!!!] "

Comment

lol one time in a party in the CN, there was another party fighting nearby and their SMN used flavored macros in /SAY so evvvveryone could hear them. If that wasn't bad enough, they basically had text in every macro evar. I'll let your imagination fill in the gaps but yes, they had macros to summon and dispel every avatar and they were all in /say.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                      ------
                      Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                      When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

If you're fighting Alexander, chances are your DPS as a melee means crap. Unless you're in a setup that's hard to work with in the conventional strategy, your job is to make skillchains for the mages to burst on. Dude's just a jerk and his excuse was crappy, sorry you had to deal with him.
                        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                        Currently Playing:
                        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

/p <Sneak Attack> BITCH WILL NEVER SEE THIS COMING LOL

/p <Trick Attack> BITCH IT WASNT ME LOLNO

/s <Flee> BROTHA WITH A TV

Just some of the better macros I've seen for Thf or /Thf. I bet if you would have stated you were doing massive amounts of damage in your macros he might have believed you.

Comment

/p This Guillotine will do at least 999dmg!!!
                            Ameroth's uses Guillotine.
                            Alexander takes 19 points of damage.

You see that massive Gully!!? Yaaaaaa. Me e-peen is so hard now.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                            ------
                            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Do you really call Guillotine Gully for short? Aren't you missing a letter?

Besides, everybody who's anybody pronounces it Gee-uh-teen.

Also, there's no problem with throwing BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST into a macro even if you can't use it with your current job combination. For example:

/s <Flee> BROTHA WITH A TV BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

I feel more confident about the ability Flee already!

END POST BOOOOOOOOOOOOST
                              Last edited by DakAttack; 03-30-2008, 01:47 PM. Reason: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Comment

Working...
                              X