Would anyone be interested in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone be interested in...

... a Podcast about Asura? I have been listening to both Limit Break Radio and Pet Food Alpha. They are great in their own right, but I would like to see something more focused on our server. The main focus would be on upcoming events and things of intrest. Any imput you can give would be appreciated

Although it would take some time to setup, I would be wiling to start the cast.

Also on that note any ideas on what to put in it aside from event listings.
    I.E.
    Interviews/Guest hosts
    NM profiles
    Discussion about new stuff/news
    Story line from the game

Please send any questions/comments to J-E-Jack@hotmail.com
    thanks for all your help

Jack

Poll should say "Would you listen to a Podcast about Asura?"
    Yes
    25.00%
    no
    30.00%
    I do not have an I-pod/I-tunes
    45.00%
    Last edited by JeJack; 02-01-2007, 02:47 PM. Reason: Edit to add correct poll question

Re: Would anyone be interested in...

Dude... are you saying that IPOD's have FFXI Radio stations that are available? I'm totally lost on the whole IPOD thing I've never even gottan to play with one before.

If IPOD's get FFXI Radio, I may have to really consider buying one!

"If all that you seek is something you can grasp it will slip through your fingers everytime."

- Treasure Hunter's Creed
    Last edited by Kirihn; 02-07-2007, 12:59 PM. Reason: Testing Signiture

Comment

Why would I pay for an iPod and all the accompanying luxury googaws when I can read posts on FFXIOnline? Perhaps if I was blind or illiterate...

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
        Perhaps if I was blind or illiterate...
        Blind and illiterate FFXI players?! Hah!

If there are many of those around, the various FFXI forums would be flooded with post written with "inventive" spellings and an utter lack of punctuations, sentences, and paragraphs. Also, each of those posters would completely ignore all readily available info on FFXIonline and FFXIclopedia!
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

You don't need an ipod to listen to podcasts.

Comment

Aah, I recall that now. I believe I've watched a Podcast before, sans iPod. However, I do not think that such a medium provides

a) The ability to filter content to those items relevant to me.
            b) The ability to reference information presented quickly.
            c) The ability to respond to, question, interact with, or request clarification of information distributed.

These are essential to instructive/expository media. This is why a standard learning course has three portions: Literature (Filtration, Reference, Review), Lecture (Interact, Question, Clarify), Homework (Repetition, Practice, and Experimentation). In fact, non-interactive visual media is basically Literature only except that in most cases filtration and review of the media is difficult unless the Podcast can be indexed.

Comment

Podcasts are like talk radio shows without the ability to call in. Comparing them to something else is kind of a waste of time, because obviously it's not going to measure up.

Comment

Well... I'd say they're more like reruns of Oprah. You can watch, but you can't call in. There's a visual element The comparison isn't necessarily a waste of time, it simply indicates that the medium is neither as convenient, interactive, or robust as a forum such as this. Therefore, it is limited to more "entertaining" forms of exposition like TV. I watch TV about once a week at the most and only when a particular show is on because said program is sort of an "event" and it comes with a small weekly party.

Comment

How is there a visual element to a podcast? It's just audio.

Comment

Podcast.

Personally I'd prefer it being Torrented rather than streamed. But it would depend on the format of the content.

Edit> oh yep, I don't have an Ipod either and Itunes is kinda meh.
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I have to admit I don't know the difference between the two, but the podcasts I subscribe to all download completely to my PC (although I can listen to them as they download).

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                        I have to admit I don't know the difference between the two, but the podcasts I subscribe to all download completely to my PC (although I can listen to them as they download).
                        Same here. When I listen to Limit Break Radio while I'm here at work, it just plays straight from my Windows player. Nothing complicated about it. I click, it plays.

Comment

Working...
                        X