Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to it all.

Hey everyone

I have always loved the FF series, having owned and played from FFIV to FFX. It took me a long time to pursuade myself that paying £10 a month for online fees would be worth it.

Unfortunately my first few days experience of the game were awful, I didn't get to play the game for about a week after I bought it, I had lots of connection problems with PlayOnline.

Anyway I finally get into the game and think this is great I finally get to play... except...there's absolutely no-one around whenever I go online. Being a new player to the game it kinda sucks when you have no one to chat to, companionship or general help. The only people that have been online when I have have all been Japanese players.

My character is on the Bahamut server, not sure if that has anything to do with it...? (I just always thought Bahamut was the coolest summon!) XD

So i guess what I'm saying is, is there anyone that is new also and would wanna team up? Or anyone who simply enjoys giving help to n00bs?

Or an explanation as to why the server always seems so empty...

Thanks for reading!

Re: new to it all.

£10
    Us GMT's are cursed really, its hard to find people on our timezone.

There's not much I can say other than hang-in-there, you will eventually find people.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

In all likelihood, the server isn't empty. Just 90% of its population is doing end-game stuff.
      Daos Soulstaff
      Hume WHM 21, BLM 20
      Alchemy 12.6, Fishing 0.1
      Bastok Rank 2
      (Cerberus)

"Humanity spends way too much time making sure everyone's opinion is heard instead of making sure their opinion is worth hearing." - [GM]Dave

Comment

yo dude if u still a low level and don't mind deleting yr char why dont you give the ragnarok server a go it's always busy when i'm on,i'm gmt +1 i think (South African time)
        i'm still a low level and a bit of a newbie and i'll help wwith all the info i can give and help if and when needed.

Just peservere it is well worth it i promise !!
        just have to get your first 12 levels solo then the party stages open up to you!!

Try it,What have you got to lose

sigpic
        DON'T PISS ON MY BATTERY!!!

Comment

I'd recommend Alexander server - we have newer people popping on there all the time!
          sigpic
          The one, the only, the Kai!

Singing, slashing, taming, nuking, evoking, dancing, strategizing, & pwning Elvaan death machine extraordinaire!

75BRD, 75BLU, 75BST, 75BLM, 75SMN, 75DNC, 75SCH

Comment

Originally posted by buckster View Post
            yo dude if u still a low level and don't mind deleting yr char why dont you give the ragnarok server a go it's always busy when i'm on,i'm gmt +1 i think (South African time)
            i'm still a low level and a bit of a newbie and i'll help wwith all the info i can give and help if and when needed.

Just peservere it is well worth it i promise !!
            just have to get your first 12 levels solo then the party stages open up to you!!

Try it,What have you got to lose

You're on ragnarok? Cool, I'm there too, send me a /tell sometime ingame, i'm GMT (+1 due to daylight savings time) aswell, my name is Rohlan ^^ I'm usually on after 7pm our time until max 2 am usually, sometimes i play during daytime too but thats completely random.

Comment

Kai would not be caught dead in that outfit.....literally!

(Inside Lexx joke for those who are oblivious.)
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by kaibelf View Post
                I'd recommend Alexander server - we have newer people popping on there all the time!

I moved from Hades to Alexander in June specifically for the larger-than-average newbie population.

Heh, I knew the demographic of Hades after all three of my social linkshells went barren at around 11:00PM EST for Sky/Limbus....

Comment

I'm on Bahamut, and I have a couple of jobs that are in the low levels. Go ahead an look me up (Suquamish). I am a late night Pacific time player.

If you're looking for a shell, Cake is good with players from all over the world; Cake Linkshell • Index page

signature by fallenintoshadows

Comment

Well it's great to see that the Final Fantasy world isn't dead! Thanks for all your responses and your offers!

It would be great to do some exploring/quests/missions with someone but now I'm not sure if i should switch to alexander or ragnorak...or stay put?!

never felt such a noob!!

Comment

While not particularly helpful I'll be honest. You picked the wrong game to play as a Brit especially this far down the line. It's a really nice game but without plenty of people to party with on your timezone you won't enjoy the game, or experience all it has to offer, a fraction as much as the Japanese or North American players.

Comment

i can't say i'm that suprised by you answer, i almost half expected this kind of response earlier on. bit of a bummer really, sucks that everyone plays WoW instead!

was kinda hoping since they released the FFXI 2008 edition there would be more people playing, in my timezone etc.

I played guild wars for a while and went on to try out WoW (very briefly!), but I couldnt really see any difference. Starting FFxi immediately I could see the differences and different sorts of play systems in place etc.

Shame... I think i'll live out my 30day free trial and see how I feel at the end of that...

Your honest input is more helpful than you think!

Comment

As a brit myself on the Remora server.
                          I find the best time for brits to pt is from 7pm till about 2am.

So basically after Emmerdale and miss everything else on tv.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

not in the UK here but I'm on the same timezone, I must be really lucky, I never have any problems finding people playing at the same time

FFXI also thaught me some Japanese

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>sorry im actually gmt +2:00 (sorry for inaccuracy)<<<<<<<<

and besides that i'm always on between 5pm and 10pm during the week and early mornings 5am -10am on some saturdays and most sundays on ragnarok and i have had almost no party problems,besides the fact that you still have your in house party problems(eg."sorry afk" then 5 minutes later he still hasnt returned =(...get invited to a party, then get asked "can u invite other members please"and i thought i was a nub!!) but that is generalising.

And when parties are scarce i go raid the orcs in Sandoria!=)

I honestly say the game is what you make of it,it can be bad if you don't want to work hard and it can be great if you put a little effort into it =)
                              sigpic
                              DON'T PISS ON MY BATTERY!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X