This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sauhnik
    This game is one of the most excellent games I've ever seen. Too bad my computer can't run it, the computer version looks the best. I have the playstation version. Nice screenshots! I can't wait until I'm leveled enough to slaughter some frikin orcs with erm... my stone spell? :D
    pah, give em stinkin orcs a bath wif ur {Water} you know they havn't bathed in ages... :dead:

p/s: Orcs are weak to Water, and you get that spell later on as BLM :D
    Eiyuu *Midgardsormr*
    DRG44 WAR30 THF25

Comment

• Yeah I saw the water spell in the notary shop in Bastok. I wasn't high enough level so I didn't get it. I can't wait until I can use my Sneak spell, which is for level 20. Oh and guess what? My friend and I killed a.. a.. goblin thug yesterday! haha..

Comment

• Here is a pic I took.. me Vs. Quadav
        Jobs: NIN75 THF75 WAR75 PLD64
        MeritsPT total: 349 (Capped)

Comment

• hi all. Just had to say that your pics rock! keep them coming.
          I'm from the uk so i won't be able to get FFXI till end of november at earliest. Could someone tell me how big the game is, compared to FFX? Also how does it compare to other FF? Cheers.

Comment

• Heya guys. Thanks for visiting my post.

I'm from the uk so i won't be able to get FFXI till end of november at earliest. Could someone tell me how big the game is, compared to FFX? Also how does it compare to other FF? Cheers.
            Cool, I'm originally from the UK as well. Was born in Plymouth England. But regarding your question, I'm not sure how to answer it. You must realize by now that FFXI is completely different from any other FF, and that it is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). This means it is, potentially, hundreds of times "larger" than any other FF.

If you mean as in pure content (the things to see and do, as well as the quests, which is considered beating the game), it would probably be about twice as big as most FF's. As for actual game time though, well, it takes a lot longer to level up and move along to new areas than other FF's, simply because you can't ALWAYS get an amazing EXP PT.

Also, the game is always expanding. They are adding PvP (Player vs. Player) oppurtunites very soon, which will open hundreds of more hours of gametime even for veteran players. Each holiday they have a special event which runs as well, but those aren't vital to the game or have huge gaming oppurtunities. They're more of a fun little quest you can do to get items, money, fame, etc.

In short, to compare FFXI to any other FF is too hard of a task. Sure, it's still an RPG, and it definately lives upto the FF franchise name, but it truly is an entirely different aspect of the series. I have been a die hard FF fan since day one, and FFXI definately did not disappoint. But I'll say again, it's a completely different type of game.

You'll have to play it to see what I mean.
            Menkhor
            Siren Server
            Elvaan Male
            35 THF - 17 DRK - 22 WAR
            Windurst Rank 4
            AF - 0/6
            RSE - 2/4
            Character Page: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?65360
            Screenshot Forum: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/sho...4&pagenumber=1

Comment

• nowone commented on my pic T.T

Comment

• thats a nice pic of Iron Muskeeter

Leaping boots:X Emp hairpin:X 2xSniper's Rings:X Utsusemi Ichi:X (again) .. I can now LVL NIN!!

Comment

• thx i have some more if neone would like to see them, since menkor seemed to stop posting.

Comment

• Sorry man, I completely forgot to mention it. I did do a big post tho. :p It was very nice pic, good res. What are your specs/res?

And no I haven't stopped posting. :sweat: I said in an earlier post I have exams, and that I won't be playing much, and when I do I'm not going anywhere new or exciting. :dead:

I can post one now if you want. I like to do em in batches.

Menkhor
                    Siren Server
                    Elvaan Male
                    35 THF - 17 DRK - 22 WAR
                    Windurst Rank 4
                    AF - 0/6
                    RSE - 2/4

Comment

• arximiro i would definitly like to see some more of your screenshots..

Leaping boots:X Emp hairpin:X 2xSniper's Rings:X Utsusemi Ichi:X (again) .. I can now LVL NIN!!

Comment

• If yah could im Trying to find .. Bst Af screenshot and Sam Af

Comment

• I'll keep an eye out for either of em.

More pics should be coming this weekend, I'll have time to play then. Stay tuned.
                          Menkhor
                          Siren Server
                          Elvaan Male
                          35 THF - 17 DRK - 22 WAR
                          Windurst Rank 4
                          AF - 0/6
                          RSE - 2/4

Comment

• ill try to get some nice ones, maybe some of the areas you guys havnt seem. Maybe i can get some ballista ones whenever i do it ^^

Comment

• Heres another, thats not the eqp i wear to tank, I just was doing a quest ^^

Comment

• Last pic of the night... Wsing a lizard in highlands.

Comment

Working...
                                X