This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ffxi portable

Or, you could try not playing FFXI every waking hour. Sometimes, real life isn't so bad. Do you really need ffxi with you everywhere you go? If so: buy a laptop.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
      Or, you could try not playing FFXI every waking hour.
      Because wanting to spend all of your time on FFXI at home in front of your computer doesn't make you addicted, but wanting to go outside and play it somewhere else does. Really, there are a number of reasons someone might want a game portable, including because they ARE social.

Comment

Originally posted by CroweMidgard View Post
        Hmm, maybe SE can make it work for the iPhone and Blackberry.
        *Takes a look at his own Blackberry*

Naaaaah.

As said before it's technologically possible.
        But for the enjoyment of the game personally I need a screen big enough to at least be able to read the LS/Party chatter.

Aside from that, a keyboard where my thumbs don't occasionally hit 2 or 3 letters as I have quite big hands.
        I already have that happening on my blackberry regularly
        Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

actually, wonder how feasible it would be to make a 2D FFXI. There's no jumping, so your character only really has two degrees of freedom-- forward/backward and left/right. The maps aren't very complicated, a top-down (Think early Zelda or GTA) perspective could probably work.

Of course, most of FFXI's technical requirements are basically in the interface now-- having to have room to display some kind of menu and chat log. Probably possible to make FFXI run in some form on anything above an NES, as a purely academic exercise, but very useless if you can't read what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
            LOL now I wonder what is really clogging up C: then. Guess I'll have to do some data mining tomorrow.
            Technische Universiteit Eindhoven: Info

Nifty program that shows hard drive usage, drawing files as boxes relatively sized to used drive space or total drive space. Make it highlight the full path and it will box each directory, so you can hover over files and see what directories use the most space. You can also color code by file extension. It's one of the best ways to examine your drive quickly and find out what is using all the space, since it even shows hidden files and folders you don't have access to.
            http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
            http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
            http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
            My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
              Because wanting to spend all of your time on FFXI at home in front of your computer doesn't make you addicted
              If you say so.

------

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
                If you say so.
                Way to chop out half a sentence and read it with a non-intended syntax to arrive at pretty much the opposite meaning from what was written.

Comment

While a fully portable and playable FFXI is a little out of the question, I would so love a BB/iPhone app that would let me buy/sell on the AH.
                  FFXIV Balmung Server
                  Tenro Matashi
                  PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                    Way to chop out half a sentence and read it with a non-intended syntax to arrive at pretty much the opposite meaning from what was written.
                    Hmm... Sound familiar?

------

Comment

Ls chat on your phone would be great.
                      sigpicSolidous! from Laksmi
                      CoP: O ZM:O Sandy: 9-1 ToAU:29 WoTG: 15 ACP:O AMK: O
                      BLM:95 THF:95 DRK:95 RNG:82
                      RDM:95 WHM:95 WAR:60 Nin:92
                      SAM:50 BLU:95 DNC:49
                      PUP:32 PLD:15 DRG:10
                      MNK:22 SCH:6 COR:28

Comment

Originally posted by admx9 View Post
                        Ls chat on your phone would be great.
                        lol, i bet they don't have a ipod application for that XD. *Writes apple a letter.* That actually would be pretty cool.
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------
                        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                        Originally posted by Solymir
                        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

you all forget the one simple FACT, the game runs on just what a PS2 can hold and do... not one bit more is needed

so yea it could easily be put in a portable with current technology

and no i for one would not like to see the menus or AH on a screen even as "large" as the psp
                          sigpic
                          "Square Music for a Round World"
                          Final Fantasy Radio

Comment

Originally posted by tebian View Post
                            you all forget the one simple FACT, the game runs on just what a PS2 can hold and do
                            Is that so
                            http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/fre...tml#post835422
                            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by tebian View Post
                              you all forget the one simple FACT, the game runs on just what a PS2 can hold and do... not one bit more is needed

so yea it could easily be put in a portable with current technology

and no i for one would not like to see the menus or AH on a screen even as "large" as the psp
                              Who is this "You all" you're talking to? Hardly anyone in this thread has said it couldn't be done. (I really don't think I even need to say "hardly anyone" instead of "no one," but what the hell.)

Just that it's unlikely, dumb, and/or not worth the trouble.
                              Ellipses on Fenrir
                              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                              . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
                                Who is this "You all" you're talking to? Hardly anyone in this thread has said it couldn't be done. (I really don't think I even need to say "hardly anyone" instead of "no one," but what the hell.)

Just that it's unlikely, dumb, and/or not worth the trouble.

touchy arent we honey, just was a figure of speach
                                sigpic
                                "Square Music for a Round World"
                                Final Fantasy Radio

Comment

Working...
                                X