Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it important on which world you choose to play in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it important on which world you choose to play in?

I'm a total noob. I've been in the game for just a couple of days and I've got lists of questions but this is just something that I'm wondering about...

Does it make a huge difference as to what world you choose to place a character in?

I put my first guy in Ifrit, just because Ifrit was always one of my favs (especially in FF3 as an esper)....so yeah...just wondering.

Re: Is it important on which world you choose to play in?

nope.

Unless you already have friends that play FFXI, there's not much a difference ebtween them all.

Comment

Server is everything!!!!!

Nah all the servers are about the same, tho kujata > ifrit.

Only friends will usually tip a server balance.
      [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

not really but it does depend on how the community is on the server you picked ^^
        Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
        (have fun MMO players ^^)
        Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

is it bad i didn't notice he said he was on ifrit then i made the kujata better then ifrit comment. Ifrit is a fine server, bit drama heavy at times, but there is drama everywhere. Making gil as a new player blows harder then most servers. A good amount of botters, but on a positive note the rmt fails there.

Comment

It's okay. As a new player, there is no way I would know enough about anything to actually be offended. No worries. And yeah, I can't even describe my frustration in trying to make some money. It took me hours to save up for a goddamned hat.

Comment

If you want advice on making money (or anything else for that matter), use the search button in the upper right hand of the page. begging for cash or tips leads to the BAD END.

Just level a few jobs to ten, use signet, and sell crystals on teh AH and you should be golden :3 you can also try moat carp fishing, but that takes a *tiny* bit of investment, and can get boring quickly.

Comment

K, thanks for the help. Carps are gross.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliott View Post
                  What's wrong with goldfish?
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Eliott View Post

Np do fishing you can make good profits even vs all the fish bots (most of which are players lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                      What's wrong with goldfish?
                      They taste spongy.

Comment

Well, welcome to Ifrit. Seems you got the answers to your questions, but if you have any others, feel free to /tell me in game. I'll be on for a while tonight at 8 EDT.

See ya around, hope you enjoy the game.

Comment

Actually, there are differences between servers, there just aren't any physical differences.

The differences are social and economical, then there's the RMT situation per server. These affect how you'll make gil and how fast your reputation gets around.

Fairy, just as an example, was a server players sought out early after US release because (as pathetic as it sounds) a lot of internet game reviewers were placed on Fairy by SE and toured around. Some enjoyed the game, came back and started new characters and the internet fanboys would try to get on that server and be buddies with them, hoping for PS2 news or something lame like that. People obviously don't understant disclosure agreements that well.

Bahamut is popular for its Blue Gartyr forums, some people see it as "the" endgame server and either move, transfer or start on that server just to be part of or compete in that community. As a result of that forum, word about bad or scummy players gets around faster.

I'm on Titan and people from other servers say our server is pretty cheap. Well, it is, to be honest. The econmic controls put in with ToA and the changes to sky pretty much have crippled our RMT to the point that they can't monopolize much of anything anymore. Thier impact just isn't felt anymore save for by the crafting community and consumables.

Btw, avoid Xanadu on Ifrit, she's an emo queen and a gold digger, I know her from Titan. That's about all the advice I have for Ifrit.
                          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 07-19-2007, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Carbuncle is a good server
                            sigpic

Comment

1) Server matters only if you have friends in a specific server and/or want to avoid other players (for instance people never wants to go to Fenrir thanks to Feba ).

2) I hate (Seafood)
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X