Server Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Selection

I'm seeing conflicting information on server selection...some posts indicate that you can choose your server, others indicate random selection?
    If you can choose servers...what server would you recommend?

Re: Server Selection

Yes, you CAN choose any server you wish to join. That is correct.

As far as recommending a server, choose whichever you wan to join. They are all pretty much the same. Choose the one that sounds coolest to you.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

You can now choose server. It's a pretty new addition, used to be random for 5 years.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Bit off topic but....so for instance say i chose Shiva server...i then had friends who chose that server also would we all spawn in the same town or does that depend on race? Or can you choose race and spawn in any town within the server?

Comment

You choose the species and home nation/city.

You do get a nifty beginner ring (equipment) if you align your species with your home nation, though. Each nation has a different ring.

Windurst: Mithra, Tarutaru
            San d'Oria: Elvaan
            Basktok: Hume, Galka
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I am pretty new myself! I joined Remora, I dont know why it just sounded cool to me lol...so yeah just pic whatever sounds cool to you! Or pic the one that your friends are on, if you have any that play this game xD.

Comment

Also, you can reset your Home Point (not to be confused with Home City or Nation, it's just where you go when you die) and be in the same place as your friends anyway ... with a bit of running. Note that the embassies have people who will give Signet like those people by the gates in your home town...

Comment

Originally posted by Otesha View Post
                  I am pretty new myself! I joined Remora, I dont know why it just sounded cool to me lol...
                  Remora is a school of fish, and you're a cat... Maybe that's why?
                  Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                  yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                  Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                  leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                    You choose the species and home nation/city.

You do get a nifty beginner ring (equipment) if you align your species with your home nation, though. Each nation has a different ring.

Windurst: Mithra, Tarutaru
                    San d'Oria: Elvaan
                    Basktok: Hume, Galka
                    I take it if you don't choose the corresponding town you don't get the ring!?
                    If we (me and my friends) all chose to go to the corresponding town to get the ring do we then need a pass of some sort to meet each other?

Comment

Originally posted by zelliticus View Post
                      I take it if you don't choose the corresponding town you don't get the ring!?
                      If we (me and my friends) all chose to go to the corresponding town to get the ring do we then need a pass of some sort to meet each other?
                      no you dont need a pass, you just got to walk all the way there to ware your friends are at if you want to meet them xD. (wich will be hard at level 1)

Comment

OK here we go..

Now I know that SE is working on allowing existing users to emigrate freely in the near future and still keep their characters intact. Unfortunately, conditions on Ramuh between me and certain "playaz" have gotten to the point where I can't stand to deal with it civilly anymore. So I sent an email to SE asking to be relocated.

Here's the dilemma - does anyone want to recommend that I move to their server, and why?
                        Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
                        Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
                        Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Working...
                        X