Which to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which to buy?

Now that I have learned I will most likely be able to purchase FFXI, I've hit another roadblock.

Should I go with the PC version that I already have and stuff and just buy a new controller, or should I buy the 360 version for my nice big HDTV setup downstairs? I'm seeing the pros and cons as such:

PROS OF 360
    - Comfy couch to sit on
    - Big screen HDTV to play on
    - Voice chat without having to use Vent and/or TS
    - I think 360's are sexy

CONS OF 360
    - Unless I purchase a keyboard attachment, typing will be hella hard
    - I'm not sure how gameplay would be effected overall
    - FFXI would not take full advantage of 360's graphics (this bothers me very little, I love FFXI's graphics )
    - From what I hear it's a log registration process (again, it's summer, this don't bother me)

PROS OF PC
    - Already have the game
    - Typing is relatively easy
    - Good computer = good gameplay

CONS OF PC
    - Controls aren't exactly tailored for keyboard, though it is completely plausible
    - Don't have the latest expansion with BLU/PUP/COR
    - Would probably spend extra money buying a new controller

So, I want you guys' help. Can you give me some insight as to which you think would be the better choice? Or if it really doesn't matter, just let me know that

I appreciate it folks, thanks a bunch!

Re: Which to buy?

If you already have a 360 and a HDtv.....go with the 360. The cons you listed can easily be bought

would be a lot cheaper if the current computer you have can't play the game that well.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I mean, my comp could play it seamlessly, but I kinda like your idea

What a better way to flex the new 360 muscles then to buy an online game, haha. I have quite a few keyboards I could probably use, so I guess it's all set. Anyone have any encouragement and/or contradictions to this argument?

Comment

Originally posted by Tivul
        Anyone have any encouragement and/or contradictions to this argument?
        I've got one. Can I come over your house to play your 360?
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

To tell ya the truth, I don't actually have it yet . I get it next week as an end-of-school / wisdom teeth removal type present. And I recently got back into FFXI, so I mean...just a lotta good things happening at once, lol.

But once I get it, sure! Everyone's invited!

Comment

I also dont think you can set up voice chat with more than 1 person. At least thats how it works on other games isn't it? And with most pc users using vent or teamspeak, you wont be able to use voice chat with them. Although I must admit, the game looks a lot more natural on the 360 since there is no windower to make the game too dark or too bright, and AA plus dolby digital always helps.

Comment

Hm, I always thought if you sent out chat invites and such to others they could join yours...and I was more interested in using it to perhaps communicate with my other friends who weren't necessarily on FFXI. You raise a good point, though!

I realize how crucial Vent/Teamspeak are to some.

Comment

Originally posted by Tivul
                To tell ya the truth, I don't actually have it yet . I get it next week as an end-of-school / wisdom teeth removal type present. And I recently got back into FFXI, so I mean...just a lotta good things happening at once, lol.

But once I get it, sure! Everyone's invited!
                Wisdom teeth removal type present? Is this what the Tooth Fairy is putting under pillows in your area? I may have to move to your area, and knock out a tooth for this kinda deal! I don't want an X360, but damn it I could surely sell it! lol
                Odude
                PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Haha, it's more of an exaggeration on my part

It's mostly for an end of the school type deal...plus money I've had saved up since my birthday in March. Being an only child = the r0x0rz.

I'm so anxious to play this now, though...especially on the tv we have. I was just downstairs checking it out and...oh man so beautiful, lol. Guess I'll just go read the forums and such...

Comment

I have FFXI for both. I don't really know why but it just doesn't feel right for me on the 360. Maybe its just because I'm used to the PC version but it just felt wierd. I usually use PC version + a PS2 pad through a PS2 > USB converter.

Comment

If you have other games you want to play on 360 then why not. But if you buy 360 just for FFXI alone I don't think it's worth it.
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. It's definately not just for FFXI, haha. I know I want Oblivion and this Medal of Honor game, as well as quite a few others. My friend has a 360 and I've just been hooked on it. Only problem is I gotta wait 'til next week to get it, and right now I'm dying to play

Comment

hehe, i am also buying FFXI today for the 360 ^^ cant wait to play

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Working...
                          X