Worth of buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worth of buying?

And what about the looks? You can only decide those at the start right? What if I'm not happy with my choice after playing a while?

Comment

Then (if you play on the PC version) you can always change the .dat files to make yourself look different. Other than that, your only option is to start over. So make sure you really like what you pick!

Comment

I sometimes wish I could change the looks - my ls decided I had a pretzel on my head the other day...

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I like your model! I mean, it's maybe not my favorite of the female elvaan, but it's not bad by any stretch.

Comment

Yeah but being told I have a pretzel for hair, or being called granny gets old fast... ah well, at least I am not the ubiquitous tarutaru...

"As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

It would be nice if the models on the character select screen looked something like they do in-game. Do you get a look at how you'll really look if you used the "simplified" character select setting?
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
                It would be nice if the models on the character select screen looked something like they do in-game. Do you get a look at how you'll really look if you used the "simplified" character select setting?
                No, you don't. You just get a still picture of the same weird models from the full version. It's really disappointing.

Hell, just make it like the model viewer! It would be both awesome and funky fresh, if I do say so myself.

And I do.

Comment

Instead of moving characters you just get a still picture, much like the avatars here.
                  75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                  Woodworking 91.9+2
                  ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsteena
                    I sometimes wish I could change the looks - my ls decided I had a pretzel on my head the other day...
                    And my 'super-hairy faced' Mithra is now 'Teen-Wolf.'

Comment

Originally posted by Hantz
                      And my 'super-hairy faced' Mithra is now 'Teen-Wolf.'
                      Michael J. Fox version or Jason Bateman version? Not that either is preferable, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                        Michael J. Fox version or Jason Bateman version? Not that either is preferable, of course.
                        Sadly, it's the Jason Bateman version, because he boxed and I've been known to use hand-to-hand weapons before, while I've never been seen fighting crawlers with a basketball.

Jason Bateman is great and all (Arrested Development ), but his Teen-Wolf was clearly inferior to the original.

Comment

Michael J Fox hopefully...

Comment

To Mihra: The monthly payment is about 10€, and if u want i can get u a world pass to Fairy server, so if u arent a No-Life player we could level together ( i just bought the game and i´m european too)
                            Double Post Edited:
                            Originally posted by Mihra
                            I know 13 dollars is less than 13 euros (dunno how much less) so that's cheaper than WoW which is 12.99 a month (or a little bit less if you pay for more months at once, and a bit more if you use prepaid gamegcards) that's another plus to FFXI than!

If I look at the screens, the graphics are also a great plus

Double Post Edited:
                            I just seen that the monthly costs are 12.95 euro's for 1 character. Every additional character costs 1 extra euro! That's a downpart then... mhm
                            I'll let you know if I bought/gonna buy the game.
                            I saw that the monthly payment is 12.95/10€ in POL sites, so i think it depends on value of euro and dollar.
                            Last edited by Idzor; 07-11-2006, 09:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            Idzor RDM/11
                            Ladacroft WAR/9
                            Tataki BLM/3

First is mine, 2nd and 3rd are my brothers.

Fishing is one of the best things in the game, sadly im a bastoker...

Comment

Working...
                            X