• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worth of buying?

I have the newest.
    Idzor RDM/11
    Ladacroft WAR/9
    Tataki BLM/3

First is mine, 2nd and 3rd are my brothers.

Fishing is one of the best things in the game, sadly im a bastoker...

Comment

Originally posted by Idzor
      Okay, now i noticved that when i start registration comes text(Something like this): Your information will be collected by using SEL 128 bit technology. My Computer supports 64bit technology, so how to change it to 64bit or lower???
      LOL
      2 completely different things. one refers to the encryption strength and the other to your computer's ability to address memory

update drivers and update Direct X. close all other applications that may be running in the background, e.g. AIM, Virusscan, winamp, browser, etc.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

NVM, i didnt have the newest drivers , but how i can change my graphics better?
        Idzor RDM/11
        Ladacroft WAR/9
        Tataki BLM/3

First is mine, 2nd and 3rd are my brothers.

Fishing is one of the best things in the game, sadly im a bastoker...

Comment

After I've seen the anime .hack//sign and also read the manga's .hack//legend of the twilight I bought Guild Wars. I enjoyed that game for 1-2 months and then bought World of Warcraft, which I enjoyed even more. I sold GW. Now Blizzard is really screwing things up in WoW. Because of extremely high latency lots of servers are now unplayable for several weeks already. Blizzard still wants our connection info, while the problem is clearly on their side though. Hundreds of players are complaining about the wacky service, we pay to play, but we can't play!

So I'm considering buying FFXI for my pc. I've already enjoyed other FF games and I like the screens of this game more than the toony WoW. But before I actually buy it there are a few things I'd like to know:
          1. Is there a European version (I'm from Europe) for pc? When I check www.playonline.com/ff11eu it says there's only a xbox360 version. www.playonline.com/ff11us says there's also a pc version.

2. If there is a European version, is it worth buying it, or should I get the us copy, since it's hard to find a eu copy in the stores here (so my guess is there are many, many more us players and only a few eu players?)

3. Is there also roleplaying, or is it just everyone plays him/herself (including an overdose of l33tkiddies), just like in Guild Wars (no rp in GW, but there are rp-server in WoW)?

4. Is there also player versus player combat in the world (like WoW has), or can we only attack monsters (just like GW, where PvP is only on special battlegrounds)?

5. What payment methods are there? I don't have a creditcard, but I couldn't find much info on it. The info I've found says a creditcard is the only way to pay.

6. Do I need all the current expansion packs to be able to play? I know the game already comes with the first 2 expansions, but I've seen there's a third one as well. Do I need it to be able to play? If I got a us copy of the game, can I use the eu copy of the expansion (or vise versa), or does it all have to be the same?

7. Will the game run on my laptop (512 mb RAM and 128 mb specific videomemory)?

Comment

1. Yes, there is an EU version. Both for PC and 360, I believe.

2. If you can't find the EU version, you might be able to import a copy. I'd check online retailers in Europe to see if you can find something. Maybe Amazon?

3. There is some RP, but it's spread out over all of the servers. All of the servers are "general" type. There aren't any PVP or RP specific servers. There aren't even region specific ones.

4. PVP is only in specific areas. Ballista and Brenner are two popular versions of it. The majority of the game is PVE though.

5. Credit card is the only method of payment. However, you can use the EPassporte to pay for the game (online credit card that you load with money, basically). If I can find a link, I'll post it.

6. You don't need all of the expansion packs. Just the Vanadiel Collection (Original game and first two expansions) should be enough for now. If you find that you love the game, by all means buy the newest expansion then.

7. It should, but it won't run well. Your laptop does meet the specs though.

edit: Epassporte

https://www.epassporte.com/secure/finalfantasy.cgi

Comment

theres a eu ver at the site here http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/intro/shop.html look at the bottom of the page and your see for windows and links to buy it

Comment

Thanks for the fast replies. I assume there are plenty of european players? The eu and us servers aren't the same right?
                I'm gonna think about it and maybe try it. If I buy the game I get a free month or so right? That also means 1 month of trying and time to order a creditcard, if I like the game.
                If I'm gonna get a copy, it's gonna take up to a month before I do though, my holidays start within 2 weeks and then I can't play for 2 weeks when I'm in France. But when I get back home I might buy the game a.s.a.p. But too bad there isn't too much rp, that's what I really enjoy about WoW (I started on a non rp-server, but when I moved to a rp-server the fun really started!) But the MMO part is already great of course

WoW runs pretty well on my laptop, with video options very low though, but it still looks nice.

edit: PvP: I like world PvP, but in WoW it comes pretty much down to highlevel players ganking the lowbies, who don't have a chance of surviving/running. So that's the major down part of it. That's why pure PvE isn't that bad

Comment

Originally posted by Mihra
                  Thanks for the fast replies. I assume there are plenty of european players? The eu and us servers aren't the same right?
                  I'm gonna think about it and maybe try it. If I buy the game I get a free month or so right? That also means 1 month of trying and time to order a creditcard, if I like the game.
                  If I'm gonna get a copy, it's gonna take up to a month before I do though, my holidays start within 2 weeks and then I can't play for 2 weeks when I'm in France. But when I get back home I might buy the game a.s.a.p. But too bad there isn't too much rp, that's what I really enjoy about WoW (I started on a non rp-server, but when I moved to a rp-server the fun really started!) But the MMO part is already great of course

WoW runs pretty well on my laptop, with video options very low though, but it still looks nice.
                  Everyone plays on the same servers. Japanese, American, European, and anyone else that might play. So you'll definitely find a mix.

Although you get a free month of play, you'll still need a credit card to get things started (even though they won't bill you for the first month). If you don't have a credit or debit card, that prepaid epassporte thing seems to work pretty well for folks.

Comment

Ow, 1 more question:
                    In GW the only place to meet players is in the cities and villages. Out in the wild you can only see players who are in your party. In WoW you can meet players everywhere, exept from dungeons. But out in the wild and in cities: everywhere are players to meet. How's that in FFXI?

Comment

im from europe and i ordered it from http://www.play.com and i hope i get it soon

and this game is nothing like GW or World Of Warcraft your meet players easy

Comment

Originally posted by Mihra
                        Ow, 1 more question:
                        In GW the only place to meet players is in the cities and villages. Out in the wild you can only see players who are in your party. In WoW you can meet players everywhere, exept from dungeons. But out in the wild and in cities: everywhere are players to meet. How's that in FFXI?
                        FFXI is like WoW in that you'll meet players all over the place (save specialized areas called Burning Circles, which are sort of like Instances, but not really). The game has zones like GW, but that's just to help with lag and loading times.

Comment

meet easy means everywhere in the gameworld? That's one of the most important things to me, that's what I like.
                          And I've found the game (basic+2 expansions for 29.99 euros) at Bol.com delivery time: 2-3 weeks! The third expansion takes 2-3 days to deliver.
                          What are the monthly fees for this game? around 12-15 euros right?

edit: I haven't ordered it yet, still thinking. But if I want it, I think it's best to order before I go on holiday for 2 weeks (since the delivery is 2-3 weeks)

Comment

Meet easy means anywhere in the gameworld, yes. And it's about $13 US, so whatever that translates into in Euros.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                              Meet easy means anywhere in the gameworld, yes. And it's about $13 US, so whatever that translates into in Euros.
                              I know 13 dollars is less than 13 euros (dunno how much less) so that's cheaper than WoW which is 12.99 a month (or a little bit less if you pay for more months at once, and a bit more if you use prepaid gamegcards) that's another plus to FFXI than!

If I look at the screens, the graphics are also a great plus

Double Post Edited:
                              I just seen that the monthly costs are 12.95 euro's for 1 character. Every additional character costs 1 extra euro! That's a downpart then... mhm
                              I'll let you know if I bought/gonna buy the game.
                              Last edited by Mihra; 07-11-2006, 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You don't really need extra characters except for storage. One character can play all of the jobs in the game, and it's actually not recommended to try and level multiple characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X