Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different characters on different servers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different characters on different servers?

I've been curious about this. A friend of mine is in a different server then me and wants to come to Cerberus. He doesn't want to delete his orignal account and make another one. Other then waiting for a server migration which probably won't be happening for a long while, how would it be feesible? Would he have to purchase a new game? Or something?

Re: Different characters on different servers?

if he doesn't want to start over, it is not possible. however, he doesn't have to delete his character, he just needs to buy another content id and start a new character.

even if there is a server migration, there is no guarantee that he'd be able to move his existing character over to your server anyway.

sorry.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

He'd have to create a new char from scratch (extra $1 month), and you'd have to get him a world pass.
      Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
      Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
      Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
      Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
      Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Like the others have said, buying a content ID and starting a fresh character with a World Pass does work. It's how I hang out with my brother when he's on Lakshmi and my friends when they're on Ramuh.

Juggling two characters can be time consuming though. Personally, I use the "Which race do I feel like playing today" method until my brother logs on. I also find it a bit fun to compare the economies between the two servers I play on. It can be difficult but it does allow you to see the world through another race or country's eyes.

Comment

Yeah, outside of hacking their server to port your character to a new server or waiting for a "World Shift" there isn't any other options. If really desire to do that your friend could try contacting the developers I guess (Not the GMs) and see if he can talk them into shifting him. Not as likely to work but what a company will do for you, you'll only learn by actually trying it.

Some companies will do a lot for a customer, but the customer has to be polite and specific to what they are looking for. Also not looking for a deal that is just flat out rediculous to fill.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Awesome. Now the only thing left to do is to get him to make a new char. Lol. Hopefully he doesn't have a hard time starting over.

Comment

I hope theres a migration soon >.>
              ~~Fayttt of Diabolos
              PM8-4: (Aka Finished): Dawn, ZM17 (Aka Finished): Awakening, Windurst 8-1: Vain
              RDM66/SMN25
              *~*~*Cloudy*~*~*

Comment

Working...
              X