This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Gil

I'm just wondering if anyone has any good tips on how to make money early on in the game?

I just started playing and I've noticed that monsters don't drop gil. So how do I make money, other than selling random items that monsters drop for like 10-20 gil a piece??

Re: Making Gil

There are several topics on this already. Please use the search function.

Get Signet from a gate guard, farm crystals, and sell in AH.

Comment

lvl thief to 15 for Treasure Hunter. You'll get better drops.
      My Split Personality
      Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

I can send you some gil if you like ^.^ just make sure you are on the same server as me, or I can send you a world pass, if not: do whats stated in the above posts, farming requires atleast lvl fifteen and I know of a few good places to farm in Bastok, so if you are on my server I can show you around and give you a few tips if you like ^^
        "You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

"Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth.
        It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserves." 1
        Corinthians 13:6-7

Come along and join us ^.^!!!

Comment

Originally posted by =Tuyen=
          I can send you some gil if you like ^.^ just make sure you are on the same server as me, or I can send you a world pass, if not: do whats stated in the above posts, farming requires atleast lvl fifteen and I know of a few good places to farm in Bastok, so if you are on my server I can show you around and give you a few tips if you like ^^
          ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ thank u!

unfortunately i just started playing on midgardsormr..... i wonder if there are kind and generous people like u on that server too????

Comment

10-20 gil? Sounds like you're selling to NPC's, don't save items until you have a full stack of 12 (if they stack) and then sell them on the auction house to other players, you'll get alot more money from them. Early on, crystals and silk thread from Crawlers near Windurst can make you quite alot of money. You should be about to sell a stack of silk for around 40k+. That should see you through to level 20 or higher easy.

Comment

I can try and get a world pass to send to you, or if we are able to send items to someone on another server I can do that also, but I dont think that is possible so let me know if you want a world pass, you can make a new character and i can help you from the beginning or you can stay on your server and look around, i am sure there are other nice people ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen
                10-20 gil? Sounds like you're selling to NPC's, don't save items until you have a full stack of 12 (if they stack) and then sell them on the auction house to other players, you'll get alot more money from them. Early on, crystals and silk thread from Crawlers near Windurst can make you quite alot of money. You should be about to sell a stack of silk for around 40k+. That should see you through to level 20 or higher easy.
                A stack of 12 Batwings in garuda server Bastok nets in between 4000 to 6000 gil a stack, you can farm these off ding bats and mouse bats in zeham mines, they are this much due to the Alchemist guild in bastok which some recipies use them. Also 12 Zerham soot gives you 5000. Crystals vary from 1000-3000 per stack of 12, earth crystals are the most common and sell for the lowest amount. Rabbit hides from saratuba go well especially in sandoria. Plus do some of the quests, the simple ones give you a small amount of gil, but its enough to buy some new low level weapons and armour, alot of teh items you require from the quest can be easily obtained from the areas around the city.

Comment

On the Quetzalcoal server, "Fire Crystals" sell for about 4000gil-5000gil but the best way to make money is to farm silks wich sell for 40-50k, or behive chips, most bees drop them i think, or if you choose you could buy gil off ebay xD

Comment

Fire Crystals on Fairy r going from 4k threw the week to 9k near the weekend. Yet everything on this server is WAY over priced
                    My Split Personality

Comment

Tabris, I recently found a way that would have helped me six months ago when I started ><

1. Get to Bastok. Easier said than done if you're a new player and have no LS; but if at all possible; get to Bastok.
                      2. Get Signet cast on you (send me a message if you need help with that)
                      3. Go out and farm crystals, but particularly FIRE crystals. Keep going until you get ATLEAST 12 Fire crystals, but preferably more.
                      4. Go drop all items possible (Besides the Fire Crystals) into your Mog House.
                      5. Go to Goldsmithing Guild and mass buy Copper Ore's until you only have 1 spot open.
                      6. "Use" the crystal, then select the 4 copper ores on it. This will be a first step in "Synthesizing" It will create a copper ingot.
                      7. Finally, once you have made 12 Copper Ingots, go check their selling price on AH, and set your price the same or a little less.
                      8. (optional) if you managed to farm 12 of any other item/crystal, put them up for sale too! Crystals are still a good source of gil if you aren't going to use them for any synthesis.
                      If you get to the GS shop when it opens (8:00 by Vana'diel clock) you can make a little over two stacks (ie two sets of twelve) Copper Ingots before they close (23:00) give you have enough Fire Crystals.

NOw, Copper Ingots (for me) go for 15-17k (jeez twice today I've posted this ><)
                      Thats a good profit. After that, use some of your money (5-6k) to simply just BUY 12 more fire crystals. Then go back to GS and do the same. Basically, for 5000gil, you can make 15-17, a profit of 10-12 thousand gil. Copper Ingots are insanely easy to make so; I wish I'd have figured this out at the start instead of a month ago ><

Hope this helps!
                      Last edited by DizavidHZ; 12-07-2005, 11:52 AM. Reason: forgot info

"Yeah, maybe you should keep your finger out of your throat and eat a doughnut."

A Message to the Calista Flockharts of the world.

Comment

simply selling the crystals and copper ores used to make all that stuff will make you much more

Double Post Edited:
                        oh another thing, dont sell ANYTHING to NPCs, sell everything at the AH, its realllly worth it when you first start out
                        Last edited by eriatarka; 12-07-2005, 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
                        InuTrunks is just mad, because I ate his baby.

Comment

Originally posted by =Tuyen=
                          or if you choose you could buy gil off ebay xD
                          Please don't encourage new players to buy gil.
                          You kill one man, your a murderer
                          Kill many and your a conquerer
                          Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

though I haven't dared do the math, if you are right about selling all those ores, it's a matter of practicality. even if you could make more of a profit off that.... while the crystals will sell mega fast; selling the copper ores as you buy them? You seen how long it takes something like that to sell? lol I'll settle with 10-12k profit off them when I need it...it's quicker, and I've amassed more gil over a couple days of that than anything else this far (farming grain seeds excluded; not mentioning silk threads due to the fact crawlers hate me)

"Yeah, maybe you should keep your finger out of your throat and eat a doughnut."

A Message to the Calista Flockharts of the world.

Comment

the stack of copper ingots will sell for more per stack, but the stack of fire crystals will sell faster.

keep maybe one or two stacks of ingots on the ah, but the best way to make gil at lower levels is to sell crystals.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                              Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                              I live to entertain!

Comment

Working...
                              X