Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character deleted, name still registered?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character deleted, name still registered?

I deleted one of my characters to create a different one with the same name. But it seems the name is still registered, even though the character was deleted, since I get the "name unavailable" message when I try to create a new character.

When/how will I be able to create a character with the same name again?

Re: Character deleted, name still registered?

do you have more then one char??

if you have one char then deleted him/her

then try to remake the char you are geting placed in a new server were the name is taken

best way to do it is, if the name is taken makeup a name then delete that char and reroll useing the name you wish to use to see if the other servers have a opening for that name

Comment

It probably means that somebody stole your name.
      Never fear Death... simply become it...
      http://www.insomniel.com/quizzes/dragoon.html <-- ME!

Artist: Blue Oyster Cult Lyrics
      Song: (Don't Fear) The Reaper Lyrics
      All our times have come
      Here but now they're gone
      Seasons don't fear the reaper
      Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
      Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
      Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
      We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
      Baby I'm your man...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
        It probably means that somebody stole your name.
        very unlikely, as i deleted the character and then tried registering a new one 10 seconds later!

Comment

the names sometime take longer to clear from the back end (especially more than 10 seconds). in other words, you did it too fast

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

ok! thanks, that's what i thought!

Comment

Yes, likely you tried way to early. An easy rule of thumb for much of the technology is as long as it is in optimal performance allow for up to a 60 sec. delay. Just give at least 1 min. before trying again and probably be fine then, but if part of the process requires also some human interaction then I'd probably give 24-48 hrs then.

All depends on how the system is built to function, my guess would be after 1 min. to about 30 min. should be a good leniency.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

first of all how many character you have?
                if you only have one and let say is on ragnarok server at first, then u delete it and try to make another one with the same name. 2 thing may happen here that cause you to get the name in use. First is like what the mod say you remake it too fast.
                2nd would be maybe u are place in another server since u only have one character and that server someone else is aleady using your name. i may be wrong here as they may not place u in another server even after deleting your only character.

Comment

it also seems that the availability depends on what server you're being connected to, and this seems to be decided before you start making the character.

so i tried with the same name a couple of times, and a few times i got the "name unavailable" message. then i went back to the main menu and selected "create character" again and did the whole thing over again. after a few tries i was able to create the character, probably because i got a server where the name wasn't taken.

Comment

Working...
                  X