This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Questions

1. Each server is exactly the same, right? (besides the name and the ppl in it)

2. How do you world passes work EXACTLY?

3. How much is it a month to play FFXI and what are the different payment options?

4. How do you get money (gil)?

5. Where can I find/buy the recommended sound card? (DirectX 8.1)

Help is very much appreciated.
    Last edited by MusicFreak247; 12-03-2005, 09:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: More Questions

1. Yes.

2. When a World Pass is bought in game, the actuall "pass" is just a number that a NPC gives. You need to enter that number in Character Creation screen. Then your character will only log in on that server. You cant change server with a character.

3. Credit/Debit/Gift Cards. About $12 dollar a month for 1 character. If you make more characters, each additional character will be $1 extra a month.

4. By killing monsters, you get gil, and by their drops, which you can sell for gil on the "Auction House", where other players might buy the items. You can also do quests, sell items that you got from a quest or sell items you synthed(Crafting). There are mroe ways to get gil, you will learn more ways to make gil during playing.

5. DirectX 8.1 is not the soundcard. Just software, which you have installed now i believe. Just go to any PC-Shop, and ask for the named Video Cards.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

So if you have to enter the "pass" when you are first making your character...I dont get it, lol...in order to be in the game playing (to buy it) wouldnt you have to already have made your character? I hope you understand what I mean.

Comment

Someone else has to give you a World Pass if you want a specific server. :p The game randomly places you on a server when you create your character. You can reroll your character over and over again until you get the server you want if you like but that might take a while since it seems to favor less populated servers. Only way to get the server you want for sure is to have someone else get a world pass who is already on the server you want and use it when you create your character.
        My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
        Originally posted by Balfree
        Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Ohh! So you have to pay them for the pass AFTER they give it to you and AFTER you make your character? Unless you can magically pay them without a character...which...no, lol.

Comment

If they want you to pay them sure. some people do it for free out of kindness. World Passes have 5 uses on them so more than one person can use them so some offer them up to whoever needs them.
            My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
            Originally posted by Balfree
            Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Ohh, okay. Thank you very much for the info.

Comment

any particular sever you want in? I'm in Seraph

"Yeah, maybe you should keep your finger out of your throat and eat a doughnut."

A Message to the Calista Flockharts of the world.

Comment

Yeah...I want a Phoenix Server pass, but I'm not going to need a pass until around Christmas, since that's when I'll be getting FFXI. But thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X